So the screen for 4.5" might be SAMOLED HD screens. I've played with the Infuse 4G and I must say the SAMOLED Plus display is pretty nice, and I'm interested to see how the SAMOLED HD works out, but I would rather have a SAMOLED Plus for now. What are your opinions?
    08-18-2011 12:40 PM
    I'd have to see the HD to give a firm opinion. Based on my experience with the older pentile amoled screens, though, I wouldn't be surprised if the Samoled HD is mind-blowing.
    Friend-O likes this.
    08-18-2011 01:12 PM
    if it isnt plasma, i aint interested
    08-18-2011 02:05 PM
    The HD should be even better. I'm all for it and can't wait to see them hit handsets.

Sent from my Droid
    08-18-2011 02:05 PM
    I'd have to see a HD screen next to a Plus screen with my own eyes before I could answer a question like this. The higher resolution could make up for the pixelation that some people see on the PenTile matrix, but SAMOLED Plus may still look better to some people. PenTile is such a personal thing. Some people hate it and some think it looks great.

Once Samsung figures out how to manufacture a 4.3" SAMOLED HD PLUS (RGB stripe) screen that will work on a device with acceptable battery life it's game over. I say 4.3" because I personally feel it's the sweet spot screen size for non-slider smart phones, although I don't know enough about screen resolutions to know if HD would even be possible on a 4.3". I wouldn't kick a 4.5" out of my pocket for giving me too much "man-bulge", but I do prefer something a tad smaller. Oddly enough, since I plan to upgrade to Sprint's SGS2, I may change my mind after lugging it around for awhile. We shall see.
    08-18-2011 03:36 PM
    if it isnt plasma, i aint interested
    id love to see that but there would be heat issues... and the fact youd have to have the phone always vertical
    >_>
    08-18-2011 04:23 PM
    I say 4.3" because I personally feel it's the sweet spot screen size for non-slider smart phones, although I don't know enough about screen resolutions to know if HD would even be possible on a 4.3". I wouldn't kick a 4.5" out of my pocket for giving me too much "man-bulge", but I do prefer something a tad smaller. Oddly enough, since I plan to upgrade to Sprint's SGS2, I may change my mind after lugging it around for awhile. We shall see.
    Stop the freakout bout a 4.5"! ICS, which is rumored to be on the Prime, is supposed to support a buttonless display, so a 4.5" could very much fit in the same form factor as a current 4.3" or 4" phone.
    08-18-2011 04:43 PM
    Stop the freakout bout a 4.5"! ICS, which is rumored to be on the Prime, is supposed to support a buttonless display, so a 4.5" could very much fit in the same form factor as a current 4.3" or 4" phone.
    Freakout? Not even close. Just saying I prefer a tad smaller. If phones end up going in the direction of more screen and less case, I'm cool with that.
    08-18-2011 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD