Rumor: Samsung Galaxy S II LTE (Celox) to Have Super AMOLED HD Display
    What's the possibility of this super amoled hd screen coming to vzw? Can this be why it's taking so long? If it had this screen, but was only 3g, would you pick it over the bionic or iphone? Thoughts? One can dream...
    08-09-2011 05:36 PM
    I highly doubt it will.
    08-09-2011 05:41 PM
    I think even if this phone is 3G it's still the obvious choice over the Bionic or the [current] iPhone, especially if the screen is important to you.
    08-09-2011 06:17 PM
    Lets hope they just get the phone first then we can worry about the screen lol.
    08-09-2011 06:17 PM
    maybe itll be like the original galaxy s update where vzw got a double screen continuum.
    08-09-2011 06:27 PM
    Yeah, all of these rumors are making me feel worse about the VZW version. It's more then likely we are looking at the next generation of the SGSII before we have even gotten the first one. It will just make me feel worse when I buy VZW version. If the VZW version doesn't have LTE etc., then I am either going to have to settle or go buy the Bionic. It's just going to be a bit depressing to know that this is out there and I will have to buy a version that is inferior. Sadly I don't think that my phone will last long enough for this technology to hit our shores.
    08-09-2011 06:28 PM
    Yeah, all of these rumors are making me feel worse about the VZW version. It's more then likely we are looking at the next generation of the SGSII before we have even gotten the first one. It will just make me feel worse when I buy VZW version. If the VZW version doesn't have LTE etc., then I am either going to have to settle or go buy the Bionic. It's just going to be a bit depressing to know that this is out there and I will have to buy a version that is inferior. Sadly I don't think that my phone will last long enough for this technology to hit our shores.
    I feel your pain man. The more info that leaks out the worse I feel about it because none of it is Verizon related. I get the feeling Verizon decided on a 3G device and that the reason nothing has leaked is because their tail is between their legs right now since their version will be inferior to every other version. Wouldn't surprise me if the decision has already been made to not release a version or do a silent release as a lower tier device. If that is the case it would be the biggest blunder by Verizon this year as everyone is expecting an LTE GS2. I'm going to make my prediction and say no HD screen, no LTE and maybe no Exynos, probably tegra 2. Also loaded down with unremoveable bloat. If it releases on Verizon at all. Sad puppy face as I move to another carrier, suffering inferior coverage just to get a superior phone.
    08-09-2011 06:46 PM
    I'm leaning more towards Preach's source being true after reading all of this. I think the SGSII will launch in September with 3G, and we will also probably get this device in Q4 or Q1 next year with LTE. Although, I wouldn't be disappointed if we got both with 4G.
    08-09-2011 07:10 PM
    I feel your pain man. The more info that leaks out the worse I feel about it because none of it is Verizon related. I get the feeling Verizon decided on a 3G device and that the reason nothing has leaked is because their tail is between their legs right now since their version will be inferior to every other version. Wouldn't surprise me if the decision has already been made to not release a version or do a silent release as a lower tier device. If that is the case it would be the biggest blunder by Verizon this year as everyone is expecting an LTE GS2. I'm going to make my prediction and say no HD screen, no LTE and maybe no Exynos, probably tegra 2. Also loaded down with unremoveable bloat. If it releases on Verizon at all. Sad puppy face as I move to another carrier, suffering inferior coverage just to get a superior phone.
    What if they made it 3g but kept it the same as the international version with the exynos and that? Would you buy it then even being 3g?
    08-09-2011 07:36 PM
    If this is an updated gs2 version with an HD screen and dual 1.5ghz, can you imagine the gs3?!?!!?
    08-10-2011 12:08 AM
    If this is an updated gs2 version with an HD screen and dual 1.5ghz, can you imagine the gs3?!?!!?
    This is why I have jumped on the Samsung wagon. They keep outdoing themselves. Their mid-tier phones are becoming better than the competions top-tier
    08-10-2011 12:17 AM
    we shall see in a few months (if they unveil it at ces again), which seems like an eternity in the smartphone world. i'm salivating....
    08-10-2011 12:26 AM
    What if they made it 3g but kept it the same as the international version with the exynos and that? Would you buy it then even being 3g?
    Previously I'd have said yes but my 3g speeds have been getting worse and it is borderline unuseable anymore, averaging 300-500kbs down sometimes much lower. I can't even watch low quality YouTube without endless buffering. I'm not the only one in this area with the same issue. Started going downhill since iPhone came about and it sucks.
    08-10-2011 01:21 AM
    I really feel like this new version being shown is the Prime. Specs seem to match up with what was first rumored.
    08-10-2011 04:46 AM
    I really feel like this new version being shown is the Prime. Specs seem to match up with what was first rumored.
    No OMAP processor. Rumors suggest Google is going to go to TI for their processors. I doubt this is the Prime.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    08-10-2011 10:59 AM
    No OMAP processor. Rumors suggest Google is going to go to TI for their processors. I doubt this is the Prime.

Different processor, but then most of the other specs match? Not saying you aren't right, but it doesn't make much sense. If this is a suped up S2 which will come out under that brand, then we are looking at basically a Prime with TW slapped on it. Just seems like the phones are way too similar.
    08-10-2011 11:12 AM
    Different processor, but then most of the other specs match? Not saying you aren't right, but it doesn't make much sense. If this is a suped up S2 which will come out under that brand, then we are looking at basically a Prime with TW slapped on it. Just seems like the phones are way too similar.
    True, but by that logic ever single core phone with 480p display is a rebranded Nexus S. You're over generalizing the phone.

08-10-2011 03:18 PM
    True, but by that logic ever single core phone with 480p display is a rebranded Nexus S. You're over generalizing the phone.

True as well. But those phones are not all made by the same company. Both this "S2" and the Prime are made by Samsung. However, I guess it makes sense if I think beyond Verizon and maybe one phone goes to one carrier and the other to another carrier.
    08-10-2011 04:18 PM
    Unless some other phone comes out with far better specs and reported performance...If the S2 comes to Verizon in the fall and it is 3g I am buying it. I live in a 4g area but I don't really care about it, as long as I can use WiFi which I use exclusively.
    Ferris. likes this.
    08-10-2011 05:03 PM
    True as well. But those phones are not all made by the same company. Both this "S2" and the Prime are made by Samsung. However, I guess it makes sense if I think beyond Verizon and maybe one phone goes to one carrier and the other to another carrier.
    When did we find out that Sammy was making the Prime?

08-10-2011 07:57 PM
    When did we find out that Sammy was making the Prime?

Phil confirmed it.

Sent from my Droid
    08-10-2011 08:44 PM
    Phil confirmed it.

Sent from my Droid
    Oh, you mean in the thread he started in the "rumors" section? If so, I would count that as confirmed just yet. Always be skeptical.

08-11-2011 03:48 PM
    Oh, you mean in the thread he started in the "rumors" section? If so, I would count that as confirmed just yet. Always be skeptical.

There is a lot of info that backs his info up. What I'm more concerned with is if in fact it's coming to Verizon. Thats a BIG ? for me
    08-11-2011 04:04 PM
    It could also be that Samsung is having trouble supplying enough Exynos chips so they're looking at similar clock speeds of various chips until they can meet demand on their own. Just a thought.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    08-13-2011 02:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD