LTE Version Sept 1 at IFA?

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Read the article and I must be missing something...why does this make you worried we won't see a VZW LTE version? To me, it makes it seem like we will.

jemcmichael

May 13, 2011
Visit site
The video doesn't mention the SII at all. Any chance they will be debuting the Nexus Prime at that event? Especially since the event will be in Berlin.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Read the article and I must be missing something...why does this make you worried we won't see a VZW LTE version? To me, it makes it seem like we will.

Agree. Kind of solidifies the idea of an LTE Verizon GSII. Announced at the event and now subsequent appearances elsewhere.

Curious how one links no LTE version to this article? Im not seeing the parallels. Not being a smart arse. Totally serious question

Sent from my Droid

BoozeRob

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I guess what I mean is that it seems like they are announcing something different than the devices at the Aug 29 event in NYC. I don't see why you would have two announcement press conferences for the same phone. Maybe this whole SGII release has just made me cynical lol

Reactions: Friend-O

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I guess what I mean is that it seems like they are announcing something different than the devices at the Aug 29 event in NYC. I don't see why you would have two announcement press conferences for the same phone. Maybe this whole SGII release has just made me cynical lol

I can understand that. I guess I have a hard relating why it would be GSII related if it's in Berlin. Why would they do a Berlin unpacking announcement for a GSII phone made for the US? Wouldn't they do that in New York (or at least a US city) like the 8/29 announcement?

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

But we don't know what they are announcing at the August 29th event :)

Sent from my Droid

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
But we don't know what they are announcing at the August 29th event :)

Sent from my Droid

True, although we're pretty darn sure it's GSII related. As far as the IFA announcement, there's speculation (there's that word again) about it being many things, including the GSII and Galaxy Tab.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
True, although we're pretty darn sure it's GSII related. As far as the IFA announcement, there's speculation (there's that word again) about it being many things, including the GSII and Galaxy Tab.

Right right. I should have clarified myself. I mean we don't know exactly what types of GSII's they are going to announce (specs, carriers, form factors etc etc)

Sent from my Droid

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Right right. I should have clarified myself. I mean we don't know exactly what types of GSII's they are going to announce (specs, carriers, form factors etc etc)

Sent from my Droid

It's not likely though that an American device for an American carrier would be debuted in Berlin.

Reactions: s004kcg

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Droid

Right.

On second thought, since this event will be held in Berling, I think it has to be an announcement of something tablet related. With the injunction issued in Germany concerning sales of the Galaxy Tab, maybe Samsung wants to make a "not so subtle" jab by introducing the next Tab in Berlin. That'd be classic.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It's not likely though that an American device for an American carrier would be debuted in Berlin.

Correct its a different market all together but news of a US LTE release (Verizon) opens the door for other markets.
The cat will be out of the bag so to speak.

"Hey when we will be getting our LTE version?"

"Funny you ask....."

Sent from my Droid

anvil

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Judging by the pictures from the video, I don't think they're talking about a tab. The guy in those masculine looking green Capri pants is holding the device he's looking at in one hand. :-*

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's a hand grenade?

Of the holy variety?

A tab could be announced but all the glowing phone shaped devices seem too small and tablets don't usually make phone calls well voip and... Nvm. Could it be possible they are announcing the gs2 but the conference just happens to be in berlin? Like mwc or maybe its the prime

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Well well well...what have we here?

Does this sound good to some of you?

Samsung I9250 (W48) ? 4.65″ SuperAMOLED of HD resolution (1280?720 pixels), Android Ice Cream sandwich, 5 MP camera

How about this?

The Samsung I9210 (W48) ? 4.5″ WVGA SuperAMOLED, Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread, 4G connectivity, 16 GB of memory, 8-megapixel camera with LED flash, GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, 1750 mAh battery

Ooooo hows about this one?

The Samsung I9220 (W43) ? 4.3-inch Super AMOLED of HD resolution (1280?720 pixels), Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread, 1.4 Ghz dual-core processor, 8-megapixel camera

There will be some tablets/windows mixed in there as well.

Yes I am aware of Samsungs announcement that it was false but here it is yet again. Samsung trying to keep things under wraps? Don't know. But this is what the event should produce according to BGR and other sources. They are also saying these along with other handsets and tabs may be announced at CTIA Fall 2011 in October as well

Source: BGR
New Samsung Roadmap Leaks With Expected Launch Dates – Nexus Prime Revealed?
supposedly W48 = week 48 = end of november or early december. everyone was originally saying an october release for the nexus. commence the "delay" game!!! are you waiting for the nexus now?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary