08-11-2011 04:00 PM
31 12
tools
    I Recently came across the following article:

http://www.androidauthority.com/droi...eatures-21050/

Is there something big we missed or is this article condensing rumor and writing it as fact?

I would love to believe the article is 100% true, regarding a souped up GS2 with LTE coming to verizon as the stratosphere, but i'm really pretty sure we would have heard about it before now. And as far as these released docs go, he makes them sound as if there are some that more or less confirm that A) Stratosphere is a GS2 variant, B) with 4G, and i am unaware of any docs that can come close to doing that.

Please please please someone prove me wrong!

EDIT: I guess we do "know" the stratosphere is 4g, but the rest is some impressive, wishful connect the dots.
    08-11-2011 11:37 AM
    It all seems like conjecture to me. Could be true, but they don't show any facts to back it up.
    08-11-2011 12:01 PM
    This just landed, too, but i still cannot attest to its validity

:720p Ice Cream Sandwich phone and others outed in Samsung roadmap leak | Android and Me

That would seem to possibly line up with the other post, the GT-I9210 - sounds suspiciously close to what we imagine the Stratosphere to be.
    08-11-2011 12:20 PM
    I don't think the writer has any idea of what he is talking about.. starting by the fact that is using old bionic pictures..
    08-11-2011 12:22 PM
    Nobody can dispute this article as correct or incorrect. Just as easy as it could be incorrect it can be correct. I've been saying this for some time. The Stratosphere could be anything. I put my money on it being the GS2 and if I'm wrong I would go with this article of it being a beefed up version. I mentioned in another thread it could be our version of the Korean LTE handset.

Don't be surprised to see an awesome phone known as the Stratosphere being announced.

Sent from my Droid
    08-11-2011 12:42 PM
    08-11-2011 12:49 PM
    Nobody can dispute this article as correct or incorrect. Just as easy as it could be incorrect it can be correct. I've been saying this for some time. The Stratosphere could be anything. I put my money on it being the GS2 and if I'm wrong I would go with this article of it being a beefed up version. I mentioned in another thread it could be our version of the Korean LTE handset.

Don't be surprised to see an awesome phone known as the Stratosphere being announced.

Sent from my Droid
    Right now, I'd be surprised (and excited) if anything is announced.
    08-11-2011 12:50 PM
    Agree then we can stop with the speculation and guessing games

Sent from my Droid
    08-11-2011 01:05 PM
    This just landed, too, but i still cannot attest to its validity

:720p Ice Cream Sandwich phone and others outed in Samsung roadmap leak | Android and Me

That would seem to possibly line up with the other post, the GT-I9210 - sounds suspiciously close to what we imagine the Stratosphere to be.
    Not on Verizon. Verizon's Samsung phones start with SCH not GT.
    08-11-2011 01:11 PM
    Agree then we can stop with the speculation and guessing games

Sent from my Droid
    but thats the only fun part of waiting!
    08-11-2011 01:12 PM
    Not on Verizon. Verizon's Samsung phones start with SCH not GT.
    good point.
    08-11-2011 01:13 PM
    I would have a hearty laugh it it ends up some low-mid tier device LOL. All this secrecy for THAT. It will get ugly and Verizon will be berated like nobody's business. I don't even want to see what will happen.

Sent from my Droid
    08-11-2011 01:17 PM
    I would have a hearty laugh it it ends up some low-mid tier device LOL. All this secrecy for THAT. It will get ugly and Verizon will be berated like nobody's business. I don't even want to see what will happen.

Sent from my Droid
    I can see it now. Half a dozen geeks that spend way too much time reading tech sites are going to storm the Verizon CEO's mansion with full LARPing gear, and home made catapults.

For the record, I'm one of the 6
    DolfanCole, hvalergir and Friend-O like this.
    08-11-2011 01:20 PM
    ...you're one of the 6 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

In other news it appears the Prime is dubbed the GT-I9220 (W43) for now, it will have Android 2.3.3 and feature the world’s first Super AMOLED Plus HD display at 4.3 inches, with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. Under the hood, it will feature an incredibly powerful 1.4 Ghz dual core processor, and an 8-megapixel camera.

08-11-2011 01:28 PM
    Back on topic. The author makes quite a statement in saying "the Samsung Stratosphere, revealed as the second generation S II,"

Revealed where? How do they make these statements without any verification? (rhetorical question) It's irresponsible. Back these statements up I say.
    08-11-2011 01:42 PM
    Back on topic. The author makes quite a statement in saying "the Samsung Stratosphere, revealed as the second generation S II,"

Revealed where? How do they make these statements without any verification? (rhetorical question) It's irresponsible. Back these statements up I say.
    It was revealed to him in the char marks on his english muffin this morning. The other half was the Virgin Mary's face.
    hvalergir and epdean like this.
    08-11-2011 02:08 PM
    You two make me laugh
    08-11-2011 02:10 PM
    We'll be here all night. Be sure to tip your waitress.

I'm going a little stir crazy with the lack of news lately.
    08-11-2011 02:13 PM
    I sent them a message. Lets see if they respond
    08-11-2011 02:17 PM
    I sent them a message. Lets see if they respond
    You're much better than I am at channeling your crazy into something productive.
    08-11-2011 02:25 PM

Yeah, when I read that, it put the entire article in perspective -- just more speculation on top of speculation.
    08-11-2011 02:26 PM
    You're much better than I am at channeling your crazy into something productive.
    unfortunately when they amended it they didn't address the very thing I was getting at. I specifically asked them to change the info about the Stratosphere being a GS2 variant if it was incorrect. I told them I didn't want to know their sources but only to correct their statement about the Stratosphere being the a GS2 variant if in fact it was not revealed to them.

They did neither. Only corrected the source lol.

I will again ask for clarification because they didn't address my original question. They write:

Hi there,

Yes it appears that the reference link was removed by the writer. Sorry about that. Article has been amended.

Leaked Verizon Document Reveals New Galaxy Tab, 4G Curve, and More - Gear News at IGN

Clearly the Stratosphere and the GS II are separate phones. Hope that helps.

Best,

Darcy Alexander

Co-founder & Editor

Android Authority
    08-11-2011 02:38 PM
    Yeah, when I read that, it put the entire article in perspective -- just more speculation on top of speculation.
    unless they recieved info from a source. Then it becomes rumor LOL..(JEESH!! it never ends)

I'm trying to get an answer from them.

I'd love some facts though. That would be REALLLLLLLLLLLL nice
    08-11-2011 02:47 PM
    Well gents.....supposedly it IS in fact a GS2 variant. She obviously will not elaborate any further but she is VERY aware of spreading bad/false information and is leaving the article up.

So we now move into rumor mode of the Stratosphere being a GS2 variant. Think it warrants it's own thread?
    08-11-2011 03:22 PM
    Well gents.....supposedly it IS in fact a GS2 variant. She obviously will not elaborate any further but she is VERY aware of spreading bad/false information and is leaving the article up.

So we now move into rumor mode of the Stratosphere being a GS2 variant. Think it warrants it's own thread?
    This conflicts directly with Droid-life claiming the Stratosphere is more than likely a mid-level slider.

"We were also told that Stratosphere is more than likely not the SGS2 and will instead be that slider that we saw a month or so ago that mimicked the Epic 4G. It’s definitely looking like it’ll be launched on the same day as the Bionic though – September 8."
    - Droid-Life http://www.droid-life.com/2011/08/11...the-galaxy-s2/

What did she say/post to make you suddenly switch gears like this? Her certainty?
    08-11-2011 03:32 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD