I am wondering weather i should stick with my nexus s 4g phone or get the nexus prime later in the year? I basically got the NS4g but can return it within 30 days. I am looking for opinions regarding which phone i should get. I have heard that ICS might not be compatible with older hardware but it would not be a very googly thing for google to do that, but it could make sense since it is a HUGE software update and kind of changes the way the OS works and handles tasks etc. I really like the NS4g and im not looking to update to the latest and greatest every year, but i do want a good phone to last me 2 years. I basically only want to go with the nexus line going forward but the prime is too much of a mystery right now, and im not sure if it will come out in october, november, or later??? I am also on Sprint so who knows when they will get it. If i do decide to wait it will be with my old palm pre minus .

Basically im looking for suggestions on what you all think i should do. If i can half *** guarantee that the NS4g will run ICS fine, then i can deal with staying with it, but then again im not sure if a single core phone will be up to par for the next 2 years of my contract.

Thanks!

08-11-2011 04:34 PM
    You have 30 days to test it out so use up as much of it as you can. from what i have read ICS is suppose to be to OS that combines Phones and tablets into 1 so if you have the NS their should be no reason why it wouldn't run it. Google from things that I read doesn't put limitations on the OS and what phone it runs on. But the Manufacturers & carriers might because they would rather you buy a new phone then update an old one. Wait the 30 days , check into Android Central Daily and see what news comes out B4 your 30 days are up. At that time then you need to make your choice. Enjoy your new phone. its not a bad choice to be stuck with and hopefully your on a plan with Sprint that by this time next year you will be able to upgrade.

http://www.androidcentral.com/first-...unning-nexus-s
    If you haven't seen this yet.this answers the Question of the NS running ICS.
    08-11-2011 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD