[RUMOR] Tegra 2 3D?

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't usually post these things because when they are wrong you look REALLY REALLY bad but when the info turns out right you're an American hero. I prefer neither :) but I like you peeps here so I do not care.

Won't say who I heard it from but it was an unusual email. Info is REALLY REALLY hard to come by and I'm not sure who or what to believe as I'm sure most of you don't either and I don't blame you.

I got this second hand so take it for what it's worth.

Stratosphere Rumor: Tegra 2 3D clocked at 1.2 GHZ / LTE / 1 GIG RAM / 4.3" screen

Last edited:

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I really hope it isn't 3d. Evo 3d gave me a headache real quick looking at a friends. Not into the 3d fad anyway. It would make my decision very tough and would likely be a deal breaker for me.

eksplosions

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
... can you turn the 3D off? Please?

(I really don't care about the processor like many of you do, just as long as it's smooth like the original. Which I'm sure it would be.)

clearrants

May 23, 2011
Visit site
The Genie knows what the Stratosphere is and the Genie ain't speaking.

Sent from my Droid

are you the genie? because while i'd LOVE to know what the genie knows, it'd at least make me feel a tiny bit better knowing that someone around here knows something concrete about the stratosphere

also, to stay on topic. 3d = meh

MagicMountainMan

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Interesting rumor... However if it does come to fruition I must say this: biggest battery sucking phone ever! I'd have absolutely no ides how they could possibly do all this and keep the slim profile. If they did, then hats off to them.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I would not be happy about it. Mostly because it means the camera is likely to take a hit in the process and I do like to make use of that feature. 3D is a gimmick in general.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The biggest reason I want a GS2 is that beautiful super AMOLED + display that I will look at every day for 2 years. I really like how the the icons look like they are drawn on the screen not behind it. Making a screen 3d not only adds thickness it adds that parallax layer on top and you will lose that effect of actually touching the icons. Apple does a good job at creating the effect of actually touching the icons and samsung has done it as well making it a big factor for me. So even being able to turn off 3d you wont be able to turn off the looking behind a window effect. There is no point in having the baddest hardware in the galaxy if you can't stand looking at it everyday or it gives you headaches while watching content IMO.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
+1 super amoled extra amazing special awesome screen! 3d isn't as practical cause of its eye-straining abilities

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing we're going to see two versions coming from Samsung for Verizon, kind of like the two versions for At&t. In two weeks we'll hopefully see Samsung announce a slew of versions for the carriers. Let them release this 3D version but also give us a normal, Exynos-powered (white) GSII.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm guessing we're going to see two versions coming from Samsung for Verizon, kind of like the two versions for At&t. In two weeks we'll hopefully see Samsung announce a slew of versions for the carriers. Let them release this 3D version but also give us a normal, Exynos-powered (white) GSII.

I like your white in quotes lol. I never really cared for white but I think the gs2 in white looks d**n good!

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Just an FYI The Tegra 2 3D supposedly is 520 MIPS higher than the 1GHz Tegra 2.

MIPS=Million instructions per second

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR