Argument for 4G on VZW has gotten even more interesting

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Check it:

Samsung Celox with 4G LTE Makes Real World Appearance, Physical Button Removed - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog)

I know we saw leaked photos of this device already, but now it has the 4 buttons that the Galaxy S I had in the US. It would be pretty easy for Samsung to adjust it for 700mhz bands, but I don't know how the CDMA radios actually work and I wont pretend I do.

Alls I'm saying is that this could be a good sign. How do you guys feel about the Snapdragon dual-core over the Exynos? Personally, I was hoping for the latter...

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I'd rather see that version than a 3d version but still the most desirable to me would be one with the exynos processor, even if it was clocked lower.

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
celox- no dictionary results

I have a feeling that Celox is not the real name of this device. Celox is some sort of bandaide/medical stuff.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather see that version than a 3d version but still the most desirable to me would be one with the exynos processor, even if it was clocked lower.
I totally agree, but if this guarantees 4G, then I am fine with the Snapdragon.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
When I saw the title for this thread, I thought you'd be referring to the fact that the iphone 5 looks like it may be LTE, which is another major reason Samsung would release the serious competitor to the iphone as an LTE device.

Carriers testing LTE-enabled 4G iPhone? -- Engadget

Ehhhhhh, BGR (which was the source for the Engadget article) said this:

BGR said:
While we can?t confirm that the upcoming fifth-generation iPhone will be able to support 4G LTE, we can now exclusively confirm that Apple?s carrier partners are testing iPhone models with LTE capability

That's a big stretch to say it's "looking like" the iPhone 5 will have LTE based on that report.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site

That's a big stretch to say it's "looking like" the iPhone 5 will have LTE based on that report.

It's an even bigger stretch given Apple's track record of intentionally releasing devices with key features missing to ensure that iSheep will purchase every single version of said devices.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
If the rumored specs are correct LTE gsm hspa, it could very well be one of the new ATT phones.

I hope an LTE variant is coming to Verizon with awesome battery life.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

Yeah I saw BGR and completely disregarded everything in the article.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
He's been quite accurate in the past, so you disregard him at your own peril.

Eh, I wouldn't say that. They used to be a decent source for info, nut they have become increasingly desperate for views. Not to mention most of their articles are based on "analyst" predictions.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting to see if it has LTE. If not, I'm going with the Bionic.
After playing with the Droid 3 and using the "new" Blur, I can safely say I am happy I decided not to go with the Bionic. If the GSII does not have 4G, then I'll wait the extra month for the Nexus Prime which is rumored to be coming to Verizon in October.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca