Droid HD change your mind?

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Phil confirmed the HD is in the hand of VZW testers right now. The phone looks sweet, but it personally hasn't changed my mind of getting the GS2. Maybe because the rumored specs don't warrant a longer wait, or maybe because the Bionic delay is so fresh in my mind... What does everyone else think?

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
4g LTE, 4.5", microSD, 8mp 1080p rear, ffc, thin body. my third hand info tells me 720 screen, 4.3", and 2mp ffc, but take it with a grain of salt.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
not sure what you're saying, but the bionic is releasing soon, whereas the HD would likely be released around holiday season im guessing

They are Motorola because the pic next to the bionic. If the bionic screen is as bad on the bionic as everyone says, id wait. If I get the bionic, Samsung or whatever, I'm not gonna be the first to get one. I wait to see if the bootloader is locked and issues. Motos first LTE phone scares me.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Still on the Samsung Galaxy S II train. Unless something derails it I'm taking this sucker across country.

Sent from my Droid

I'm with you on that one... Kinda bummed we haven't seen anything official though :-(
Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I was leaning towards the GS2. Having had the Fascinate & now the Charge, I can say the call quality is quite annoying. I may be willing to give up some Samsung goodness for Moto's awesome call quality.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Not really. The likely release date is too far down the road, and the spec "boost" over the Bionic and SGSII isn't great enough to hold off for. For those choosing this device specifically because of the screen, remember that it's more than likely to have pentile. The higher resolution should help with pixelation, but it's impossible to tell how much or if it completely solves the issue.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
A little. I am in the camp of seeing the Bionic and S2 in my hands first before I make a decision. But if the S2 is out in September I will probably get that.

The Droid HD does not seem like much of a spec bump over the Bionic. It will probably have a better screen, a thinner form factor, and better ffc. Other than that I don't see it being leaps and bounds better than the Bionic.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
A little. I am in the camp of seeing the Bionic and S2 in my hands first before I make a decision. But if the S2 is out in September I will probably get that.

The Droid HD does not seem like much of a spec bump over the Bionic. It will probably have a better screen, a thinner form factor, and better ffc. Other than that I don't see it being leaps and bounds better than the Bionic.

I honestly think the SGSII is going to be the phone to beat performance wise all year. The Hercules got similar Quadrant scores as the SGSII, but I wonder if it'll perform similarly in real world usage. I also wonder if the SGSII's speed is due to the Exynos processor or really good coding/programming.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I also wonder if the SGSII's speed is due to the Exynos processor or really good coding/programming.
I'd LOVE to know this answer as well. Problem is we have to wait for it to drop somewhere and somebody to benchmark it. Some good hands-on are always nice to see as well.

loooney2ns

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Say what you will about the pentile screen, but it will probably increase battery life. It's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be, and it has a great upside.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Say what you will about the pentile screen, but it will probably increase battery life. It's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be, and it has a great upside.

That's completely a matter of opinion.

Moving on... Assuming the GS2 is 4G, that's my next phone, regardless of the Droid HD's existence.