08-19-2011 12:01 AM
56 123
tools
    Check it:

Samsung Celox with 4G LTE Makes Real World Appearance, Physical Button Removed - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog)

I know we saw leaked photos of this device already, but now it has the 4 buttons that the Galaxy S I had in the US. It would be pretty easy for Samsung to adjust it for 700mhz bands, but I don't know how the CDMA radios actually work and I wont pretend I do.

Alls I'm saying is that this could be a good sign. How do you guys feel about the Snapdragon dual-core over the Exynos? Personally, I was hoping for the latter...
    08-15-2011 01:42 PM
    I'd rather see that version than a 3d version but still the most desirable to me would be one with the exynos processor, even if it was clocked lower.
    DolfanCole likes this.
    08-15-2011 01:48 PM
    celox- no dictionary results

I have a feeling that Celox is not the real name of this device. Celox is some sort of bandaide/medical stuff.
    08-15-2011 01:50 PM
    I'd rather see that version than a 3d version but still the most desirable to me would be one with the exynos processor, even if it was clocked lower.
    I totally agree, but if this guarantees 4G, then I am fine with the Snapdragon.
    08-15-2011 01:51 PM
    I totally agree, but if this guarantees 4G, then I am fine with the Snapdragon.
    Yeah I'd deal with it too. Lol
    08-15-2011 01:53 PM
    When I saw the title for this thread, I thought you'd be referring to the fact that the iphone 5 looks like it may be LTE, which is another major reason Samsung would release the serious competitor to the iphone as an LTE device.

Carriers testing LTE-enabled 4G iPhone? -- Engadget
    Stang68 likes this.
    08-15-2011 02:14 PM
    When I saw the title for this thread, I thought you'd be referring to the fact that the iphone 5 looks like it may be LTE, which is another major reason Samsung would release the serious competitor to the iphone as an LTE device.

Carriers testing LTE-enabled 4G iPhone? -- Engadget
    Ehhhhhh, BGR (which was the source for the Engadget article) said this:

While we cant confirm that the upcoming fifth-generation iPhone will be able to support 4G LTE, we can now exclusively confirm that Apples carrier partners are testing iPhone models with LTE capability
    That's a big stretch to say it's "looking like" the iPhone 5 will have LTE based on that report.
    chuckz28 likes this.
    08-15-2011 02:23 PM

That's a big stretch to say it's "looking like" the iPhone 5 will have LTE based on that report.
    It's an even bigger stretch given Apple's track record of intentionally releasing devices with key features missing to ensure that iSheep will purchase every single version of said devices.
    chuckz28 likes this.
    08-15-2011 02:33 PM
    If the rumored specs are correct LTE gsm hspa, it could very well be one of the new ATT phones.

I hope an LTE variant is coming to Verizon with awesome battery life.
    08-15-2011 04:07 PM

Yeah I saw BGR and completely disregarded everything in the article.
    bplewis24 and masaokun like this.
    08-15-2011 04:09 PM
    Yeah I saw BGR and completely disregarded everything in the article.
    He's been quite accurate in the past, so you disregard him at your own peril.
    08-15-2011 09:05 PM
    He's been quite accurate in the past, so you disregard him at your own peril.
    Eh, I wouldn't say that. They used to be a decent source for info, nut they have become increasingly desperate for views. Not to mention most of their articles are based on "analyst" predictions.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    08-15-2011 09:30 PM
    Duplicate post.
    08-15-2011 09:31 PM
    for further reading, Apple installing LTE in stores?:

Is Apple Secretly Installing LTE Equipment at Apple Stores?
    08-16-2011 04:38 PM

Maybe for the ipad 3? Since it is being pushed back for supposed "supply demands." That way they can really sue samsung since they will have lte and must have patented that too.
    /s
    08-16-2011 06:09 PM

IF the iPhone 5 is going to have LTE, then you gotta figure Samsung will want their GSII to have LTE, as well.
    08-16-2011 07:54 PM
    IF the iPhone 5 is going to have LTE, then you gotta figure Samsung will want their GSII to have LTE, as well.
    Which may be why samsung waited and isnt announcing their sgs2 until the 29th?
    08-16-2011 09:05 PM
    I am waiting to see if it has LTE. If not, I'm going with the Bionic.
    08-16-2011 11:42 PM
    I am waiting to see if it has LTE. If not, I'm going with the Bionic.
    After playing with the Droid 3 and using the "new" Blur, I can safely say I am happy I decided not to go with the Bionic. If the GSII does not have 4G, then I'll wait the extra month for the Nexus Prime which is rumored to be coming to Verizon in October.
    08-17-2011 08:14 AM
    How do you guys feel about the Snapdragon dual-core over the Exynos? Personally, I was hoping for the latter...
    Color me stupid, but would/could there be much of a noticeable performance difference between the two processors?
    08-17-2011 08:33 AM
    After playing with the Droid 3 and using the "new" Blur, I can safely say I am happy I decided not to go with the Bionic. If the GSII does not have 4G, then I'll wait the extra month for the Nexus Prime which is rumored to be coming to Verizon in October.
    Does anyone really believe that the Nexus Prime will be out in October on Verizon? I don't think it's very likely.
    08-17-2011 08:44 AM
    Does anyone really believe that the Nexus Prime will be out in October on Verizon? I don't think it's very likely.
    Eh, I think it's likely if Google wants to successfully combat the iPhone. What I'm HOPING they will do is coordinate a launch in October on every carrier. Now that would be cool.
    08-17-2011 09:04 AM
    Eh, I think it's likely if Google wants to successfully combat the iPhone. What I'm HOPING they will do is coordinate a launch in October on every carrier. Now that would be cool.
    Ah, hope. Hope can be a dangerous thing. It's not very likely. I don't think we'll see Prime on VZW until January.
    08-17-2011 09:09 AM
    in all honesty, i dont think a nexus device could compete with the iphone. the average customer does not care about a vanilla device; only geeks like us do.
    08-17-2011 01:55 PM
    in all honesty, i dont think a nexus device could compete with the iphone. the average customer does not care about a vanilla device; only geeks like us do.
    It could if it's on Verizon, and they back it with serious marketing.
    08-17-2011 02:26 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD