Samsung event in NY on 8/29 for SGS II

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Well either way good luck to you guys. I would have thought I would seen the forums explode if a vzw gs2 passed fcc and it would be front page news like some of the other contenders out there. Since I haven't and not seen anything in my google travels about it figured as such. I don't follow this of course with as fine a tooth comb for the same reason you don't the bionic anymore.

FCC is a non-issue right now. Thats just a meme people like to throw around.

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
No idea why the fanboi's are upset at the possibility of another phone relessing when the Bionic is. Please explain something to me. What's the big deal if the GSII drops when the Bionic drops? What am I missing? When the announcement comes I have a feeling there will be some upset Bionic customers and I just don't understand why. Its not like the Bionic will be delayed if the announcement comes. So again, what's the big deal of it releasing beside the Bionic?

Such a silly thing and it makes no sense.

Sent from my Droid

It's all about money. Samsung will not allow Verizon to release a phone around the same time a flagship device has been released. When it comes to money there is nothing SILLY about it. Like the SGS 1 for example. Verizon got it dead last. It was released September. What phones were released before then? Droid X July, Droid 2 August. So what I'm saying is that Verizon wont release the SGSII for at least a month after the Bionic if not longer. By the way CK, Can you show me proof of a SGSII that has Verizon branding? FCC? Pictures? The LA Angels will be in the World Series before Verizon gets their version of the GSII and you will have another phone in mind. Just saying...

By the way. Im not a "fanboi" thx tho.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It's all about money. Samsung will not allow Verizon to release a phone around the same time a flagship device has been released. When it comes to money there is nothing SILLY about it. Like the SGS 1 for example. Verizon got it dead last. It was released September. What phones were released before then? Droid X July, Droid 2 August. So what I'm saying is that Verizon wont release the SGSII for at least a month after the Bionic if not longer. By the way CK, Can you show me proof of a SGSII that has Verizon branding? FCC? Pictures? The LA Angels will be in the World Series before Verizon gets their version of the GSII and you will have another phone in mind. Just saying...

By the way. Im not a "fanboi" thx tho.
Read the last 4 or so pages these things have been discussed already.

Samsung controls release dates? They dictate when Verizon or any other carrier will release their product? Interesting I didn't know this.

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Read the last 4 or so pages these things have been discussed already.

Samsung controls release dates? They dictate when Verizon or any other carrier will release their product? Interesting I didn't know this.

So this stays on topic and doesnt get locked. IMO the SGSII will be release late Fall/Winter. Im not trying to hate and make people mad. But the last time Samsung had their event last year it took Verizon 3 months to release the Fascinate.

Last edited:

boondoc

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
not to be a douche but fall starts next month. that's like saying i predict the sun will rise tomorrow. unless you meant q4 which is a totally different animal.

SuperMarioVT

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow.. people are getting very sensitive on this forum...

but anyways, the point is that nobody here has any idea about the SG2 so at this point everyone is just speculating whatever crap first comes to their mind, so need for hate....

I myself don't think the verizon SG2 will come out anytime before the end of September, but heck what do i know? :)

lets just have some fun guys..

Reactions: Vanilla Ice

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
In reading the latest news hype about the Celox being a dual core 1.5 GHz with a 4.5 Screen I am reminded of my earlier post about there being no 4G slider on Verizon. Well there is not a 4.5 incher with 4G either eh?

Am I not the only one enjoying the wait and see game now? I was all tore up on the Bionic delays but heck! They did me a favor maybe.
I have an OG Droid with a Jan 1, 2012 2yr anniversary and already qualify for a discount. Being on the grandfathered unlimited data thing I'm feeling pretty calm right now.

My OG Droid did a reboot on its own today, its first one since last year. She is getting nervous.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I am not sure when we'll see this but I am just SAYING the chances of them releasing this phone and the Bionic on this same day are very slim. Why would Verizon want anything to compete with their newest DROID branded phone? I just don't see it happening. Now, if Verizon releases the GSII as just a standard Android phone with no fanfare, then maybe it'll release the same day as Bionic. It would be a very understated release and only us people in this forum would know/care lol.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I have an OG Droid with a Jan 1, 2012 2yr anniversary and already qualify for a discount. Being on the grandfathered unlimited data thing I'm feeling pretty calm right now.

My OG Droid did a reboot on its own today, its first one since last year. She is getting nervous.

My Droid is starting to really creep. It's slow and the battery life is starting to go. I'm not sure how much longer I can wait.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
In reading the latest news hype about the Celox being a dual core 1.5 GHz with a 4.5 Screen I am reminded of my earlier post about there being no 4G slider on Verizon. Well there is not a 4.5 incher with 4G either eh?

Am I not the only one enjoying the wait and see game now? I was all tore up on the Bionic delays but heck! They did me a favor maybe.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly certain after July 7th changes, going from 3g to 4g changes your unlimited status to tiered. From what I've read at least, Google it there's a lot out there.

As for the 4.5 Gs2 that would be amazing even without the exynos proc. The infuse is so appealing to me because I use my phone for internet and forum reading like this. In my mind the more real estate the better ESPECIALLY if its super amoled+ !!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My Droid is starting to really creep. It's slow and the battery life is starting to go. I'm not sure how much longer I can wait.

You aint kidding. 4-5 hours on a charge with light use anymore for me. I hve to charge my Droid 2-4 times a day. I don't think we have to wait much longer though.

masaokun

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly certain after July 7th changes, going from 3g to 4g changes your unlimited status to tiered. From what I've read at least, Google it there's a lot out there.

This was originally a huge concern for me. I confirmed with 2 in store employees and a call to their support line that it *would* be able to go to 4g without removing the unlimited data. They also posted as much on their Twitter feed and it has been reported by some reputable websites (Verizon: unlimited 3G customers can upgrade to 4G, keep data pack and grab $30 tethering -- Engadget). Make sure you check the dates of the rumors about not allowing 3g->4g upgrades to keep unlimited data; there were a lot of them saying you couldn't, but nobody could really know for sure until after July 7. If somehow they do force people onto tiered data if they move to 4g, they are going to anger a *LOT* of people, myself included.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
First JDM4292 - going from 3g to 4g doesn't remove your grandfathering. That's been reported for a while now. The freakout was from a while back. It's settled.

CK - can you give a quick rundown of what the rumors are that lead to the 09/08 release date speculation? I read the forums but I did not get the impression that there was a lot leaning towards an early September release (which I would welcome).

I know the leaked VZW launch timeline with Stratosphere, but there's more I'm guessing?

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
CK - can you give a quick rundown of what the rumors are that lead to the 09/08 release date speculation? I read the forums but I did not get the impression that there was a lot leaning towards an early September release (which I would welcome).

I know the leaked VZW launch timeline with Stratosphere, but there's more I'm guessing?

Samsung said the GS2 was coming in August. The event is the 29th and the roadmap are pretty much all we've got.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc