09-30-2011 06:18 PM
37 12
tools
    The Bionic's battery is 1800 or less. The Prime's battery is gonna be at least 1800. And LED screens use MUCH less juice, especially when you have the brightness cranked all the way down because they're still very visible - much more so than an LCD screen set to the same brightness level. I have no doubts at all
    your logic is flawed. even so, it would never ring true as the Prime is not getting an LED display!

Also, LED IS LCD!!!! It is identical to every other LCD you have ever seen other than it uses LED as a backlight for the LCD panel vs. CCFL backlights. LED illumination has a brighter light, longer life, and drastically reduced footprint compared to CCFL. hence thinner and thinner TVs and displays.

wiki Amoled and Pentile to learn about the display tech of your new future phone
    09-30-2011 12:22 AM
    your logic is flawed. even so, it would never ring true as the Prime is not getting an LED display!

Also, LED IS LCD!!!! It is identical to every other LCD you have ever seen other than it uses LED as a backlight for the LCD panel vs. CCFL backlights. LED have a brighter light, longer life, and drastically reduced footprint. hence thinner and thinner TVs.

wiki Amoled and Pentile to learn about the display tech of your new future phone
    1. Flawed how?

2. How do you know it's not getting LED?

3. Yes i understand the technology. The point was "brighter light and longer life".
    09-30-2011 12:28 AM
    Really? I thought the specs listed a SAMOLED.... LED.... I may be wrong so correct me if I am.
    09-30-2011 05:14 AM
    That's really splitting hairs. I can't argue with you that s/amoled is technically led. You would be the first person I have heard reference it as led! Especially in the era of LED displays, LED being LED backlit LCD. Also, prime users won't realize the power saving characteristics ibow is describing over bionic. As technically the bionic is using the more efficient version of pentile screens, RGBW. The nexus will use the less efficient RGBG version.
    09-30-2011 06:12 AM
    That's really splitting hairs. I can't argue with you that s/amoled is technically led. You would be the first person I have heard reference it as led! Especially in the era of LED displays, LED being LED backlit LCD. Also, prime users won't realize the power saving characteristics ibow is describing over bionic. As technically the bionic is using the more efficient version of pentile screens, RGBW. The nexus will use the less efficient RGBG version.
    I agree with that. Which is why you don't see a lot of people describing SAMOLED as PenTile. Usually, PenTile is used when talking about RBGW and SAMOLED when RBGB. Which is why people have always been under the impression that PenTile is more energy efficient than SAMOLED.
    09-30-2011 06:18 AM
    Do all 4LTE phones have the ability for data and voice?
    09-30-2011 02:48 PM
    Do all 4LTE phones have the ability for data and voice?
    If you're referring to simultaneous data and voice, yes, as long as you're connected to 4G
    ejaymd11 likes this.
    09-30-2011 03:52 PM
    Only the thunderbolt and probably the vigor can do simultaneous voice and data on 3g.. just fyi
    dsignori likes this.
    09-30-2011 04:25 PM
    Only the thunderbolt and probably the vigor can do simultaneous voice and data on 3g.. just fyi
    Interesting. Do we know why that is, or how they they are doing that? I am quite curious about this and was not aware of this capability.
    09-30-2011 05:27 PM
    Interesting. Do we know why that is, or how they they are doing that? I am quite curious about this and was not aware of this capability.

It's a different network technology called SVDO
    dsignori likes this.
    09-30-2011 05:30 PM
    It's a different network technology called SVDO
    And I guess there is no chance of the Prime having this?
    09-30-2011 05:49 PM
    And I guess there is no chance of the Prime having this?
    Not impossible, but highly unlikely. Verizon doesn't like to advertise that capability because data speeds are reduced while using it
    09-30-2011 06:18 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD