08-26-2011 06:52 PM
32 12
    The Nexus is a showcase of the latest HW/SW synergies for Android and as such it would have to embrace LTE 4G which is global. Since Verizon is the only US carrier which has deployed LTE it is the likely candidate to show off ICS, dualcore, AMOLED HD on a iPhone crushing device.

Pricing? Battery Life? Slimness? Weight? are all questions that will determine the success.

The HD display will be more than competitive to iPhones retina display and hopefully Samsungs AMOLED gives the Nexus a battery life edge.

If this phone is using a next gen Snapdragon Krait SoC that would be awesome but OMAP 4 is more likely and possibly a custom nextgen Samsung SoC
    08-26-2011 04:12 AM
    That's probably a lot of people's hopes in this case. I know that's what I'm hoping for, since the SGSII isn't heading my way now.
    08-26-2011 10:05 AM
    Why does T-Mobile, the worst carrier in the continental US, deserve Nexus first?

Their crappy data and crappy voice puts them 3rd in line IMO.

Just sucks the main Nexus carrier T-Mobile, will get the shaft from Verizon. T-Mobile should first in line with selling the Nexus-Three/Prime, and then Sprint the second new Nexus carrier. Verizon should be third on the list to sell the Nexus-Three.

If Verizon gets the Nexus-Three first, and T-Mobile and Sprint don't, that would be like ATT not getting the iPhone5 at launch.
    08-26-2011 10:55 AM
    I don't think the Nexus is a showcase of anything considering they don't sell very well. The first was a flop due to how Google wanted to sell the thing (and only having one carrier on board), and the release timing for the Nexus S was just awful.... 9 days before Christmas. This is the first time that a Nexus phone has really been able to lead the pack since it will, hopefully: be on all carriers, be launching with specs that aren't months old (kinda), and is actually launching a huge new iteration of Android firmware. Everyone needs to get behind this with marketing, or I think they will miss the best opportunity they've had thus far to attach some quality credibility to the Nexus line in the eyes of 90% of the consumers.
    08-26-2011 11:42 AM
    Very nice. You made an account just to post that and I made an account just to like your post (and click your link). Ah, well. I've been wandering around here for long enough. Hopefully that letter is real. My OG Droid is on it's last leg and I won't settle for a non worthy phone.
    i.e. Droid Bionic
    Couldn't agree more, we (like countless others) are in the same situation with an OG Droid update just waiting to be used. As I frequently travel abroad for business, a Verizon dual-core smartphone with global capabilities would be a sight for sore eyes. But I'm not holding my breath on that one. I had been planning on buying the Bionic for months now, but due to rumors about vastly superior devices like the Prime on the horizon I will gladly wait and see how everything pans out.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. This forum truly is the premier resource for all things Android, solely due to the knowledge and persistence of the AC community. I'm happy to be a part of it.
    joeln likes this.
    08-26-2011 01:33 PM
    I want to believe this will be on Verizon, but the whole SGSII debacle has left me wary. I'll start to believe when we get some more solid info. I'm just hoping Verizon isn't playing with us again.
    08-26-2011 05:36 PM
    I'd like to believe that Verizon passed on the Galaxy S II because they'll be carrying the Nexus Prime in its place. It makes sense to me. Wicked powerful hardware, ICS, possibly new screen technology (and higher resolution than anything else available), etc. Seems like the perfect phone for Verizon to market the crap out of, especially if it's LTE. But I can't be certain what Verizon intends to do. It seems odd that they'd push the Bionic, only to abandon it a month or two later in favor of the Nexus Prime. Then again, maybe Verizon would do that. All I know for sure is that there are way too many cool phones coming and I have way too little money.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    08-26-2011 06:52 PM
32 12