Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Most reports are pegging it under 8 hours with LTE on. That sucks. Some rare people are getting much more than that.

I doubt the prime will get more than 10 hours with lte on.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
With a SAMOLED+ screen, 2000 mAh battery, and a more efficient processor, i see no reason why it wouldn't get 8-10 hours stock. Rooted, 12+ hours easily

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
The Bionic's battery is 1800 or less. The Prime's battery is gonna be at least 1800. And LED screens use MUCH less juice, especially when you have the brightness cranked all the way down because they're still very visible - much more so than an LCD screen set to the same brightness level. I have no doubts at all :D

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
The Bionic's battery is 1800 or less. The Prime's battery is gonna be at least 1800. And LED screens use MUCH less juice, especially when you have the brightness cranked all the way down because they're still very visible - much more so than an LCD screen set to the same brightness level. I have no doubts at all :D

your logic is flawed. even so, it would never ring true as the Prime is not getting an LED display!

Also, LED IS LCD!!!! It is identical to every other LCD you have ever seen other than it uses LED as a backlight for the LCD panel vs. CCFL backlights. LED illumination has a brighter light, longer life, and drastically reduced footprint compared to CCFL. hence thinner and thinner TVs and displays.

wiki Amoled and Pentile to learn about the display tech of your new future phone

Last edited:

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
your logic is flawed. even so, it would never ring true as the Prime is not getting an LED display!

Also, LED IS LCD!!!! It is identical to every other LCD you have ever seen other than it uses LED as a backlight for the LCD panel vs. CCFL backlights. LED have a brighter light, longer life, and drastically reduced footprint. hence thinner and thinner TVs.

wiki Amoled and Pentile to learn about the display tech of your new future phone

1. Flawed how?

2. How do you know it's not getting LED?

3. Yes i understand the technology. The point was "brighter light and longer life".

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
That's really splitting hairs. I can't argue with you that s/amoled is technically led. You would be the first person I have heard reference it as led! Especially in the era of LED displays, LED being LED backlit LCD. Also, prime users won't realize the power saving characteristics ibow is describing over bionic. As technically the bionic is using the more efficient version of pentile screens, RGBW. The nexus will use the less efficient RGBG version.

geeksbsmrt

Don't call me a nerd
Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
That's really splitting hairs. I can't argue with you that s/amoled is technically led. You would be the first person I have heard reference it as led! Especially in the era of LED displays, LED being LED backlit LCD. Also, prime users won't realize the power saving characteristics ibow is describing over bionic. As technically the bionic is using the more efficient version of pentile screens, RGBW. The nexus will use the less efficient RGBG version.

I agree with that. Which is why you don't see a lot of people describing SAMOLED as PenTile. Usually, PenTile is used when talking about RBGW and SAMOLED when RBGB. Which is why people have always been under the impression that PenTile is more energy efficient than SAMOLED.