Samsung Accidentally Confirms the Nexus Prime?!

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
this was originally posted by kieelo in another thread, but i thought it warranted some additional focus. i don't know if this is the letter that was sent to p3droid or not.

Samsung accidentally confirms the Nexus Prime?
Aug. 25, 2011 (5:09 pm) By: Russell Holly

The Nexus line of phones have been widely likened to the iPhone when it comes to the wealth of speculation, rumors, and general obsession over the upcoming release of those devices. With the next version of the both of these prolific devices on the way, details are slowly leaking out from everywhere just waiting to be confirmed or denied. Many of the things that come out, like the fabricated iPhone 5 website or news that the Nexus S was being made by LG are prime examples of this.

Maybe it’s greed, maybe it’s for that brief moment in the spotlight, but some of these rumors are just plain made up. However, when the manufacturer of the device opts to send you a Cease and Desist for claiming you have things that shouldn’t be public yet, they have to be careful that they aren’t actually confirming the rumor that was being fought in the first place.

While attempting to squash a rumored leak of the firmware for Samsung’s upcoming wonderphone, the legal team at Samsung accidentally seems to have confirmed that the device is in fact the Nexus Prime and is, in fact, being made by Samsung. With that speculation out of the way, now we can focus on the important things, like what it will have under the hood and which network it will be on. It’s clear that Samsung is getting closer and closer to a release with Google, and so far the majority of the rumors are pointing towards an October Release on Verizon Wireless, but sadly there’s not a Cease and Desist email to verify that.

A Nexus Prime by Samsung has a lot of possibilities. Will we be looking at a 4-inch phone, 4.3-inch, or a 4.5-inch one? Will it use Samsung’s new Super Clear LCD or will it have Super AMOLED HD? Will it run one of Samsung’s Exynos dual core processors, or have Samsung and Google partnered up with nVidia? Since Samsung also made the Nexus S, can we assume NFC will be enabled? What about some of the other rumors we’ve heard about Android @ Home, Facial recognition software, or Qi inductive charging?

Everything is up in the air right now but all of these things are possible with Samsung driving the Nexus Car.

Source: http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/samsung-accidentally-confirmed-the-nexus-prime-20110825/

Geikamir

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I slightly skeptical, and for a bit of an odd reason, at that. This is the definition of nitpicking, but I think that makes the email a tad suspicious. Ok, now stick with me for this one.

The last sentence of the letter starts off saying: "By this letter, your are also put on notice of..."

"...your are also..."

I was under the impression that these types of letters were pre-made by lawyers with space to fill in the gaps with the relevant subject matter. And if not, you would think they would have been proof-read many many times to make sure they were within their legal boundaries. How can such an obvious typo make it through? I spotted it instantly.

And yes, I know I know, that's nothing even in the realm of proof. I'm not saying it is actually fake, but that it could be. I just thought I'd point it out for those interested.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
valid point. but, i'm a lawyer, and i can't tell you how many times mistakes like this are missed because they aren't caught by spell check - i.e., "your" is an actual word, and wouldn't be caught.