Will there be an unlocked GSM version with AWS bands? I'm hearing that it will only be for Verizon.
    08-23-2011 02:34 PM
    Google will need to do that. It's a dev phone and the rest of the world uses GSM networks.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    08-23-2011 03:27 PM
    Nah, doubt Verizon will be the only carrier. They could be the first though. Either way, a GSM and CDMA/WiMax version are probably I'm the works.
    08-23-2011 03:44 PM
    they wouldnt release a dev phone to a carrier that uses CDMA and tell the rest of the world to screw.
    08-23-2011 03:46 PM
    they wouldnt release a dev phone to a carrier that uses CDMA and tell the rest of the world to screw.
    Palm did. Oh, wait...
    08-23-2011 05:54 PM
    Palm did. Oh, wait...
    and look what happend there!
    08-23-2011 08:25 PM
    are we sure it will be on vzw? if not im gonna pull the trigger on the bionic. im still on my d1 and really wanna upgrade
    08-25-2011 11:57 AM
    Google will need to do that. It's a dev phone and the rest of the world uses GSM networks.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Not sure if it will have AWS bands, since most GSM carriers don't use AWS. Still, the last two Nexus phones had AWS before AT&T bands. Just release a quintband phone with UMTS/HSPA 850/900/1700/1900/2100 bands.
    08-27-2011 10:51 PM
    The Nexus S will get Ice Cream Sandwich so what's the big deal? It's not like the Prime will be the only dev phone. Besides, I'm sure Verizon won't be the only carrier for long. I don't think it was a bad decision at all to go with Verizon though, they are the only major carrier in America with LTE up and running, and it's quickly becoming the global standard, and within a few years we will be ditching CMDA and GSM and will begin using LTE for voice and data, so if anything it would probably be more important for them to start familiarizing themselves with LTE. Also, are people forgetting about the original Droid? It was released very much in partnership with Google, with the newest (vanilla) version of Android on Verizon only, why does it seem so unlikely that a Nexus phone will launch on Verizon only?
    08-28-2011 12:33 PM
    The Nexus S will get Ice Cream Sandwich so what's the big deal? It's not like the Prime will be the only dev phone. Besides, I'm sure Verizon won't be the only carrier for long. I don't think it was a bad decision at all to go with Verizon though, they are the only major carrier in America with LTE up and running, and it's quickly becoming the global standard, and within a few years we will be ditching CMDA and GSM and will begin using LTE for voice and data, so if anything it would probably be more important for them to start familiarizing themselves with LTE. Also, are people forgetting about the original Droid? It was released very much in partnership with Google, with the newest (vanilla) version of Android on Verizon only, why does it seem so unlikely that a Nexus phone will launch on Verizon only?
    i can be wrong so don't kill me for it but didn't the the original Droid still had Verizon bloatware install in it. to me the Nexus Prime should just not be treated a developer phone but also make it looks beautiful.
    08-28-2011 01:40 PM
    No. The Motorola Milestone was the same device, but a GSM version.
    08-30-2011 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD