Spint's version actually has "4G" in the name...

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, there's really no correlation that one can conclude. The 4G on Sprint (as well as AT&T and T-mobile) is vastly different from the 4G/LTE on Verizon. LTE is a totally different and newer technology. So, one carrier getting a 4G variant has no relation to whether Verizon is getting an LTE variant.

Reactions: AllenRulz

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, there's really no correlation that one can conclude. The 4G on Sprint (as well as AT&T and T-mobile) is vastly different from the 4G/LTE on Verizon. LTE is a totally different and newer technology. So, one carrier getting a 4G variant has no relation to whether Verizon is getting an LTE variant.

Thanks for the info. My choice has been the Bionic because it has 4G. I want to make sure my next phone for 2 years is current you know? The GalaxySII looks like an AMAZING phone but if it's only 3G does that mean it's just going to be in the background of other phones like for updates ect.???

eksplosions

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
While it's entirely different, a lot of people have speculated it'll have LTE based on the fact that Sprint's 4G and VZW's LTE chips are of comparable size. But no, that alone doesn't mean it'll have LTE.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. My choice has been the Bionic because it has 4G. I want to make sure my next phone for 2 years is current you know? The GalaxySII looks like an AMAZING phone but if it's only 3G does that mean it's just going to be in the background of other phones like for updates ect.???

I don't think that whether it's 3G or LTE will have any bearing on how quickly the updates roll out. Samsung was incredibly slow with updates on the first gen. Galaxy S phones, although many have stated that was partially due to the variants and carriers. I'd like to think though that the GSII will be much better in this respect, although history is not in it's favor. That said, the Galaxy S phones were very much open, and many users flashed ROM updates long before any official updates were released from their carrier. All signs point to the GSII being open as well.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that whether it's 3G or LTE will have any bearing on how quickly the updates roll out. Samsung was incredibly slow with updates on the first gen. Galaxy S phones, although many have stated that was partially due to the variants and carriers. I'd like to think though that the GSII will be much better in this respect, although history is not in it's favor. That said, the Galaxy S phones were very much open, and many users flashed ROM updates long before any official updates were released from their carrier. All signs point to the GSII being open as well.

Yeah I always heard Samsung are always slow with updates (which sucks) I don't root or ROM or whatever that stuff is called lol. Might just end up with the Bionic..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital