Droid Life; Stratosphere not GSII

DashShiron

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to have to go with Droid-Life one this one, Kellex always seems to have good sources while the Android Authority article looks more like conjecture than any kind of confirmation of the Stratosphere's identity.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to have to go with Droid-Life one this one, Kellex always seems to have good sources while the Android Authority article looks more like conjecture than any kind of confirmation of the Stratosphere's identity.

Not conjecture.......from a source.

Keep in mind it's all still meaningless.

DashShiron

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
It would have helped if they mentioned anything about a source in the article, it reads like an assumption simply based on the leaked roadmap. Regardless, we still don't know what the Verizon GSII will be named or when it will be out =\

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Exactly thats why I contacted the editor. I wrote to them stating the article was incorrect and needed to be amended because there has been no reveal anywhere arcross the net that it was in fact a GS2 variant.

In part she wrote:
Code:
Unfortunately I cannot expand further. Let's just say the Stratosphere is indeed a variant of the GS II

So there we have it. Two conflicting rumors and no real info :)

The title should have a ? in it. It's misleading.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Im starting to think the galaxy s2 wont be coming to verizon.

I think it will and I think it will be an improved version, which is why there is so much secrecy. Samsung wants to go head to head with Apple probably and trying to play the same stealth game as them. Lots of info leaking about different versions, I think it is only a matter of time before we learn what VZW is getting.

Reactions: Castor Troy

rupst2

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Samsung mobile USA is teasing SGS2 release info "soon" so we should know more within 2 weeks. However no verizon sgs2 has passed the fcc so I'd expect the Celox as their version around iphone release. Which may be an ICS phone.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Im starting to think the galaxy s2 wont be coming to verizon.
Yeah, I'm getting a real sinking feeling this is true.

Do you think they're saying, "Well, we have the Charge now and we are getting the Nexus Prime in October, we don't need anymore Samsungs right now"?

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I've been saying that the stratosphere was the epic slider the whole time and I just had a feelin they wouldn't name it that "samsung stratosphere galaxy s2" wow that's a mouth full I don't think so.

eksplosions

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
There are reports now of Apple's announcement coming on the 7th. Honestly, if it's packing a bigger screen and the SGS2 doesn't have LTE, I'm getting it. I was really between the two, but this wait is getting excessive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781