Samsung event in NY on 8/29 for SGS II

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
CK,

Like myself you have an OG Droid and are lying in wait.
I have not heard you mention lately what handset you are eyeballing or hoping to try first?
I know WebbTop has you backed off some on the bionic.

What are your thoughts these days?

I'm waiting on the Galaxy S II and the Nexus Prime. Problem is they are both vapor right now so I'm waiting in a vacuum. If the Samsung event reveals the Stratosphere as a GS2 variant that will be my next device for sure. If I wait for the Nexus and it doesn't hit Verizon that will put me into next year. Everything hinges on this event August 29th though its going to be the end of my waiting or my continued circling.

I have zero interest in the Bionic to be perfectly honest. Too many cons for me to even consider it as a purchase.

Screen, webtop, blur and locked. In that order.

So that's where I am, in a vacuum :)

August 29th will be a big day for me.

Sent from my Droid

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to mention I really dislike the idea of having to root and run launchers on my device to enjoy it. I want a handset that I can enjoy OTB without having the need to root it or run this launcher or that launcher. That's pointless to me.

Its like buying a brand new car and having to repaint it and buy new wheels to really like it and enjoy it. Find another car! :)

Sent from my Droid

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Forgot to mention I really dislike the idea of having to root and run launchers on my device to enjoy it. I want a handset that I can enjoy OTB without having the need to root it or run this launcher or that launcher. That's pointless to me.
Its like buying a brand new car and having to repaint it and buy new wheels to really like it and enjoy it. Find another car! :)
Sent from my Droid

I hear you. I am for sure not going to pounce right away. This wait has turned out to be kind of interesting. If the Bionic had released I may have been left out of the fun to come.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

Sent from my Droid

Same way I feel. I think the gs2 will be the first phone I don't have to mess with and tweak to make it an enjoyable experience. The sole reason for rooting would be an adblocker in this case and I think I'd rather stay on the official route with a warranty.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Same way I feel. I think the gs2 will be the first phone I don't have to mess with and tweak to make it an enjoyable experience. The sole reason for rooting would be an adblocker in this case and I think I'd rather stay on the official route with a warranty.

exactly. I will root to remove bloat maybe OC and maybe later on down the line flash ROMS but that isn't even on my list. I've flashed so many ROMS to last me a lifetime it will be nice to not feel the NEED to flash ROMS, kernels and themes.

I do love and prefer an open platform just not for the reasons most people do.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
If it comes with too much bloatware or has bing preinstalled or some other unforseen quirks, i'll have to root. otherwise, i don't think i wanna deal with rooting until software support slows to a crawl.

d-backs1#AC

Banned
Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting on the Galaxy S II and the Nexus Prime. Problem is they are both vapor right now so I'm waiting in a vacuum. If the Samsung event reveals the Stratosphere as a GS2 variant that will be my next device for sure. If I wait for the Nexus and it doesn't hit Verizon that will put me into next year. Everything hinges on this event August 29th though its going to be the end of my waiting or my continued circling.

I have zero interest in the Bionic to be perfectly honest. Too many cons for me to even consider it as a purchase.

Screen, webtop, blur and locked. In that order.

So that's where I am, in a vacuum :)

August 29th will be a big day for me.

Sent from my Droid

I'd wait for the vigor or revolution 2. Better phones that are slated for release about a month later. Not to mention there is no guarantee the sgs2 will have lte on verizon.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
If they announce that slider as a GSII variant for Verzon on the 29th, I just hope they also announce a thinner, untouched version. That would be nice.

And let's hope it hits on September 8th.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'd wait for the vigor or revolution 2. Better phones that are slated for release about a month later. Not to mention there is no guarantee the sgs2 will have lte on verizon.

Don't like HTC at all. Revolution 2 will be a great device but I'm pretty much set on the GS2.

Sent from my Droid

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't like HTC at all. Revolution 2 will be a great device but I'm pretty much set on the GS2.

Sent from my Droid

I don't like LG Phones. I'd consider the Vigor, but HTC is pretty flat imo...I'll give the Bionic an obligatory look, but if the SGS II has LTE its probably going to be my next phone unless I hear something to convince me of the Prime's release.

I played with a friends Nexus S and it was fantastic...

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't like LG Phones. I'd consider the Vigor, but HTC is pretty flat imo...I'll give the Bionic an obligatory look, but if the SGS II has LTE its probably going to be my next phone unless I hear something to convince me of the Prime's release.

I played with a friends Nexus S and it was fantastic...
Couldn't have said it better myself... Except I played with a nexus in bestbuy :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
As much as I would LOVE to have the Nexus Prime, I don't think there is any way that I can wait that long. I have had this upgrade credit since December 16th of last year and I have waited pretty much as long as possible. I am trying to just ignore all of the phones that will come out past October because at this point I really need to just find a phone to purchase and stop waiting for the next great thing.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Also, remember the Iphone is rumored to come out in September or October. So I expect the carriers would want to release the GSII's a few weeks before the big "Iphone Day."

d-backs1#AC

Banned
Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Also, remember the Iphone is rumored to come out in September or October. So I expect the carriers would want to release the GSII's a few weeks before the big "Iphone Day."

Or will release it after. I mean it doesn't really matter because the iphone will sell a ton and those who like android wont buy the iphone but verizon could release them the same day but that would make too much sense.

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
A Motorola Fan Boy and getting enthused on the SGII I have been looking at some of the OE SGII accessories and goodness! I just may have to eat crow on the Bionic side and have the SGII for desert.

I have no use for WebbTop and was not going to discriminate because of it, but looking at the accessories the Sammy has I am finding myself ignoring the Bionic.
That Car cradle is right up my application alley, and the extended battery case that does not require removing the OE battery and still fits in the dock & cradle is pretty slick. I can see that saving my bacon on long surveillance details away from a charging source.
The desktop dock is pretty sweet too. I don't think I'll need the sound horn though.

As the Bionic delays kept coming I was losing the excitement, but now I cannot wait for the Sammy announcement on the 29th.