08-31-2011 02:03 PM
143 ... 456
tools
    That's what I've heard/seen. Plus my girlfriend will get a 17% discount through her work so it's tough not to go to Verizon.

If Verizon isn't coming out with a similar/new Samsung device then I'd really love a reason they thought they shouldn't sell this.
    08-27-2011 12:58 AM
    Verizon's plans from here on is simple. Any. Phone that would be consider a high range phone, like the bionic or the SGS2 will have to have LTE. The only reason the Droid 3 doesn't have it probably is because it was so far along that they just released it. Why have the network and continue put out 3g phones.
    08-27-2011 06:42 AM
    According to this article, the Samsung Galaxy S II will only come out on AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint.
    Samsung Galaxy S II battles iPhone without Verizon - MarketWatch
    Because they are getting Nexus Prime instead

(probably mentioned somewhere else in this thread)
    08-27-2011 08:42 AM
    At first I was disappointed to hear the Galaxy S II wasnt coming to vzw when I read it on twitter.But hearing the Nexus Prime "hopefully will" has me waiting to see .
    If it doesnt(or someother topend android phone) I might leave vzw this coming june(2012)
    08-27-2011 09:34 AM
    You do realize that the majority of VZW users feel kind of jaded over verizons changes right? I don't mind the etf as much because it is like paying retail instead of subsidized pricing. But some of the moves VZW has made recently are punishing customers. The sad thing is that it punishes new customers instead of the abusers that are already on the network.
    ^^^ QFT. I am currently a Verizon customer with a 2 year old feature phone (Samsung Alias 2) looking to join the smartphone community. So what does Verizon do? They drop the unlimited data option for people like me, and raise the pricing of their top-tier smartphones to $299 on contract. Tell me again why I should stick with Verizon? I get excellent Sprint coverage in my area, can get unlimited data, and their top-tier smartphones are $199 on contract.

It almost seems like Verizon is making a concerted effort to lose me as a customer.
    08-27-2011 09:38 AM
    ^^^ QFT. I am currently a Verizon customer with a 2 year old feature phone (Samsung Alias 2) looking to join the smartphone community. So what does Verizon do? They drop the unlimited data option for people like me, and raise the pricing of their top-tier smartphones to $299 on contract. Tell me again why I should stick with Verizon? I get excellent Sprint coverage in my area, can get unlimited data, and their top-tier smartphones are $199 on contract.

It almost seems like Verizon is making a concerted effort to lose me as a customer.
    Good point. I forgot about that. I had a smartphone for a long time,so I didn't even think about the people without them. My bad. I should have said new smartphone customers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-27-2011 10:55 AM

I don't think anyone here is not allowing you to switch.
    AZDROIDX likes this.
    08-27-2011 11:36 AM

So go to Sprint...who cares. They're working on splitting the bill with someone else for an LTE network. You're lucky that the rest of the country gets awful service so that they can give top tier phones away for $100 less.

Also $299 for top tier phones is nothing new. The Droid 1 was $299

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE
    AZDROIDX likes this.
    08-27-2011 01:14 PM
    I don't think anyone here is not allowing you to switch.
    That's not the point. I feel like Verizon is punishing me for something I had no hand in causing. They should have targeted the data abusers and charged them more money instead of giving them a free pass to continue to do what they do because of a "grandfather" clause. Instead they put a cap on the amount of data I could use each month because I am a current feature phone customer who wants a new smartphone.

Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

The fact that the Galaxy S II is not coming to Verizon now makes my decision to bolt from their extremely poor customer retaining pricing structure even more palatable.
    08-27-2011 08:30 PM
    So go to Sprint...who cares. They're working on splitting the bill with someone else for an LTE network. You're lucky that the rest of the country gets awful service so that they can give top tier phones away for $100 less.

The Droid 1 was $199. I should know, I bought one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-28-2011 12:59 AM

dont worry, we actually take care of customers at sprint, not gouge them through the roof with data caps,overpriced phones and overpriced everything...

when sprint gets the iphone kiss more vzw customers goodbye as well/.
    08-28-2011 02:19 AM
    dont worry, we actually take care of customers at sprint, not gouge them through the roof with data caps,overpriced phones and overpriced everything...

yeah offering cheaper phones to get them to come to a crappy network? seems fair..lol "hey we aren't like big red at all, we won't cap you (because you won't get enought coverage to use anywhere close to any cap we could give you anyway lol)"

thought this thread was about the lack of the GS2 on verizon, not why you should get an awesome paperweight from sprint... just saying.
    AZDROIDX likes this.
    08-28-2011 02:51 AM

Roflmao when I had sprint 5yrs ago, their customer service was horrible.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    AZDROIDX likes this.
    08-28-2011 03:24 AM
    According to this article, the Samsung Galaxy S II will only come out on AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint.
    Samsung Galaxy S II battles iPhone without Verizon - MarketWatch
    Man, I hope that's true! I hate Samsung!
    AZDROIDX likes this.
    08-28-2011 07:24 AM
    The Droid 1 was $199. I should know, I bought one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No, it was $299.99 and then there was a $100 online discount, Mr. iPad! You disgust me.
    AZDROIDX likes this.
    08-28-2011 12:59 PM
    No, it was $299.99 and then there was a $100 online discount, Mr. iPad! You disgust me.
    That sounds like $199 to me. I bought one for $199 as well. Higher prices for less service is what VZW is all about. Verizon has been resting on their supposed "service" too long. I've had VZW for almost ten years and its gone down hill. I need a network extender in my house just to get 1X and then I still get dropped calls and hour long delays on SMS. It happens on all my phones.

Folks with Sprint get just fine reception in area. Plus Sprint has better phones, lower rates, family data plans with more minutes for less $$. Just sayin'

The point is - Yes VZW decided not to get the SG2. So switch to Sprint already!
    08-29-2011 08:17 AM
    That sounds like $199 to me. I bought one for $199 as well. Higher prices for less service is what VZW is all about. Verizon has been resting on their supposed "service" too long. I've had VZW for almost ten years and its gone down hill. I need a network extender in my house just to get 1X and then I still get dropped calls and hour long delays on SMS. It happens on all my phones.

Folks with Sprint get just fine reception in area. Plus Sprint has better phones, lower rates, family data plans with more minutes for less $$. Just sayin'

The point is - Yes VZW decided not to get the SG2. So switch to Sprint already!
    I got the OG Droid for $99 with the online discount and the NE2 discount. Not too bad.
    08-29-2011 09:07 AM
    so far i hate Verizon. i should have never left AT&T.
    08-31-2011 02:03 PM
143 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD