Prime to be replacement for SG2?

drbugsmn

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
According to this link the GT-I9250 aka Nexus Prime is supposed to be the successor to the GS2. I didn't think much of it this morning until I saw the link in the SG2 forums that the SG2 will not be coming to Verizon. I'm thinking that if the above links are true, that would make the case for the prime being on verizon a better possibility.

I don't know how good the moneycontrol link is so take a grain of salt with it, but it is interesting speculation.

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
According to this link the GT-I9250 aka Nexus Prime is supposed to be the successor to the GS2. I didn't think much of it this morning until I saw the link in the SG2 forums that the SG2 will not be coming to Verizon. I'm thinking that if the above links are true, that would make the case for the prime being on verizon a better possibility.

I don't know how good the moneycontrol link is so take a grain of salt with it, but it is interesting speculation.
The Prime isn't meant to take the place of the SGSII, just like the Nexus S wasn't meant to replace the 1st SGS. That link is wack. However, that's what I was thinking when I heard the news about Verizon not picking up the SGSII. Maybe they didn't want a high end Samsung phone to cause confusion with customers when it came to the Samsung-made Nexus Prime.

jamor

Banned
Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
My thoughts are that the SGS2 on Verizon was cancelled because the Nexus Prime is going to be a Samsung on Verizon.

It definitely makes a lot of sense. Samsung wouldn't be able to have 2 dual core/LTE phones released in the same quarter on Verizon.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Someone help me decipher P3droid's twitter comments from today. Dunno if he's dispelling or confirming rumors that the Prime exists.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Someone help me decipher P3droid's twitter comments from today. Dunno if he's dispelling or confirming rumors that the Prime exists.

as i understand it, he's saying that the reason vzw isn't getting the GS2 is because of the Prime (ie, the "Nice Phone"), but he can't comment about it directly (and directly confirm its existence) because of the threats Sammy recently leveled at him.

i don't think the Prime is intended as a replacement/upgrade to the GS2 - it's just that vzw (hopefully) is going to feature the Prime instead of the GS2.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
as i understand it, he's saying that the reason vzw isn't getting the GS2 is because of the Prime (ie, the "Nice Phone"), but he can't comment about it directly (and directly confirm its existence) because of the threats Sammy recently leveled at him.

i don't think the Prime is intended as a replacement/upgrade to the GS2 - it's just that vzw (hopefully) is going to feature the Prime instead of the GS2.
OMG i just realized he typed "NicePhone" ("N" and "P" capitalized). Meaning NEXUS PRIME. I feel so smarts! :p
Edit: NottaPhone ("N" and "P" capitalized) was also a reference to the nexus prime as well

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
My thoughts are that the SGS2 on Verizon was cancelled because the Nexus Prime is going to be a Samsung on Verizon.

It definitely makes a lot of sense. Samsung wouldn't be able to have 2 dual core/LTE phones released in the same quarter on Verizon.

Yep I thought the exact same thing, wouldn't make sense for the to do that so hopefully the Prime will indeed be out in a couple months.

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
When the nexus one came out it was supposed to go to verizon too, It was "coming soon" for quite a while. Soon it was replaced with the droid incredible which had similar specs. It also seems the like a poor decision to release the nexusS on verizon with no LTE when that is what this year is all about for them. fast forward to today and verizon isnt getting the SGSII because its getting......... A Samsung made NexusSII / NexusPrime4g???

Last edited:

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
So the two main Nexus carriers; T-Mobile and Sprint wont get the Nexus-Three only Verizon ? That sucks would be like ATT not getting the iPhone5.

KittenMittens

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
So the two main Nexus carriers; T-Mobile and Sprint wont get the Nexus-Three only Verizon ? That sucks would be like ATT not getting the iPhone5.

If the Nexus Prime has LTE, which I think is most likely the case, I would imagine it would be less likely for other carriers to get it at the same time alongside Verizon, but I doubt Verizon will be the only carrier for long.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I also feel that Verizon passing on the S2 suggests that they are getting the Prime. Probably felt that the phones had too many similarities and felt that it would be better to go with the more powerful phone. I also want to believe that this means it will be out by the end of November. If it comes out much later than that then I feel that Verizon could have had the S2 as well.

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
This is my first post, even though I have been a long time observer. Thought this link might be relevant to today's news, and helps to validate the existence of the rumored Nexus Prime.

Samsung accidentally confirms the Nexus Prime?

Very nice. You made an account just to post that and I made an account just to like your post (and click your link). Ah, well. I've been wandering around here for long enough. Hopefully that letter is real. My OG Droid is on it's last leg and I won't settle for a non worthy phone.
i.e. Droid Bionic

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams