Samsung event in NY on 8/29 for SGS II

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is definitely getting the SGSII in some shape/form/fashion. Can't say anything about the Prime, but I think Verizon will pick it up. If all of these phone rumors pan out to be true, Verizon is going to have one hell of a Q4 line-up.

Agree...and I was ready to jump ship. Hey man we deserve this. we've been fed scraps long enough. We DESERVE a stellar line up and have earned it.

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah with the rumor that the Bionic will release at the end of August that really gives a lot more credibility to the rumors about the SGSII. A lot of peoples problem with the release date was the Bionic being on the same day. Now that it is two weeks earlier that looks like it could be a perfect amount of separation to allow good sales for both phones. It would also point to why we are seeing so many Bionic pictures and leaks. If the phone is actually coming sooner then expected it would fit very nicely that it would have more leaks then the SGSII.

I still think that the lack of FCC documentation is intentional. I am sure that Samsung could have FCC people look over the documents and tell them if they think it would be approved. That would allow Samsung to wait and intentionally keep the documents from the FCC / Public to maintain the level of secrecy that they have been known for lately. That way when the release of the phone comes closer they submit the documents to the FCC and it will be approved shortly before they announce it at the press conference. Samsung seems to be taking a page out of Apples book and keeping everything on lock down. No one sits there and stresses about the lack of information/documents on the iPhone because everyone knows that Apple doesn't release any information till they have to.

Also, there was a report today that said the Prime would be comming in Oct. for sure. :eek: Dear lord now what do I do.....

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
If I were Motorola and wanted to announce a projected release date I would give a date later than anticipated to give myself a cushion, eh?

But that's Just Lil Ole Me.

labs point

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Master Giraffe, Dolfan Cole, CK, etc.

Do you guys have opinions as to expected phone function from Moto vs. Samsung on these two phones? I am talking speaker phone, reception and call quality and other functions of the "phone" portion of these devices.

Does your experience with these companies and their build quality lead you to believe they will be equal or does one company stand out in this area from past devices?

Speaker phone is important to me.

Thanks

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site

Do you guys have opinions as to expected phone function from Moto vs. Samsung on these two phones? I am talking speaker phone, reception and call quality and other functions of the "phone" portion of these devices.

Does your experience with these companies and their build quality lead you to believe they will be equal or does one company stand out in this area from past devices?

Thanks

I fall into the "etc.", but I'll chime in here. What you are asking about is actually where Motorola really shines above the other manufacturers. Samsung has better screens and overall performance, HTC is typically less buggy and receives huge support form the development community (although the "less-buggy" part seems to be changing with the last couple phones), and Motorola is known for physical build quality and exceptional radio/reception/phone call quality.

Keep in mind, though, that this might not be the case moving forward. Samsung might come out with a kevlar phone with 50 internal antennas, and Motorola might suddenly release their new "super-ultra amoled++" display.

If you're basing this on previously released phones, though, Motorola's phones are the best at actually being used as a phone.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

Thanks

It's funny how so many of us get wrapped up in all that these smartphones do nowadays. But, when it all comes down to it, it's still supposed to be a phone. And if it doesn't do that well, then it's no more than the 'ol pocket pc.

To answer your question though ... personally, I do not have any first hand experience with either Motorola or Samsung smartphones. So, I really can't provide the first hand feedback. I have read though that Motorola seems to do a better job in this area. This is based mostly on user's experiences that I've read on blogs, forums, etc. Keep in mind though that feedback that you see from these types of sources are typically bad (pissed off users are more likely to say something than satisfied users). From a theoretical point of view, I'd probably lean that way as well since Motorola does use multiple microphones to help cancel out any background noise during calls.

My wife does have a Fascinate. I haven't used it to make or receive any calls myself. But, she hasn't complained about it, nor have I had a hard time talking with her when she's using it.

This really doesn't provide a whole lot of useful information other than probably saying that while Motorola may be better in this area, it's probably only slightly and that difference may not be a game changer one way or the other for you.

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The Charge has 2 mics for noise cancelling and i've been told that I sound better than some people's landlines and as good as my highend bluetooth.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE