08-18-2011 05:50 PM
174 ... 4567
tools
    It's all about money. Samsung will not allow Verizon to release a phone around the same time a flagship device has been released. When it comes to money there is nothing SILLY about it. Like the SGS 1 for example. Verizon got it dead last. It was released September. What phones were released before then? Droid X July, Droid 2 August. So what I'm saying is that Verizon wont release the SGSII for at least a month after the Bionic if not longer. By the way CK, Can you show me proof of a SGSII that has Verizon branding? FCC? Pictures? The LA Angels will be in the World Series before Verizon gets their version of the GSII and you will have another phone in mind. Just saying...

By the way. Im not a "fanboi" thx tho.
    Read the last 4 or so pages these things have been discussed already.

Samsung controls release dates? They dictate when Verizon or any other carrier will release their product? Interesting I didn't know this.
    08-16-2011 11:18 PM
    Read the last 4 or so pages these things have been discussed already.

Samsung controls release dates? They dictate when Verizon or any other carrier will release their product? Interesting I didn't know this.

So this stays on topic and doesnt get locked. IMO the SGSII will be release late Fall/Winter. Im not trying to hate and make people mad. But the last time Samsung had their event last year it took Verizon 3 months to release the Fascinate.
    08-16-2011 11:26 PM
    not to be a ****** but fall starts next month. that's like saying i predict the sun will rise tomorrow. unless you meant q4 which is a totally different animal.
    08-16-2011 11:38 PM
    not to be a ****** but fall starts next month. that's like saying i predict the sun will rise tomorrow. unless you meant q4 which is a totally different animal.
    I put "Late" Fall/Winter. But yes Q4
    08-16-2011 11:46 PM
    Wow.. people are getting very sensitive on this forum...

but anyways, the point is that nobody here has any idea about the SG2 so at this point everyone is just speculating whatever crap first comes to their mind, so need for hate....

I myself don't think the verizon SG2 will come out anytime before the end of September, but heck what do i know?

lets just have some fun guys..
    Vanilla Ice likes this.
    08-16-2011 11:50 PM
    In reading the latest news hype about the Celox being a dual core 1.5 GHz with a 4.5 Screen I am reminded of my earlier post about there being no 4G slider on Verizon. Well there is not a 4.5 incher with 4G either eh?

Am I not the only one enjoying the wait and see game now? I was all tore up on the Bionic delays but heck! They did me a favor maybe.
    I have an OG Droid with a Jan 1, 2012 2yr anniversary and already qualify for a discount. Being on the grandfathered unlimited data thing I'm feeling pretty calm right now.

My OG Droid did a reboot on its own today, its first one since last year. She is getting nervous.
    08-16-2011 11:50 PM
    I agree. Even with your release time frame. lol
    08-16-2011 11:51 PM
    I put "Late" Fall/Winter. But yes Q4
    that's cool. i actually meant to be a ******
    08-17-2011 01:08 AM
    Yeah, I am not sure when we'll see this but I am just SAYING the chances of them releasing this phone and the Bionic on this same day are very slim. Why would Verizon want anything to compete with their newest DROID branded phone? I just don't see it happening. Now, if Verizon releases the GSII as just a standard Android phone with no fanfare, then maybe it'll release the same day as Bionic. It would be a very understated release and only us people in this forum would know/care lol.
    08-17-2011 08:24 AM
    I have an OG Droid with a Jan 1, 2012 2yr anniversary and already qualify for a discount. Being on the grandfathered unlimited data thing I'm feeling pretty calm right now.

My OG Droid did a reboot on its own today, its first one since last year. She is getting nervous.
    My Droid is starting to really creep. It's slow and the battery life is starting to go. I'm not sure how much longer I can wait.
    08-17-2011 08:51 AM
    In reading the latest news hype about the Celox being a dual core 1.5 GHz with a 4.5 Screen I am reminded of my earlier post about there being no 4G slider on Verizon. Well there is not a 4.5 incher with 4G either eh?

Am I not the only one enjoying the wait and see game now? I was all tore up on the Bionic delays but heck! They did me a favor maybe.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly certain after July 7th changes, going from 3g to 4g changes your unlimited status to tiered. From what I've read at least, Google it there's a lot out there.

As for the 4.5 Gs2 that would be amazing even without the exynos proc. The infuse is so appealing to me because I use my phone for internet and forum reading like this. In my mind the more real estate the better ESPECIALLY if its super amoled+ !!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    08-17-2011 09:19 AM
    My Droid is starting to really creep. It's slow and the battery life is starting to go. I'm not sure how much longer I can wait.
    You aint kidding. 4-5 hours on a charge with light use anymore for me. I hve to charge my Droid 2-4 times a day. I don't think we have to wait much longer though.
    08-17-2011 09:20 AM
    Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly certain after July 7th changes, going from 3g to 4g changes your unlimited status to tiered. From what I've read at least, Google it there's a lot out there.
    This was originally a huge concern for me. I confirmed with 2 in store employees and a call to their support line that it *would* be able to go to 4g without removing the unlimited data. They also posted as much on their Twitter feed and it has been reported by some reputable websites (Verizon: unlimited 3G customers can upgrade to 4G, keep data pack and grab $30 tethering -- Engadget). Make sure you check the dates of the rumors about not allowing 3g->4g upgrades to keep unlimited data; there were a lot of them saying you couldn't, but nobody could really know for sure until after July 7. If somehow they do force people onto tiered data if they move to 4g, they are going to anger a *LOT* of people, myself included.
    08-17-2011 09:55 AM
    First JDM4292 - going from 3g to 4g doesn't remove your grandfathering. That's been reported for a while now. The freakout was from a while back. It's settled.

CK - can you give a quick rundown of what the rumors are that lead to the 09/08 release date speculation? I read the forums but I did not get the impression that there was a lot leaning towards an early September release (which I would welcome).

I know the leaked VZW launch timeline with Stratosphere, but there's more I'm guessing?
    08-17-2011 10:08 AM
    CK - can you give a quick rundown of what the rumors are that lead to the 09/08 release date speculation? I read the forums but I did not get the impression that there was a lot leaning towards an early September release (which I would welcome).

I know the leaked VZW launch timeline with Stratosphere, but there's more I'm guessing?
    Samsung said the GS2 was coming in August. The event is the 29th and the roadmap are pretty much all we've got.
    08-17-2011 10:40 AM
    Samsung said the GS2 was coming in August. The event is the 29th and the roadmap are pretty much all we've got.
    Unfortunately, that doesn't give us any specific info, and other SGSIIs are further along in the release process than ours. Things can always change, but like I have been saying, we have absolutely no info that it's the stratosphere and releasing on the 8th except CK's creditless site.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    08-17-2011 10:49 AM
    First JDM4292 - going from 3g to 4g doesn't remove your grandfathering. That's been reported for a while now. The freakout was from a while back. It's settled.

Although I'm not CK, I'll try.

1. Rumor that Verizon will be the first to get the GSII. Leaked document showing release of T-Mobile's variant shows an October release. Other leaks suggest Sprint is getting there's in September. If you believe that Verizon will be first, that'll mean September.

2. Leaked roadmap indicates a device called the Stratosphere by Samsung being released on 9/8. While there has been little to no information on the GSII for Verizon, the same could be said for whatever the "Stratosphere" is. As hard as it is to keep one phone under wraps, it's darn near impossible to keep two phones under wraps with little to no information. That might suggest that they are one in the same rather than two separate devices.

3. Further, the 9/8 release date falls in nicely with the Samsung event on 8/29. Last year, the first Galaxy S phone was released within 2 weeks of Samsung's Galaxy S event. It is assumed that the same would be true for the Galaxy S II line.

4. Android Authority put out an article about the release dates of the GSII and Bionic coinciding. CK challenged the author of the article via email stating that there's been no information that the GSII is in fact the Stratosphere, so it would be a leap to then conclude that the GSII and Bionic were getting released on the same day. CK received an email response indicating that they had information that the Stratosphere was in fact the GSII variant for Verizon.

http://www.androidauthority.com/droi...eatures-21050/

5. Samsung CEO stated that the GSII will be released in August in the US. Well, I think most people think that won't happen. But, an early September release would be "close enough".

There may be more that I'm not thinking of off the top of my head. But, the biggest thing is that there's not one single rumor, it's more a combination of many things that indicate an early September release of the GSII variant on Verizon.

The troublesome parts are the fact that has been little to no information on the GSII. But, that's pretty much true for any GSII release on any of the major US carriers. There have been FCC sightings for Sprint and AT&T of GSII variants for those carriers. However, there's still time for that to happen with a Verizon variant and be released on 9/8.
    nrk, MetalPhoenix79 and milkshed27 like this.
    08-17-2011 10:50 AM
    Did they specifically say for VZW that it was coming in August? or just to the US in general?
    08-17-2011 10:50 AM

August 29th Event announces handset
    Verizon will be first to get handset (rumor)
    Stratosphere is in FACT Galaxy SII variant (rumor/Android Authority)
    Stratopsphere is GSII (rumor/source)
    GSII is LTE (source)
    Leaked timeline w/ unknown Samsung handset (Stratosphere)

Sent from my Droid
    nrk and drbugsmn like this.
    08-17-2011 10:53 AM
    Did they specifically say for VZW that it was coming in August? or just to the US in general?
    The US. We've seen a leaked document that puts T-Mobile's in October. And there's rumor that Sprint will get there's in September. That leaves Verizon and AT&T. I don't think either will make it to August now, but early September wouldn't be bad.
    08-17-2011 10:54 AM
    August 29th Event announces handset
    Verizon will be first to get handset (rumor)
    Stratosphere is in FACT Galaxy SII variant (rumor/Android Authority)
    Stratopsphere is GSII (rumor/source)
    GSII is LTE (source)
    Leaked timeline w/ unknown Samsung handset (Stratosphere)

Sent from my Droid
    ok now I see where you are coming from.
    08-17-2011 11:06 AM
    The US. We've seen a leaked document that puts T-Mobile's in October. And there's rumor that Sprint will get there's in September. That leaves Verizon and AT&T. I don't think either will make it to August now, but early September wouldn't be bad.
    VZW out in the cold like usual.
    08-17-2011 11:07 AM
    Aug 29th cant come soon enough.....this article is claiming it is called "Pluto" for VZWhttp://popherald.com/technology/sams...s-online/10023
    08-17-2011 11:10 AM
    Aug 29th cant come soon enough.....this article is claiming it is called "Pluto" for VZWSamsung Celox (Galaxy S2 Plus) image surfaces online
    Counting the days ...

There is a "Plato" listed on the leaked roadmap, but with a release schedule of January. If the GSII doesn't come out until January, Verizon and Samsung will miss a great opportunity and it will not be my next phone.
    08-17-2011 11:18 AM
    Counting the days ...

There is a "Plato" listed on the leaked roadmap, but with a release schedule of January. If the GSII doesn't come out until January, Verizon and Samsung will miss a great opportunity and it will not be my next phone.
    Agreed. I will not wait any longer than an October release.
    08-17-2011 11:24 AM
174 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD