08-18-2011 05:50 PM
174 ... 34567
tools
    I think originally they had the bionic slated for april/may release and sgs2 for sept. then when the bionic got sent back and delayed they figured they needed to get both phones out and not put one on hold because one manufacturer got delayed. I could see verizon launching both at the same time then that would help with the people who go get a phone just to return it 13 days later to get something else they originally wanted in the first place. Saves verizon money in the long run with less returns.
    08-16-2011 02:30 PM
    Best Buy giving away free fascinates for their promo tomorrow.........gotta clear out those old Galaxy S's to make way for the new one
    08-16-2011 03:02 PM
    Best Buy giving away free fascinates for their promo tomorrow.........gotta clear out those old Galaxy S's to make way for the new one
    they had the same promo about 2 months ago. sorry to kill the excitement
    08-16-2011 03:10 PM
    iPhone LTE rumors may become a reality? This is shaping up to be some fierce competition if true. I don't think ATT will spring it until 2012 but one never knows.

AT&T reportedly caught installing 4G LTE equipment at Apple store | PhoneDog
    08-16-2011 03:27 PM
    iPhone LTE rumors may become a reality? This is shaping up to be some fierce competition if true. I don't think ATT will spring it until 2012 but one never knows.

If iPhone comes out with LTE I'm sorry to say it will dominate sales and will truely put a real hurt on Android growth. With all the features iOS 5 brings too they might even get me turning my head to take a look at it.
    08-16-2011 03:33 PM
    All the features? I can attest with all the new stuff iOS 5 has to offer, it is still very much an iPhone with all the awful trappings Apple is known for.

Apple has no interest in LTE until it is well refined. AT&T will also not have a commercially viable LTE network ready for at least a year from now when the actual iPhone 5 debuts.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE
    08-16-2011 03:48 PM

I would be shocked if the iPhone came out with 4G LTE. I honestly might consider purchasing it even though I would hate to be tied down in the universe where Apple is God. If they do have 4G LTE in their iPhone 4S/5 I would think that would mean they are using a new version of the chip? Apple is not known to sacrifice battery life and size for performance so if they really did pack in an LTE chip I would have to guess that it was one of the newer chips that we have heard of that uses a lot less juice and are much smaller. We have also seen leaked pictures of the iPhone and it looks very slim.

Also, if Apple actually becomes an early adopter of technology that would spell doom for the Android community in my mind. Apple already has an incredible fan base and outsells every phone in the world by a long shot. They manage all of that while waiting for the newest technology to mature and therefor always being slightly behind the trend. If they started to put true cutting edge technology in their phones I would have to think that it would be a very devastating blow to Android as a whole. Hopefully though the extent that the Apple products are locked down will always deter people from purchasing them.

On a related note, what happened to the terms of the 4G purchase by Verizon? As part of the purchase Verizon was forced to sign a legal agreement saying that any phones that used the 4G network had to be completely open and allow users to use whatever apps they wanted.

The Commissions open access rule is clear that C Block licensees shall not deny, limit,
    or restrict the ability of their customers to use the devices and applications of their choice.
    The rule also is explicit that C Block licensees may not disable features on handsets it provides
    to customers.
    I know that Verizon has been sued over banning tethering because they are forbidding the use of specific apps, which is against the terms of their agreement. Also, doesn't that agreement mean that the iPhone is not allowed to use the 4G network? They only allow you to purchase apps on the regulated Apple App store so that is against the agreement Verizon signed.
    08-16-2011 04:15 PM
    If iPhone comes out with LTE I'm sorry to say it will dominate sales and will truely put a real hurt on Android growth. With all the features iOS 5 brings too they might even get me turning my head to take a look at it.
    Yeah well a lot of people share your very same feelings. I can't say I blame you. The biggest turn off for me is the constant influx of new product. Buy now and a few months down the road your out spec'd and lusting for the new toy in town. That gets to be a pain in the arse to be perfectly honest but it is what it is....

08-16-2011 05:19 PM
    My questions are 1. How often are the release rumors true? Not often
    2. Does companies make tons of phones prior to passing all testing required? I don't think so.

I want this to be a kick *** phone as much as yall but think realistically. I pray I'm wrong
    08-16-2011 06:09 PM
    Most likely it is for their ipad 3 since they delayed the launch. I can't see them fitting lte into the i5 which is supposed to be thinner than the i4. But if by some strange means apple gets lte in it that will be a huge blow to android sales and may even sway me to try it as much as it hates me to say it after using an i4 for a few weeks. I just hate how as soon as a phone comes out another is right on its heels and it ultimately slows down updates and support. I think if android slowed down a little and focused more on support for their devices this would lure many away from other OS's. The fact that it takes months if not longer to get updates makes some want to go to IOS where you get the update as soon as its available for everyone(maybe a week or so longer for verizon version sometimes lol)
    08-16-2011 06:15 PM
    My questions are 1. How often are the release rumors true? Not often
    2. Does companies make tons of phones prior to passing all testing required? I don't think so.

I want this to be a kick *** phone as much as yall but think realistically. I pray I'm wrong
    1. This is a press release of an official event. The Samsung S hit a week after the launch event on the one carrier who was ready. This time they have said thay want all ready at once.

2. This is a strange question. The last FCC test was AT&T who passed a couple weeks ago. Samsung had sold over 5 million Samsung Galaxy S II's as of the first of July.

So yes, Samsung had made millions of Galaxy S II's before they passed the FCC.

Your prayers were answered.
    08-16-2011 08:57 PM
    1. This is a press release of an official event. The Samsung S hit a week after the launch event on the one carrier who was ready. This time they have said thay want all ready at once.

2. This is a strange question. The last FCC test was AT&T who passed a couple weeks ago. Samsung had sold over 5 million Samsung Galaxy S II's as of the first of July.

So yes, Samsung had made millions of Galaxy S II's before they passed the FCC.

Your prayers were answered.
    Yes but the million they made weren't the LTE cdma Verizon version, hence had different hardware.

I didn't know they want all carrier models ready at once, where did you get that? If it is a reliable source, then maybe they are planning on announcing the LTE but don't want to show theyre hand to quickly to apple.
    08-16-2011 09:24 PM
    I'm sure someone said this already BUT! Verizonwireless sgsII will have NO release date. Coming Soon. Thats all we will get on Aug 29th. Plus the Bionic will slow down the release.
    08-16-2011 10:22 PM
    Those already sold s2 devices were sold OUTSIDE of the US. Hence why you haven't seen a fcc test is because the fcc doesn't care what's outside the US/. You have seen the other carriers pass through but I have yet to see one for vz. Btw I'm not saying It wont come out but I haven't seen any signs for vzw to be seeing it as soon as some of you are speculating. The signs just aren't there yet with the normal wickets that need to be passed before release.
    08-16-2011 10:26 PM
    I'm sure someone said this already BUT! Verizonwireless sgsII will have NO release date. Coming Soon. Thats all we will get on Aug 29th. Plus the Bionic will slow down the release.
    No idea why the fanboi's are upset at the possibility of another phone relessing when the Bionic is. Please explain something to me. What's the big deal if the GSII drops when the Bionic drops? What am I missing? When the announcement comes I have a feeling there will be some upset Bionic customers and I just don't understand why. Its not like the Bionic will be delayed if the announcement comes. So again, what's the big deal of it releasing beside the Bionic?

Such a silly thing and it makes no sense.

Sent from my Droid
    08-16-2011 10:40 PM
    No idea why the fanboi's are upset at the possibility of another phone relessing when the Bionic is. Please explain something to me. What's the big deal if the GSII drops when the Bionic drops? What am I missing? When the announcement comes I have a feeling there will be some upset Bionic customers and I just don't understand why. Its not like the Bionic will be delayed if the announcement comes. So again, what's the big deal of it releasing beside the Bionic?

Sent from my Droid
    I could care less if the bionic and gs2 came skipping into vzw togther holding hands but it just seems like a lot is missing for as soon a release for a vz gs2 as everyone is making it to be. I can't vouch though for the guy you quoted but I would just be happy to be rid of this bb storm regardless of what came out first or whatever
    08-16-2011 10:42 PM
    I could care less if the bionic and gs2 came skipping into vzw togther but it just seems like a lot is missing for as soon a release for a vz gs2 as everyone is making it to be.
    You haven't been following it. If you were you would see that there are more things that show the possibility of release than not. This is not to say it will in fact release because nobody knows BUTT if you put the info AND rumor thats out there together it shows a much stronger possibility of release than not.

Let me reiterate. The lack of info leaves the door wide open for anything at this point so we can't discount one side or the other. I certainly won't sit here and say "oh yeah it's coming. Count on it" or "No way will it come. Keep dreaming" ....thats craziness
    08-16-2011 10:47 PM
    You haven't been following it. If you were you would see that there are more things that show the possibility of release than not. This is not to say it will in fact release because nobody knows BUTT if you put the info AND rumor thats out there together it shows a much stronger possibility of release than not.
    Well either way good luck to you guys. I would have thought I would seen the forums explode if a vzw gs2 passed fcc and it would be front page news like some of the other contenders out there. Since I haven't and not seen anything in my google travels about it figured as such. I don't follow this of course with as fine a tooth comb for the same reason you don't the bionic anymore.
    08-16-2011 10:52 PM
    Btw bud in response to your edit. I specifically said in my post I wasn't counting it out just that the timeframe seems a little compressed for as quick a release as y'all are hoping for.
    08-16-2011 10:55 PM
    Let me reiterate. The lack of info leaves the door wide open for anything at this point so we can't discount one side or the other. I certainly won't sit here and say "oh yeah it's coming. Count on it" or "No way will it come. Keep dreaming" ....thats craziness[/QUOTE]

Ha well obviously that is the case since no info would leave the door open for anything. No need to "reiterate" and call anyone a fanboi because it is funny what you go to the bionic forums and say yet you call other people fanbois. Pot calling the kettle black eh?
    08-16-2011 10:55 PM
    Well either way good luck to you guys. I would have thought I would seen the forums explode if a vzw gs2 passed fcc and it would be front page news like some of the other contenders out there. Since I haven't and not seen anything in my google travels about it figured as such. I don't follow this of course with as fine a tooth comb for the same reason you don't the bionic anymore.
    FCC is a non-issue right now. Thats just a meme people like to throw around.
    08-16-2011 11:01 PM
    It's good news for Samsung
    08-16-2011 11:03 PM
    FCC is a non-issue right now. Thats just a meme people like to throw around.
    If you say so.
    08-16-2011 11:09 PM

Sent from my Droid
    It's all about money. Samsung will not allow Verizon to release a phone around the same time a flagship device has been released. When it comes to money there is nothing SILLY about it. Like the SGS 1 for example. Verizon got it dead last. It was released September. What phones were released before then? Droid X July, Droid 2 August. So what I'm saying is that Verizon wont release the SGSII for at least a month after the Bionic if not longer. By the way CK, Can you show me proof of a SGSII that has Verizon branding? FCC? Pictures? The LA Angels will be in the World Series before Verizon gets their version of the GSII and you will have another phone in mind. Just saying...

By the way. Im not a "fanboi" thx tho.
    08-16-2011 11:11 PM
    If you say so.
    If it's a week away from release and the FCC doesn't show up then we can revisit this conversation. It's a non-issue right now though.
    08-16-2011 11:12 PM
174 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD