09-03-2011 08:35 PM
33 12
tools
    Hopefully they use palm's old graphic designer to help and design ICS. I think he helped with honeycomb and that turned out to be the best looking tablet os,IMO.

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads
    08-29-2011 02:29 PM
    My image of ICS is anything that retains the capacitive button functionality. I can't see a phone with no capacitive buttons being especially usable.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind a better default dialer and music player.
    I kinda hope that they keep the buttons too. If the buttons have to be somewhere on the screen all the time for it to function I am not sure what the advantage is against having hardware buttons. But then if it is going to be 4.6' screen AND the buttons that would make the device too large to operate comfortably.
    09-02-2011 08:26 PM
    I think there will be a separate "touch bar" near the bottom of the device which doesnt cut into the phones display like on honeycomb. It can display different buttons and action based on functions of current open app in full color. There will be a multitasking button there at all times. It would be cool to hold down on a picture or page then on the "touch area" up pops most common options to share with Facebook, Google+, gmail, etc.
    You basically described what the continuum should have been.
    09-02-2011 10:51 PM
    I kinda hope that they keep the buttons too. If the buttons have to be somewhere on the screen all the time for it to function I am not sure what the advantage is against having hardware buttons. But then if it is going to be 4.6' screen AND the buttons that would make the device too large to operate comfortably.
    Well if they go with on screen buttons they should make them able to be called upon on demand, possibly by a swipe up and down gesture at the bottom of the phone. That would be neat I think.
    EggoEspada likes this.
    09-03-2011 01:31 AM
    Well if they go with on screen buttons they should make them able to be called upon on demand, possibly by a swipe up and down gesture at the bottom of the phone. That would be neat I think.
    Really cool idea.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.
    09-03-2011 04:37 AM
    I have put though into this and believe the controls might be gesture based rather thatn constantly in place with tablets. It might turn put similar to WebOS, which wouldn't surprise me considering Matias Duarte is behind Android's design.

Sent from my ADR6400L
    09-03-2011 08:43 AM
    If ICS is suppose to know what kind of device its on and adjust to it then it might read that the phone doesn't have physical buttons and keep the buttons on screen constantly. i don't think it would be that much of a big deal since we look at the buttons now. If not then a extra button key on the side to bring up the onscreen buttons.
    Maybe they will bring back the track ball from the Nexus1 lol.
    09-03-2011 11:49 AM
    I prefer gingerbread over sense, touchwiz, motoblur, etc. I just grab another launcher and go to town. My battery lasts all day, and my phone is fast. That said, ics is going to rock

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    09-03-2011 08:35 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD