Your Image of Ice Cream Sandwich

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Like many of you, I am extremely excited for android 4.0 ICS. I cant help but imagine what it will be like. I kind of hope the leaked screenshots are fake as it looks like gingerbread. I really want a new UI that will just make ios and wp7 users shut up with aw. I also hope for everything like transitions, to be hardware excelerated. So, what dou guys think ICS will be like? What new features do u want and/or are looking forward to? What do u think the new UI will be like, if there even is one? Will there be anew UI? Share your thoughts below. :)
Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I think we will finally see a polished, universal OS optimized for dual-core technology. I think you will see devices being updated more synchronously to put an end to this insane fragmentation too.

ICS will be everything an OS is supposed to be, IMHO

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I really want a new UI that will just make ios and wp7 users shut up with aw. I also hope for everything like transitions, to be hardware excelerated.
Yep. The bouncy effects like on iOS, eliminating some of the quirks still present, and more polish overall is really all I'm hoping for. For some reason I don't think they'll address this this time around. What I'm expecting is gingerbread with a couple new features thrown in.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, honeycomb has a really nice UI and it looks a lot better than gingerbread. I have hope that Google knows what they need to do to win people over from the iPhone 5.

rightontime

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm personally not a fan of the bouncing effect. I prefer the glow we have now.

I'm fine if it was honeycomb with the gingerbread status bar instead of the bottom bar. Just make it smooth and improve he stock Widgets.

Reactions: elvisgp

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm personally not a fan of the bouncing effect. I prefer the glow we have now.

I'm fine if it was honeycomb with the gingerbread status bar instead of the bottom bar. Just make it smooth and improve he stock Widgets.

I agree with u.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I saw those pictures too. I wasn't that impressed either. But we don't know if it's real or fake. We also don't know if it's an early build or late build.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
More or less, it'll probably look like a more smaller Honeycomb UI. Also, yea the pics leaked were all that impressive, but there's plenty more changes not shown. Example, multitasking, the split panel apps, improved stock apps, improved keyboard, and much more. Those pictures didnt give me too much to go on, so I'll wait till something leaks to judge.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
These were the supposedly leaked images of ICS:

Exclusive Leak: First Android Ice Cream Sandwich Screenshots, Plus More ICS Details
RootzWiki - Ice Cream Sandwich Pics [RootzWiki Exclusive]

Whether they're real or not, who knows. And frankly, if they are real, I'm not too impressed...

I honestly don't know what I want with Android 4.0 because I'm completely content right now with Android. However, I do hope to God that all of those pictures are fake. They look worse now than they did when they were first leaked.

kagenish

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
i just want it to look slick, smooth and beautiful i love how honeycomb is but it also want ice cream sandwich be more integrated making it better. my friend skip android and went to WIN 7 phone because it was simple post pic on Facebook and other apps.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yea, the imtergration could be better. What we have now works pretty well and can share almost anything right within other apps, but it just doesnt feel that 'connected' I love how when you take a picture on your phone, it can automatically upload to your G+ account and you can do what you want with it from there, that's something I'd like to see with Facebook and Twitter. Maybe some more services like Tumblr, Flickr, etc. Also It'd also be pretty cool to share what you're listening to in Google Music through other services right from the app.

kagenish

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea, the imtergration could be better. What we have now works pretty well and can share almost anything right within other apps, but it just doesnt feel that 'connected' I love how when you take a picture on your phone, it can automatically upload to your G+ account and you can do what you want with it from there, that's something I'd like to see with Facebook and Twitter. Maybe some more services like Tumblr, Flickr, etc. Also It'd also be pretty cool to share what you're listening to in Google Music through other services right from the app.

yeah agree

Bobrowe78

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I just hope we see something soon, I got a Droid charge and it sucks so I'm really wanting ics to come out soon so i can get rid of it

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
My image of ICS is anything that retains the capacitive button functionality. I can't see a phone with no capacitive buttons being especially usable.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind a better default dialer and music player. :)

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I honestly don't know what I want with Android 4.0 because I'm completely content right now with Android. However, I do hope to God that all of those pictures are fake. They look worse now than they did when they were first leaked.

I also hope, and believe them to be fake. The "About" Screen is why I have my doubts. I've used and seen several different Android devices, and under model number, it never says "Evo 4G, or Epic 4G" or WHATEVER that phone happens to be named. It has the manufacturer model number. Those pictures just say "Nexus S"....that's what I'm not buying into.