08-11-2011 04:00 PM
31 12
    "Samsung is responding with the second generation S II, unofficially named “Stratosphere,”" - quoted from article

"Yes, it is the Samsung Stratosphere, revealed as the second generation S II, with its 4G capabilities and Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system." - quoted from same article

Those are very sure statements, and exactly what I'd like confirmation on.
    08-11-2011 03:35 PM
    Darcy Co-Founder and Editor sent this email to me:

Unfortunately I cannot expand further. Let's just say the Stratosphere is indeed a variant of the GS II.

Have to keep some things under wraps, even in this day and age.

September and October are going to be crazy months.

Best of luck,

08-11-2011 03:39 PM
    Keep in mind this still means nothing at this time. It's now just rumor that it is a GS2 variant.
    08-11-2011 03:40 PM
    This conflicts directly with Droid-life claiming the Stratosphere is more than likely a mid-level slider.
    Welcome to the tech worlds version of rumor. It will be something else tommorow, followed by another rumor that it's the GS2 variant, followed by another rumor that it's a mid-tier device only to be corrected an hour later with it being cancelled only to be corrected the next day that it is in fact still coming and it is in FACT the slider but 3 hours later BGR reports it is in fact a GS2 variant but is not coming until October...

It's all the same merry go round of this that and everything else.. bionic was coming out with 4.5" screens and on this date and then that date and then this screen and that screen and this was confirmed and that was confirmed. It's all nonsense. Until something official drops the merry go round will continue.

We have 2 rumors and nothing else.
    hvalergir and kruizin like this.
    08-11-2011 03:49 PM
    i feel dizzy.
    08-11-2011 03:53 PM
    i feel dizzy.
    Yeah well hang on because it's not over yet. The Merry Go round has just begun
    08-11-2011 04:00 PM
31 12