LTE Version Surfaces in Korea!

BoozeRob

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S II LTE phone surfaces in Korea, codenamed Celox? -- Engadget

celox.jpg

800 mhz, but it still gives me some hope.

eksplosions

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Changing frequencies should be negligible for Samsung. Question is, did they start production of that phone already, and if so how long ago? Whatever VZW is getting is already being churned out by China.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Very cool. New rumors that the Prime is going to be out in October make it hard to wait for this device, though.

Still, they're just rumors.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well now that we know its possible for Samsung, we know who to blame for the lack of LTE then. :p

Sent from my ADR6400L

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Take notice of the similar form/thickness of the unit. Doesn't appear as thin but its not a radical departure. All will be revealed :)

Sent from my Droid

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Take notice of the similar form/thickness of the unit. Doesn't appear as thin but its not a radical departure. All will be revealed :)

Sent from my Droid

Also states that it's 4.5-in display. I wonder if that was a biproduct of getting the LTE radio in or just a feature enhancement.

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
As much as I love that we are finally seeing some kind of progress, I remain very skeptical to protect my sanity lol. We saw the SGSII debut over in Korea over three months ago and that product still has yet to reach our shores. Judging by that time line I am very hesitant to think that this will reach the US by early September.

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
The plot thickens, but I'd really like to see some actionable intel on whatever variant is coming to VZW in the near future.

It is really hard for me to see that in the states before December. That said, I've been wrong in the past and Samsung could actually have a plan. Scary thought...

eksplosions

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
As much as I love that we are finally seeing some kind of progress, I remain very skeptical to protect my sanity lol. We saw the SGSII debut over in Korea over three months ago and that product still has yet to reach our shores. Judging by that time line I am very hesitant to think that this will reach the US by early September.

Maybe the reason for the delay in the US is, in fact, the LTE version. Since it hasn't launched in Korea yet, they didn't have it ready from the start. So now if they have it ready, they can do a near-simultaneous launch of it.

I don't buy the "3G then 4G" mentality for Verizon, it's not like AT&T where they would be able to dump their stock and then sell a new version. It would be two new iterations for them to manufacture and distribute. And I can't picture them releasing a 3G version at this point, especially when a lot of consumers are aware of 4G, LTE or the other faux-4G networks-- we know all the other networks will market theirs as 4G.

I BELIEVE. :)

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the reason for the delay in the US is, in fact, the LTE version. Since it hasn't launched in Korea yet, they didn't have it ready from the start. So now if they have it ready, they can do a near-simultaneous launch of it.

I don't buy the "3G then 4G" mentality for Verizon, it's not like AT&T where they would be able to dump their stock and then sell a new version. It would be two new iterations for them to manufacture and distribute. And I can't picture them releasing a 3G version at this point, especially when a lot of consumers are aware of 4G, LTE or the other faux-4G networks-- we know all the other networks will market theirs as 4G.

I BELIEVE. :)

how long have you been a VZW customer? if any length of time you would not say that. they have the absolute worst record of releases and the absolute worst leadership in relationship to release schedule and phone selection. It wouldnt surprise me one bit to have the S2 released with 3G and then a 4G version. Just keep in mind that it will be 6-12 months after for the 4G!! That is how they roll.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
how long have you been a VZW customer? if any length of time you would not say that. they have the absolute worst record of releases and the absolute worst leadership in relationship to release schedule and phone selection. It wouldnt surprise me one bit to have the S2 released with 3G and then a 4G version. Just keep in mind that it will be 6-12 months after for the 4G!! That is how they roll.

Agree i mean look at the droid 2 then droid 2 global a few months after. Verizon is always last to the show with phones. They seem to only care about the iphone anymore. Their lineup was always weak but now it is laughable at best.

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I never really understood this so maybe someone can educate me. Why is the stratosphere and/or the SGSII VZW version a secret? We are far enough along in the production of these phones that I can't see any potential negative consequences for officially announcing the phone. It seems to me that the longer they wait the more people get fed up with them and the more people switch carriers or just put off using their upgrade. I understand keeping phones and new technology secret during the early stages of development etc., but we are now less then a month away. If they were to announce the specs and release date of the phone I think that it would do them a world of good. People would be very happy to finally know the details and it would build a lot of hype for their device, while removing all of the anger. It just seems to me like it is a very poor business practice to keep your customers in the dark unnecessarily.

I dunno maybe I am just missing something here, but after a certain point the rumor mill stops building hype for a phone and broods resentment. I am starting to transition into that mode and I feel like I am being tormented for no reason at all.

*graphic representation of rumor mill stages because I have nothing better to do :p*

:eek: -> :D -> :) -> :-\ -> :confused: -> :( -> :'( -> :mad: -> :mad: -> :eek: -> :D -> :mad: -> :-$

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yup, if the prime drops in October, I will definitely not be getting the galaxy3, ahem, I mean 2. Carrier shopping in October if the prime isn't a vzw thing? Yes, most likely switching carriers for a phone. Oh, what sacreligious actions on my part...*sigh*

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I never really understood this so maybe someone can educate me. Why is the stratosphere and/or the SGSII VZW version a secret? We are far enough along in the production of these phones that I can't see any potential negative consequences for officially announcing the phone. It seems to me that the longer they wait the more people get fed up with them and the more people switch carriers or just put off using their upgrade. I understand keeping phones and new technology secret during the early stages of development etc., but we are now less then a month away. If they were to announce the specs and release date of the phone I think that it would do them a world of good. People would be very happy to finally know the details and it would build a lot of hype for their device, while removing all of the anger. It just seems to me like it is a very poor business practice to keep your customers in the dark unnecessarily.

I dunno maybe I am just missing something here, but after a certain point the rumor mill stops building hype for a phone and broods resentment. I am starting to transition into that mode and I feel like I am being tormented for no reason at all.

*graphic representation of rumor mill stages because I have nothing better to do :p*

:eek: -> :D -> :) -> :-\ -> :confused: -> :( -> :'( -> :mad: -> :mad: -> :eek: -> :D -> :mad: -> :-$

This really stumps me as well. There is absolutely no flow of information coming from anywhere. Even reliable sources are left in the dark on this whole thing and the ones that know will NOT say anything. Why this is so hush hush is a big mystery. Everyone is discussing whether it's 3G or LTE or what date it will release but I'm more perplexed as to why this whole thing is cloaked in secrecy.

Something is obviously going on and it could be anything from it being canceled to being kept from the public (for whatever reason) and everything in between. Even guessing is futile and meaningless because it's probably wrong anyway. I won't even begin to speculate accept to say. What the heck?!!!

This is not normal. Something is going on and hopefully sombody breaks the silence with some bit of info. I find myself feeling disturbed at being left in the dark :)

Off topic but did you all hear that Anonymous is going to kill Facebook on November 5th? Get your Google + accounts set up because they are talking like it will never come back. These fellas mean business :)

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
This really stumps me as well. There is absolutely no flow of information coming from anywhere. Even reliable sources are left in the dark on this whole thing and the ones that know will NOT say anything. Why this is so hush hush is a big mystery. Everyone is discussing whether it's 3G or LTE or what date it will release but I'm more perplexed as to why this whole thing is cloaked in secrecy.

Something is obviously going on and it could be anything from it being canceled to being kept from the public (for whatever reason) and everything in between. Even guessing is futile and meaningless because it's probably wrong anyway. I won't even begin to speculate accept to say. What the heck?!!!

This is not normal. Something is going on and hopefully sombody breaks the silence with some bit of info. I find myself feeling disturbed at being left in the dark :)

Off topic but did you all hear that Anonymous is going to kill Facebook on November 5th? Get your Google + accounts set up because they are talking like it will never come back. These fellas mean business :)

Yeah it is very strange and can basically only mean one of two things I think. Either the phone is so incredible that they want to keep it secret because they don't want to reveal their cards too early, or the phone is getting canceled and they are going to try to announce it when something huge like the Bionic releases and hope nobody notices. I feel like if it was anything in the mid ground they wouldn't be acting so weird and secretive. Realistically though I know nothing and I am just making things up at this point.

Thank god. I have been waiting for FB to fall for a long time. I guess I don't really hate the idea of FB, but I do hate how they take all of your information and there is nothing you can do about it :-\

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Lol don't feel bad mastergiraffe we are all making things up as we go along hahahahaha. We are going to start hallucinating if nothing comes in.

I will tell you one thing though. Thank God people haven't started telling stories of walking into stores and cs reps giving hand signals and clues about it coming. Nothing worse than that. Well maybe the story of their brothers co-workers brother best friends cousins uncles step son who works as a manager at corporate and revealed a September release. Those get draining.

Sent from my Droid

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Lol don't feel bad mastergiraffe we are all making things up as we go along hahahahaha. We are going to start hallucinating if nothing comes in.

I will tell you one thing though. Thank God people haven't started telling stories of walking into stores and cs reps giving hand signals and clues about it coming. Nothing worse than that. Well maybe the story of their brothers co-workers brother best friends cousins uncles step son who works as a manager at corporate and revealed a September release. Those get draining.

Sent from my Droid

Yeah nobody likes the n00bs c/s reps "insider" information stories. It gets old trying to explain to people c/s and sales don't know ****.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie