08-31-2011 02:03 PM
143 ... 3456
tools
    Man, I was holding out for this or the Bionic...
    08-26-2011 09:07 AM
    Complaining about the amount of an ETF is low-class. Sorry, that's just my opinion. If you're not responsible enough to know whether or not you'll be able to afford the service for the two years then you might as well go to Metro PCS or Virgin. That's what they're for.
    If you happen to be too obsessive compulsive or spoiled to where you have to have exactly what you want or else, then that's a whole other issue entirely.
    The fact that the service in your area is starting to suck is more than justified.
    Bloatware? Seriously?
    And why should you care whether there's unlimited data as you use wifi half the time. It's extremely expensive to maintain the data network when there are idiots like me hogging the crap out of it.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE
    I wouldn't even be discussing this whatsoever if I couldn't afford it. I know what sacrifices must be made and when. Sitting debt free with a family of 4 and a house that will be paid off in 10 years as well is testament to that so please don't insult my financial intelligence. Everyone has their reasons. I choose not to be nickel and dimed and just take it when there is nothing to be had for me. And yes bloatware. Seriously. I don't plan on rooting my next phone and I don't want crap on my phone that I won't use. Even though half my data is on wifi I still use more than 2 gb half the time so ATT is also out of the question. It awes me you don't find any of these practices by Verizon bothersome in the least. Would charging 350 or 400 subsidized for a new phone with a two year contract bother you? What's to stop them?
    08-26-2011 10:13 AM
    The fact that it's not coming out at all nullifies that whole thing. As far as I knew it was supposed to come out and have LTE. But this whole thing is really a change for the better.

Ha, not really. The GS2 won't have LTE. There's no LTE GS2. End.

And honestly, I'm just giving you a hard time since you kept telling me about how you KNEW (in all caps) that it was getting LTE and were acting really cocky about it. I don't actually expect you to delete your profile. All in good fun my friend.
    08-26-2011 10:31 AM
    I have absolutely no idea why anyone would buy a Charge right now with the Bionic on the way and other promising phones a few months after.
    08-26-2011 10:40 AM
    I have absolutely no idea why anyone would buy a Charge right now with the Bionic on the way and other promising phones a few months after.
    A couple of reasons that I can think of are: SAMOLED+ vs. Pentile and Open vs. Closed.
    08-26-2011 10:47 AM
    Complaining about the amount of an ETF is low-class. Sorry, that's just my opinion. If you're not responsible enough to know whether or not you'll be able to afford the service for the two years then you might as well go to Metro PCS or Virgin. That's what they're for.
    If you happen to be too obsessive compulsive or spoiled to where you have to have exactly what you want or else, then that's a whole other issue entirely.
    The fact that the service in your area is starting to suck is more than justified.
    Bloatware? Seriously?
    And why should you care whether there's unlimited data as you use wifi half the time. It's extremely expensive to maintain the data network when there are idiots like me hogging the crap out of it.

Tsk tsk oh dear. Low class indeed. He is not good enough. But that's fine. Only the Elite Higher than Him class like us can afford cell phones that are made of platinum, and run on sunshine dust and rainbows.... Lmao

You do realize that the majority of VZW users feel kind of jaded over verizons changes right? I don't mind the etf as much because it is like paying retail instead of subsidized pricing. But some of the moves VZW has made recently are punishing customers. The sad thing is that it punishes new customers instead of the abusers that are already on the network.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-26-2011 11:03 AM
    Ha, not really. The GS2 won't have LTE. There's no LTE GS2. End.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/lte-ca...celox-surfaces

Say whaaaaaaaat?
    08-26-2011 11:24 AM
    Ha, yeah. That actually is really funny, this is why you never say anything in stone.

To be clear, we were talking about the VZW GS2, not any GS2.
    08-26-2011 12:16 PM
    Don't get your hopes up. Until you hear LTE + cdma, it ain't VZW.
    08-26-2011 12:35 PM
    And I was sure that they were going to release a SGS2 on VZW but as a 3G phone. Shows what I know. LOL
    08-26-2011 12:42 PM
    And I was sure that they were going to release a SGS2 on VZW but as a 3G phone. Shows what I know. LOL
    It would have sold too. Unless vzw planned on having lte rolled out and the nation fully covered within two years they missed out. But I'm guessing that they have thought about that already by crunching numbers on where to roll out and compared that to who is ready for upgrade.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-26-2011 01:26 PM
    Perhaps that's why they decided not to release it. Who knows.
    08-26-2011 02:06 PM
    Should this whole VZW S2 forum be closed since it does not exist???
    08-26-2011 02:14 PM
    Don't get your hopes up. Until you hear LTE + cdma, it ain't VZW.
    Hehe I know. I was just poking at "nrk" a little bit for making such an absolute statement, even though I knew what he really meant. The Celox has Asia/Europe LTE bands.
    08-26-2011 02:57 PM
    Yeah I'd imagine the guys at AC will close this forum down some time next month. Sad really. The Verizon forums always get most of the activity. I guess I'll have to lurk the Bionic forum again. *sadface*
    08-26-2011 03:00 PM
    I think we all need some time to grieve first...

And this forum could also be used to discuss whatever Verizon is passing the GS2 up for. I really don't think we'll be any worse off without the GS2. I'm sure there will be something with better hardware shortly down the road. Maybe a slightly longer wait, but hopefully it will be worth it.
    08-26-2011 03:12 PM
    A couple of reasons that I can think of are: SAMOLED+ vs. Pentile and Open vs. Closed.
    Eh, I guess. A pretty rash move still. Why not wait a few weeks to see the Bionic in person. I also did not limit my statement to the Bionic. Locking yourself down for 2 years on last year's tech has buyer's remorse written all over it.

To be honest, the SGSII we all know and love was not what would have been given to us anyway. No Exynos, no LTE, and who knows what else would have also been stripped out. Had they left everything but the form factor alone, I would be sad. Otherwise, I am okay with this as long as they somehow make it up.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    08-26-2011 04:51 PM
    Eh, I guess. A pretty rash move still. Why not wait a few weeks to see the Bionic in person. I also did not limit my statement to the Bionic. Locking yourself down for 2 years on last year's tech has buyer's remorse written all over it.

To be honest, the SGSII we all know and love was not what would have been given to us anyway. No Exynos, no LTE, and who knows what else would have also been stripped out. Had they left everything but the form factor alone, I would be sad. Otherwise, I am okay with this as long as they somehow make it up.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    I agree. But it's all in what people value most. I wouldn't consider the Charge over the Bionic. I was just throwing things out there that people have indicated they value, so much so that they outweigh having the latest technology.

I do hope too that there is some grand scheme here that we don't know about yet that'll make us not miss not having the GSII on Verizon. But it better come soon.
    08-26-2011 05:16 PM
    I guess i'm either gonna get the Bionic or that Sammy LTE slider if its any good

Sent from my ADR6300 via Tapatalk
    08-26-2011 05:19 PM
    While I don't have Verizon, I can honestly say when I saw the advertisement pic today with only 3 carriers I was disappointed. Anybody on the big 4 carriers of the U.S. deserved to own this phone especially when we were all anticipating it so much by rummaging the Internet for details daily ever since this phone was shown off at the beginning of the year. And with them cutting a limb off the "carrier body", there's a huge chunk of support and guidance that will disappear here on the forum. Your section has a great deal of activity and some very knowledgable fellows to say the least. They did say that there will be a device very similar to the S2 so I do hope that comes fast for you guys and that the interface will be extremely similar for all our sakes and enjoyment. condolences Vz guys.
    08-26-2011 09:25 PM
    Well, i'm glad that I got the Tbolt before they changed to usage-based-data-plan. I waited for GS2 since it came out in Korea, but had to jump in to lock the unlimited data plan deal. If I had chosen to wait for GS2 instead, I'd be crying my heart out right now lol. I was going to wait for GS3 anyways when I decided to get the Tbolt. so.....:bye bye GS2
    08-26-2011 10:18 PM
    While I don't have Verizon, I can honestly say when I saw the advertisement pic today with only 3 carriers I was disappointed. Anybody on the big 4 carriers of the U.S. deserved to own this phone especially when we were all anticipating it so much by rummaging the Internet for details daily ever since this phone was shown off at the beginning of the year. And with them cutting a limb off the "carrier body", there's a huge chunk of support and guidance that will disappear here on the forum. Your section has a great deal of activity and some very knowledgable fellows to say the least. They did say that there will be a device very similar to the S2 so I do hope that comes fast for you guys and that the interface will be extremely similar for all our sakes and enjoyment. condolences Vz guys.
    I really appreciate what you have to say here and I'm sure everyone feels the same. VZW and samsung definitely lost a lot of sales for sure by going this route. I guess I'm in the minority but there are a few others that have at least considered going to Sprint to get it, so there should be some people on the sprint gs2 forum anyway.
    08-26-2011 11:59 PM
    Well, i'm glad that I got the Tbolt before they changed to usage-based-data-plan. I waited for GS2 since it came out in Korea, but had to jump in to lock the unlimited data plan deal. If I had chosen to wait for GS2 instead, I'd be crying my heart out right now lol. I was going to wait for GS3 anyways when I decided to get the Tbolt. so.....:bye bye GS2
    Technically you didn't have to do that. I am still waiting for either the Bionic, Vigor or Prime and I have yet to own my first smart phone. The phone I have right now is definitely classified as "stupid", but the day before the switch to a tired plan I added unlimited data to my account. I figured that it would be worth it to pay the $30 per month for two/three months so that I could have it when I actually get my phone. I also made sure to ask two separate reps at VZW's call center as well as an in store rep and have them put it in writing on my account that my unlimited plan would not be removed or changed when I upgraded to my new phone. I am sure that I will have to argue a bit to make sure it is not removed, but I expected them to be sneaky and try to con me out of it.

When it comes down to it I am actually not as upset about this as I was previously. The SGSII that we I fell in love with never actually existed. I guess I got so worked up in what I thought VZW should do that I never really realized that a SGSII with LTE etc. never really existed. If the phone was going to release as a 3G phone I honestly would never have purchased it and therefor I am not that upset. With the very promising news of the Vigor and Prime (a bit more vague), I almost feel like this was all for the best because I will end up with a phone that is potentially much better.

TYou do realize that the majority of VZW users feel kind of jaded over verizons changes right? I don't mind the etf as much because it is like paying retail instead of subsidized pricing. But some of the moves VZW has made recently are punishing customers. The sad thing is that it punishes new customers instead of the abusers that are already on the network.
    Yeah even though I wouldn't switch I have actually become increasingly angry with the way that VZW seems to be treating their customers. I honestly don't care at all about ETF because when you sign a legally binding agreement you should be held to that IMHO. The main things that really make me angry are the small things they try to sneak past you. I was very pissed when they removed the new every two plan (and even more pissed when I found out the NE2 upgrade I already had was going to expire) and how they are intentionally increasing the prices of phones (when the retail price isn't changing). I was also really angry about the shady and backhanded things they did with the Thunderbolt's hotspot capabilities. They intentionally extended the free trial period and blocked thunderbolt owners from signing up for unlimited mobile hotspot. Now every thunderbolt user has to sacrifice his/her unlimited data plan in order to "legally" tether. The tether situation in general is just very frustrating considering how much you pay for your data. Even if I have unlimited data I should be allowed to do whatever the hell I want with it as long as I stay below a reasonable number (say 1-ish Gb of tethered data). I agree that it can get ridiculous and people abuse it, but as it stands currently I am not allowed to use even 1mb of data with tethering. Punish the people who abuse the network, don't punish every single person who uses it.

Well this is really starting to turn into a rant so I think its time to go do something else lol
    08-27-2011 12:02 AM
    I will be switching to Verizon once I get my financial aid money and was super excited for te SGSII. I'm still hoping Verizon gets it but I doubt it after seeing that picture. I'm currently with T-Mobile but Verizon gets better service around here and is 4G here. I guess I'll be ending up with a Charge, which is still good. Or I'll look at the sliders if it's like the SGSII, even though I don't want a keyboard.
    08-27-2011 12:46 AM
    Verizon is a service god.
    08-27-2011 12:51 AM
143 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD