08-26-2011 06:18 AM
54 123
tools
    longest.week.ever. waiting for this Galaxy S II conference.

I just hope we know for sure after this if VZW will be getting it and when. I am sitting on my upgrade and want a new phone. Bionic will be my 2nd choice.
    My guess is we won't have a date for release. Samsung will announce the phone is coming and which carriers are getting it. "Coming soon to Verizon." Brace for it.
    08-24-2011 01:40 PM
    My guess is we won't have a date for release. Samsung will announce the phone is coming and which carriers are getting it. "Coming soon to Verizon." Brace for it.
    As long as I know either way if Verizon is getting it or not after Monday I will be happy. I think I will wait until the end of October for it, if it is announced.....anything after that I can't say for sure I wont make an impulse buy on another phone.
    08-24-2011 01:45 PM
    As a minimum, I want to know (1) whether it's coming to Verizon, and (2) if so, whether it will be LTE or not. If I get an answer to those questions, then I'll be good for maybe another week or so.

I'd also like to know release timeframe, but if I don't know the answers to the first two questions, then timeframe may not matter much. For instance, if we find out for sure that it's coming to Verizon and will be LTE, I'd be more out to wait for it, but not until Nov/Dec timeframe. I'd probably, at most, wait until Oct.
    08-24-2011 02:00 PM
    As a minimum, I want to know (1) whether it's coming to Verizon, and (2) if so, whether it will be LTE or not. If I get an answer to those questions, then I'll be good for maybe another week or so.

I'd also like to know release timeframe, but if I don't know the answers to the first two questions, then timeframe may not matter much. For instance, if we find out for sure that it's coming to Verizon and will be LTE, I'd be more out to wait for it, but not until Nov/Dec timeframe. I'd probably, at most, wait until Oct.
    We will most definitely know if it will be LTE next week because the phones will be on display, just like they were last year.
    DolfanCole likes this.
    08-24-2011 02:44 PM
    We will most definitely know if it will be LTE next week because the phones will be on display, just like they were last year.
    Thanks. I just started looking last year, but wasn't familiar with how things were presented for the 1st gen Galaxy S. If they do that again, that would definitely answer both questions that I have.
    08-24-2011 02:52 PM
    Bring it!!!
    08-24-2011 03:34 PM
    All of this waiting for a dual core LTE phone has burnt me out. I'm so over this.

Just going to start building my new PC instead. I'm excited. It's going to be a beast rig.
    drbugsmn likes this.
    08-24-2011 04:52 PM
    All of this waiting for a dual core LTE phone has burnt me out. I'm so over this.

Just going to start building my new PC instead. I'm excited. It's going to be a beast rig.
    Haha, I'm way ahead of you on that. Just bought my first tab, and have been looking around newegg for a gaming rig for BF3. Trying to keep my mind preoccupied with other things. SGSII excitement is getting rather dull around here.
    08-24-2011 04:58 PM
    Hmm anyone see an AC post in their RSS feed that mentioned the stratosphere coming on the 29th? (along with inf on the Bliss?) when i clicked the link i got errors, and the link to the source forums pulls up nothing either!
    08-24-2011 05:38 PM
    Hmm anyone see an AC post in their RSS feed that mentioned the stratosphere coming on the 29th? (along with inf on the Bliss?) when i clicked the link i got errors, and the link to the source forums pulls up nothing either!
    Some one trolled the forum with a fake picture of a Verizon map. The user said it was fake a few minutes after posting it and then proceeded to make fun of everyone. He was banned and the topic deleted.
    08-24-2011 05:45 PM
    You can bet it will be over 15 days from bionic and iPhone. They will not release phones this close because more returns. I will bet a kidney it won't be the same day as the bionic.
    08-24-2011 08:11 PM
    Nothing surprises me about Verizon. And with their so-called super strict testing period they still released the HTC Battery killer Bolt. So they are not below doing anything.
    I am so beyond a slider. Ugh! My OG Droid slide is most likely gonna break if I try to open it its been so long.
    08-25-2011 08:25 AM
    You do not have permission to fly the tower, I repeat, you do not have permission to fly the tower! Hopefully a GS2 will land, because what already is, is a class of super phones. Come on VZW, one more Sammy!
    08-25-2011 08:44 AM
    08-25-2011 12:52 PM
    0% chance

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    08-25-2011 01:14 PM
    What do you all think the chances are that VZW does not get the GS2? I was just over at droid life and they posted that there are rumors that VZW is skipping the GS2 in favor of the Nexus Prime.

Im not willing to switch carriers just for this phone, so I would be super upset if they dont get it.
    Pretty good hunch you had there...
    08-25-2011 01:20 PM
    100% chance.
    08-25-2011 01:40 PM
    95% chance

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    08-25-2011 02:52 PM
    Well... this thread is pretty awkward now, isn't it?
    Workodactyl likes this.
    08-25-2011 03:29 PM
    hahaha.. well said!
    08-25-2011 03:30 PM
    This is what I've been fearing.
    08-25-2011 03:36 PM
    LOL, well said. Not the first time I've been wrong, and won't be the last.

I wonder where CK has been. Maybe he had already heard this news/rumor and in disgust, flew off to Tibet to become a monk.
    08-25-2011 03:55 PM
    There's a better chance of Google starting their own wireless carrier and offering unlimited everything for $30 a month and selling all Android phones for no more than $100 than VZW not getting the GS2.
    Ouch
    eksplosions likes this.
    08-25-2011 05:44 PM
    I'm on Sprint and very upset you guys aren't getting it.
    08-25-2011 06:37 PM
    I'm on Sprint and very upset you guys aren't getting it.
    When I first read the news I was literally shell-shocked, because I was so sure that after all the 'delays,' Monday would be the day it was announced and I'd have a phone in the next few weeks.

Welp.
    08-25-2011 09:13 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD