spectre1006

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Any hint or leaks about this being lte on vzw?
Just wondering. I heard that this might make it to vzw and it would seem like a waste to not make it lte if the lte network was available

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
no way does Google release its cutting edge phone with the latest OS, dual core, etc, etc, and not have LTE - it will.

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
The rumors about the reasons for Google pushing up ICS seem to suggest that the Prime will be on vzw. One of the reasons was "to stop OG Droid users from getting an iPhone 5 when their contract is up." How would they accomplish that if the Prime isn't on the same carriers as the iPhone 5? Plus, every rumored spec-list says it'll be an LTE device.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

spectre1006

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
The rumors about the reasons for Google pushing up ICS seem to suggest that the Prime will be on vzw. One of the reasons was "to stop OG Droid users from getting an iPhone 5 when their contract is up." How would they accomplish that if the Prime isn't on the same carriers as the iPhone 5? Plus, every rumored spec-list says it'll be an LTE device.

I fall in this category but I would not get an iPhone. Just not for me. Good os. Just doesn't have enough customization for me. I'm going with some high end android from vzw with lte so I'm hoping this comes to vzw

Sent from my Droid who cooks me waffles

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
i would agree with what people have said above. no way google will release such a high-end phone this far into LTE's rollout and not have it be LTE. In fact, i would bet that it wil have the second-gen LTE radio. What do you guys think about this? (I don't know much about the release of devices with this radio)

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
i would agree with what people have said above. no way google will release such a high-end phone this far into LTE's rollout and not have it be LTE. In fact, i would bet that it wil have the second-gen LTE radio. What do you guys think about this? (I don't know much about the release of devices with this radio)
i agree with you because the vigor and rev. 2 are supposed to be coming out bout October and how is the rev. 2 "incredibly thin" with first gen. lte radios and there not gonna release it without lte its the successor. i think the vigor, rev. 2, and prime will come with 2nd. gen lte.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
i agree with you because the vigor and rev. 2 are supposed to be coming out bout October and how is the rev. 2 "incredibly thin" with first gen. lte radios and there not gonna release it without lte its the successor. i think the vigor, rev. 2, and prime will come with 2nd. gen lte.

The Rev2, Vigor and Droid HD are next gen devices with the 2nd gen LTE chip. While I'm positive the Nexus Prime will sport LTE, I'm unxertain if its the 2nd gen. I hope it is though.

Sent from my ADR6400L

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
The Rev2, Vigor and Droid HD are next gen devices with the 2nd gen LTE chip. While I'm positive the Nexus Prime will sport LTE, I'm unxertain if its the 2nd gen.
Sent from my ADR6400L

I hope it is though.
How sure are you or do you have a source I'm just asking that's what I was thinking oringinally but I just need confirmation.

equake

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
LTE baseband chips are far and few between. Unless it is the Snapdragon Krait 4th Gen SoC I don't think the phone will have battery life for more than a days charge. All the older chips use way too much juice. The Vigor may use Krait and it could be Verizon's version of the Nexus Prime.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
There's no way the Vigor uses Krait; Krait hasn't even begun sampling, and it typically takes 8-12 months after sampling for a phone to reach market using that tech, sometimes up to 18 months. That's standard dev cycle.

I honestly don't think the Prime will be worth it if you want really decent battery life. I'd be willing to buy it just for the (hopefully) stock ICS alone and future updates direct from Google, else I'm more curious about the HTC Vigor and LG Revo 2.

If none of these phones have decent battery life, I may just wait until Summer 2012 for something with Krait. Krait is the SoC to beat if you want LTE.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
LTE baseband chips are far and few between. Unless it is the Snapdragon Krait 4th Gen SoC I don't think the phone will have battery life for more than a days charge. All the older chips use way too much juice. The Vigor may use Krait and it could be Verizon's version of the Nexus Prime.

HTC will not be making a version of the Nexus for Verizon, if there is a version of the Nexus on Verizon it will be a Samsung phone. Just like the HTC Nexus One and the HTC Incredible.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
If they are claiming it to be a 0.88 cm phone (as rumors have it), then 2nd gen lte chip would pretty much be a necessity, no?

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Heres the way i see it.

This phone isn't getting LTE because it happens to be on Verizon. This phone is coming to Verizon first because of its LTE network.

Google wanted to lead with its best foot forward. If it is coming to all the carriers as rumored with 4G then why not fire an opening salvo of LTE... lets face it. It blows away Sprint's WiMax, TMo's HSPA+, AT&T's HSPA+, and even blows away AT&T's LTE

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Even if it uses a custom lte chip, I'd be surprised if it got over 8 hours battery life with LTE on. If it gets over 10 hours, I'd say 3G battery is over 14-16 hours which isn't bad. We'll see.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Heres the way i see it.

This phone isn't getting LTE because it happens to be on Verizon. This phone is coming to Verizon first because of its LTE network.

Google wanted to lead with its best foot forward. If it is coming to all the carriers as rumored with 4G then why not fire an opening salvo of LTE... lets face it. It blows away Sprint's WiMax, TMo's HSPA+, AT&T's HSPA+, and even blows away AT&T's LTE

Absolutely correct sir, no doubt. Especially with the iPhone NOT being LTE, this one will to show off how superior it is. It will have ICS to cancel out the "5" aspect of the iPhone.

This is a cage match between Google and Apple, and Google will have them beat down this time. I am not saying that the iPhone won't sell a ton, just that this time around, they are going to be the winners as long as ICS isn't a bomb

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Even if it uses a custom lte chip, I'd be surprised if it got over 8 hours battery life with LTE on. If it gets over 10 hours, I'd say 3G battery is over 14-16 hours which isn't bad. We'll see.

Isn't the Bionic getting great battery life on LTE?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss