Verizon Apparently not offering Galaxy S II

mrmurdstone

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So Rumor confirmed or confirmed rumor?

Maybe Verizon figures the Nexus Prime is their version of the S2? The specs are close enough that this could be the answer.

Reactions: Johnly

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'll wait to hear on Monday, but this defies all logic if true. The largest US carrier not wanting to carry the best selling phone in the world. Hmm ... Just beyond stupid. If true, I will seriously consider going to Sprint. Never had I even envisioned entertaining the thought. But, this would make me do it.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
WTF?!? Verizon just keeps getting better and better...

If this turns out to be true you would have to be a moron to wait for the "Nexus Prime." If the phone even exists there's nothing to suggest that Verizon won't block it.

Let them have the Charge if they don't like it? What an idiotic statement.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
*IF* this is true, I probably won't wait for the Prime. I will go with the Moto phone being released in September for sure.....

I hope this is not true, I would rather have 2 phones to choose from.

My last 3 devices have been Moto, but I would definitely consider the GS2 if released on VZW with LTE.

drbugsmn

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
So Rumor confirmed or confirmed rumor?

Maybe Verizon figures the Nexus Prime is their version of the S2? The specs are close enough that this could be the answer.

It's interesting you mention the prime, as I found This link that says the prime is the successor to the GS2 I don't know how credible the source is but it was something I was wondering about if Prime was really going to verizon. If the original link is true, it makes me think that the prime is a good contender on verizon after all.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
It's like the iPhone fiasco all over again.... Wtf is VZW thinking. I hope they announce the prime on Monday. If not and the Bionic is a flop for me, I might go att for my gs2. Maybe even back to sprint.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
If this turns out to be true you would have to be a moron to wait for the "Nexus Prime." If the phone even exists there's nothing to suggest that Verizon won't block it.

Let them have the Charge if they don't like it? What an idiotic statement.

that's a pretty bold statement, and one i'm assuming is made out of (justifiable) anger. many believe, and it could very well be true, that the Prime coming to VZW is the very reason they aren't going to offer the GS2. this would actually make some sense, inasmuch as the Prime and GS2 are both Sammy phones, with very similar specs - except the Prime would actually be better spec'ed out (LTE, new HD screen, newer OS)

for me, the GS2 was in 3rd place on my priority list, behind the Prime and DHD, and tied with Bionic. but, i can certainly understand the disappointment in not having this device as an option on VZW.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
that's a pretty bold statement, and one i'm assuming is made out of (justifiable) anger. many believe, and it could very well be true, that the Prime coming to VZW is the very reason they aren't going to offer the GS2. this would actually make some sense, inasmuch as the Prime and GS2 are both Sammy phones, with very similar specs - except the Prime would actually be better spec'ed out (LTE, new HD screen, newer OS)

for me, the GS2 was in 3rd place on my priority list, behind the Prime and DHD, and tied with Bionic. but, i can certainly understand the disappointment in not having this device as an option on VZW.

If you're willing to wait until January. The last roadmap (which has been correct so far) shows that phone coming out in January. A four month wait is why they're not going with the GS2?

DashShiron

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, hopefully this means that the Bionic Vs GSII debates will stop. Makes my decision easier, root for the Droid 3 and the potential of an unlocked bootloader in November just seals the deal.

Reactions: EggoEspada

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
If you're willing to wait until January. The last roadmap (which has been correct so far) shows that phone coming out in January. A four month wait is why they're not going with the GS2?

which roadmap is that? i didn't think the Prime had even popped up on any roadmaps yet. everything i've seen points to a Nov, or possibly Dec, release.