08-25-2011 12:10 PM
34 12
tools
    The ad doesn't seem to suggest that there will be a slider version. It's pushing the size of the phone.
    08-23-2011 08:02 AM
    The ad doesn't seem to suggest that there will be a slider version. It's pushing the size of the phone.

I agree.....and I now expect all carriers to have the same form factor. The US version they showed at the end of the commercial.

This just got me very excited and rejuvenated.
    It actually seems like it is coming to the US now
    08-23-2011 08:11 AM
    Like what is usually done ... check the date on the phone at the end. It's Sept. 9. That's the rumored date for the Sprint release. I just hope that Verizon is released some time close to that (preferably on the 8th as the Stratosphere).
    Stang68 likes this.
    08-23-2011 08:27 AM
    Like what is usually done ... check the date on the phone at the end. It's Sept. 9. That's the rumored date for the Sprint release. I just hope that Verizon is released some time close to that (preferably on the 8th as the Stratosphere).
    If 9/8 were to be the release of the Stratosphere (GS2), I would think that the commercial would have had that as the date instead of 9/9.
    08-23-2011 08:34 AM
    Wow... I'm thinking yay home button like the European version because the way he was holding it then out of nowhere at the end of the commercial those stupid four buttons came back lol...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    08-23-2011 08:34 AM
    If 9/8 were to be the release of the Stratosphere (GS2), I would think that the commercial would have had that as the date instead of 9/9.
    Yeah, I'd think so too. But, it's my wishful thinking taking over again.
    08-23-2011 08:42 AM
    The fact that they were really pushing the form factor in this ad tells me each carrier will (hopefully) be getting a slim version like that.

Edit: They showed a model with the standard American four capacitive buttons at the bottom. They actually showed it to us, woo!
    08-23-2011 08:52 AM
    Well, technically, the ad says "It will be big in America..."

I agree with you -- just thought it was a funny double entendre.
    08-23-2011 08:55 AM
    So perhaps the Stratosphere is a 4G slider than has nothing to do with the GS2. The Samsung Illusion was on the map for 9/29. It's listed as a 3G phone.

That seems to be the most likely scenario right now.
    08-23-2011 08:57 AM
    I'm with you on this one. Probably the first date. And non-VZW.

I was really wishing this device would hit Verizon early September, but I'm starting to get concerned that won't the be the case.
    08-23-2011 09:03 AM
    I'm with you on this one. Probably the first date. And non-VZW.

I was really wishing this device would hit Verizon early September, but I'm starting to get concerned that won't the be the case.
    If it doesn't, I'll just get the Prime.
    08-23-2011 09:06 AM
    If it doesn't, I'll just get the Prime.
    I can't hold out that long. I basically have a first (full) week of September cut off date. I've been waiting for too long.
    08-23-2011 09:10 AM
    I can't hold out that long. I basically have a first (full) week of September cut off date. I've been waiting for too long.
    I might suffer with the Droid until January if/when the Prime comes out. I'm not going to settle for the Bionic just because VZW is shoving it down my throat.
    Friend-O likes this.
    08-23-2011 09:16 AM
    Yeah, I don't know. I mean, if the GSII comes out the first week of September, then I will probably buy it outright and just sell it when the Prime hits lol.

Then again, if the GSII is only 3G, I won't be buying it. But at this point, I really think it will be 4G because you know the other 3 carriers will be marketing theirs as "4G".
    08-23-2011 09:24 AM
    Did anybody else notice that in the end of the video the GSII shown didnt have a home button

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    08-23-2011 09:46 AM
    I've been waiting for freaking forever. If the GSII falls early September (or really any time in September), and it's LTE, I'll get it. If it doesn't release then or doesn't have LTE, then I'll look at the Bionic and maybe the Prime. It'll really depend on what the current rumors/leaks/info points to. I really don't want to wait any longer, but if the GSII doesn't release soon, I've got to really re-think (again) what I'm gonna do.
    08-23-2011 09:48 AM
    Did anybody else notice that in the end of the video the GSII shown didnt have a home button

Yeah, that's definitely the US version they showed there. Here's hoping it comes to Verizon looking like that...and soon.
    08-23-2011 09:50 AM

Yes, it also had Kansas City as the location for the weather widget I believe. Which is where the Sprint Campus is. Just some added speculation. I am a VZW customer and have been waiting for an upgrade since January, so I definitely hope it is coming to VZW ASAP.
    08-23-2011 10:04 AM
    For those of you waiting for the Prime, what happens if, by off chance, it doesn't hit VZW?Also, you have to remember, the Prime launching in Oct/Nov doesn't mean VZW will get it at that time. I think you guys need to consider these things before deciding to wait on what is currently vaporware. By that time we will have the Bionic, SGSII, Droid HD, and the Vigor - all incredibly capable devices.
    08-23-2011 10:53 AM

I'm trying to figure out if that is a 4G icon at the top. I don't know what the 3G looks like versus the 4G.
    08-23-2011 11:06 AM
    I'm trying to figure out if that is a 4G icon at the top. I don't know what the 3G looks like versus the 4G.
    Well, we know the Sprint version is going to be 4G because the Galaxy S/Epic was last year.
    08-23-2011 11:26 AM

Yes I Did. Now if it has a notification LED it will be fully Americanized eh?
    Friend-O and xcalibur1011 like this.
    08-23-2011 02:29 PM
    My money says the phone image in the video is Sprint's variant. The volume rocker is the same as the leaked blurrycam pic from awhile back, which is very "Infusesque", and the date on the phone is that of the rumored Sprint release date. Who knows if the other carrier variants will look similar, but I really think we're looking at Sprint's right there.
    08-23-2011 02:56 PM
    Look familiar?
    08-23-2011 03:09 PM
    Look familiar?
    The Infuse 4G looks soo much like the GSII. People on AT&T really should'nt complain that they have to wait for the GSII, because of the Infuse lol. Also they can have the actual GSII too (if you can get past the ridiculous $600 price tag)

08-23-2011 08:17 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD