LTE Version Sept 1 at IFA?

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes waiting on the Nexus

Pardon the incorrect grammar, but... Doth my ears deceive me? You're giving up on sammie's pride and joy? I don't know anymore... Just don't know... So which one of These is the Gs2 and why are they all oct-nov!!! No more waiting!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Judging by the pictures from the video, I don't think they're talking about a tab. The guy in those masculine looking green Capri pants is holding the device he's looking at in one hand. :-*

Yes, but it doesn't necessarily have to be the device they plan on announcing either. Could be the hand grenade. :)

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Pardon the incorrect grammar, but... Doth my ears deceive me? You're giving up on sammie's pride and joy? I don't know anymore... Just don't know... So which one of These is the Gs2 and why are they all oct-nov!!! No more waiting!!

No not giving up on the Samsung GSII. Just waiting to hear more about the Prime. If I feel confident enough in the Prime releasing on Verizon I will wait for it.

Its going to be a REALLY tough decision when the GS2 is announced and there's no solid information on the Prime. Ill just wait and see what happens next month. If it is going to hit Verizon in November we should definitely get some pretty good rumor in September. I'm just not confident just yet....

Sent from my Droid

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
No not giving up on the Samsung GSII. Just waiting to hear more about the Prime. If I feel confident enough in the Prime releasing on Verizon I will wait for it.

Its going to be a REALLY tough decision when the GS2 is announced and there's no solid information on the Prime. Ill just wait and see what happens next month. If it is going to hit Verizon in November we should definitely get some pretty good rumor in September. I'm just not confident just yet....

Sent from my Droid

It's wishful thinking to believe that the Prime arrives before January. I remember the reports that the GS2 would arrive by May. Anything is possible, but when it comes to phone speculation the safe bet is always later rather than sooner.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
A lot of this might boil down to when the VZW-version of the GS2 launches too. If we're talking early Sept that's one thing, if we're waiting until late Sept or Oct range (which definitely is a possibility) then Prime becomes much more easy to wait for.

I'm really hoping Samsung's 29th event gives so detailed info on release dates. Probably wishful thinking.

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Droid

I think I have to agree with CK. I was waiting for the GS2/Bionic, but there are some decent rumors pointing to VZW getting the Prime in November. I have waited this long, what's another two months. I just think a Nexus device is worth waiting a little longer for. My OG Droid is still plugging along ok so I am not in desperate need of a new phone,at this point it is just a want.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I mean we are all just spinning our wheels here. Trying to make sense of something we have no clue about is really just insanity. I've sort of thrown in the towel until after the event.

All these scenarios are pretty meaningless at the end of the day. Verizon is going to do what it wants to do whether it makes sense to us or not. Things don't always make sense. They just are.

Sent from my Droid

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Who knows what that roadmap means for Verizon release dates because VZW model numbers start with an "SCH", not a "G" which I assume are model numbers for overseas.

And who cares what Sept 1st is gonna bring. Aug 29th is the date to reveal all information of immediate interest.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Who knows what that roadmap means for Verizon release dates because VZW model numbers start with an "SCH", not a "G" which I assume are model numbers for overseas.

And who cares what Sept 1st is gonna bring. Aug 29th is the date to reveal all information of immediate interest.

Maybe but if you want to make a great phone you would want it to be a global. Isn't the bionic a global phone?

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I mean we are all just spinning our wheels here. Trying to make sense of something we have no clue about is really just insanity. I've sort of thrown in the towel until after the event.

All these scenarios are pretty meaningless at the end of the day. Verizon is going to do what it wants to do whether it makes sense to us or not. Things don't always make sense. They just are.

Sent from my Droid

I keep forgetting... I may sound crazy but I liked motoblurs calendar widget and used it all the time along with the sense agenda widget. Which brings me to my next question. What about those of us that were really loooking forward to touchwiz 4 and some good helpful Widgets? Does the nexus have a launcher? Or all the Widgets come from the market? I know android has some but hardly any that I see. Thanks in advance!

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE touchwiz 4.0---it is one of the main selling points for me over the bionic.

I am not one to root, so I will need a good stock UI

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I also LOVE TW4, (in fact, I'm running it on my Charge right now) but I have to say that the new Motoblur on the D3 is pretty awesome.
If it wasn't for that fact that I'm just for Samsung and their mind-numbing screens and choice of colors and overall layout and functionality...I'd dance with the Bionic.

And if things go the way I'm planning in the next few weeks (money-wise), I might end up dancing with both of them. I'll be swippity-swappiting my SIM card in & out of my Charge, GS2 and Bionic.

I'm crazy...I need help.

Last edited by a moderator:

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I assume that they would be announcing an LTE enabled GSII in NYC. There is no LTE in Berlin, most of the rest of the world doesn't have an LTE network (NYC does)...US, Canada and SK are the only countries currently in a full rollout. I'd venture they are announcing a new phone...

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
No he's not!
Well kinda/sorta.
I am running the TW4 Eclipse but I am also running a separate complete TW 4 launcher.
You can run the TW4 Launcher on any Samsung phone without Eclipse (quite possibly on other manufacture's phones...never looked into it, though).

You can load the TW4 launcher without being rooted, but you won't be able to have it fully functional.
I gotta go though, I'll post more info and links on how to get it.
Root or not....it's still badass!!!

Here you go you silly asses!!!
You're gonna want to download the TW4Launcher.apk file aaaaaall the way at the bottom of the first post.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1061883

If you are not familiar with something in this ^ thread....ask and I will help.

Last edited:

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Didn't realize this thread would be hijacked at the mention of touchwiz. Anyways would anyone avoid a nexus device because it's too vanilla?

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Didn't realize this thread would be hijacked at the mention of touchwiz. Anyways would anyone avoid a nexus device because it's too vanilla?

Up until my infatuation started with the S2 the only thing I would ever get is vanilla. Now seeing TW 4.0 I actually would prefer it. The functionality and look is awesome.

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Same here.
I was running a vanilla Android rom for a long time, and I thought it was the bees knees, until I saw a TW4 review on YouTube and I turned to myself in the mirror and said "WOW!!! Look at THAT!!! That's AWESOME!!!!"
I posted a request on XDA for a port of TW4 for Froyo and the reply notified me of both a Froyo and Gingerbread port of TW4.
That's what I've been running since and it's cool as ****

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance