Fake Google order page for Nexus-Prime is up?

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Just found this page today, not sure if this is a joke or not ? Seems weird that Google would advertise a phone still in development, I think this must be a fake. But still hoping the two main Nexus carriers get it first T-Mobile and Sprint deserve it before Verizon, since they are "Nexus' carriers already. If T-Mobile doesn't get it first, would be like ATT not selling iPhone5 at launch.

Buy Google Nexus Prime SmartPhone - Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich

Says the Google Nexus-Prime is coming in November to all four U.S. carriers.

Last edited:

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Also the phone says it is an HTC and all rumors so far point to Samsung. It also has Super AMOLED screen listed in the specs which HTC doesn't have.

Fake

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
and for the record it should be going out to all carriers

T-Mobile and Sprint better be the first carriers to get it. They are already current Nexus dealers, Verizon should be third to get it. Or better yet all four carriers get it the exact same time.

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile and Sprint better be the first carriers to get it. They are already current Nexus dealers, Verizon should be third to get it. Or better yet all four carriers get it the exact same time.

I still don't know why people keep saying T-Mo or Sprint should get it first. Just because they had one before doesn't mean they "deserve" to get this first either. I don't care who gets it first or last. Just let it come to VZW.

jamor

Banned
Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. T Mobile does NOT deserve the Nexus Prime over any other carrier. Plain and simple.

I still don't know why people keep saying T-Mo or Sprint should get it first. Just because they had one before doesn't mean they "deserve" to get this first either. I don't care who gets it first or last. Just let it come to VZW.

slimjamm

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Vzw will be the first to get it. The other carries will get it too, just at a later time. By the way, the phone on that site looks pretty sweet!

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
For the record I own the site..... Its an unofficial fan site for the google nexus prime where you will be able to order from as well as get notified Buy Google Nexus Prime SmartPhone - Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich

If you are not sure about using the site follow me on google plus for all the latest info search the nexus prime

I'll be honest then, your site does initially come across as trying to appear as an 'official' site for the phone, of sorts.

And as for the carriers, my guess is that Verizon won't be any later than the other carriers in receiving the phone.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile and Sprint do indeed deserve to be first to get a new Nexus over Verizon. It's like the iPhone, a name brand phone with the pure OS, no carrier bloat or manufacturer UI. T-Mobile sold the very first Nexus-One, and then was the first again to sell the Nexus-S, so they have built a "Nexus" following, like ATT has with the iPhone. Imagine come next month and Apple says Sprint will get the iPhone5, but not ATT at this point, maybe later. Don't think that would go over too well.

gsondag

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile and Sprint do indeed deserve to be first to get a new Nexus over Verizon. It's like the iPhone, a name brand phone with the pure OS, no carrier bloat or manufacturer UI. T-Mobile sold the very first Nexus-One, and then was the first again to sell the Nexus-S, so they have built a "Nexus" following, like ATT has with the iPhone. Imagine come next month and Apple says Sprint will get the iPhone5, but not ATT at this point, maybe later. Don't think that would go over too well.

It is plain and simple, it is not in any way, shape or from about who "deserves" to get it first because in the end it is still a business and we all know what runs business, the almighty dollar. Stick with me while I do a little quick math:

Verizon has 102 million customers T-mo and Sprint together total 88.7 million customers, assume roughly 5% of each current customers buy a NP from their current carrier at a $200 subsidized price that means Verizon will do almost $133 million dollars more in sales over the other two carriers combined. And that's not even attempting to figure in the amount of people that use T-mo or Sprint just because they currently provide a pure android experience over Verizon, even though they may prefer Verizon network or customer service etc. Now don't blast, me these are just rough numbers for an example I have no idea how many of these phones any company could reasonably sell. But its just simple economics.

Sorry for the long post :D

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Calling bull on this one. The way the description is typed is not the words Google would use to advertising a product.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
It is plain and simple, it is not in any way, shape or from about who "deserves" to get it first because in the end it is still a business and we all know what runs business, the almighty dollar. Stick with me while I do a little quick math:

Verizon has 102 million customers T-mo and Sprint together total 88.7 million customers, assume roughly 5% of each current customers buy a NP from their current carrier at a $200 subsidized price that means Verizon will do almost $133 million dollars more in sales over the other two carriers combined. And that's not even attempting to figure in the amount of people that use T-mo or Sprint just because they currently provide a pure android experience over Verizon, even though they may prefer Verizon network or customer service etc. Now don't blast, me these are just rough numbers for an example I have no idea how many of these phones any company could reasonably sell. But its just simple economics.

Sorry for the long post :D

Of course I understand all of that, then why didn't Verizon get the Nexus-S last year instead of T-Mobile at launch ? Surely Verizon could have sold twice the amount T-Mobile could ?

And back to my iPhone comparison, ATT has been the main iPhone carrier in the U.S. if your on ATT you expect every new iPhone release to come to your network, would suck if all of a sudden the hot new iPhone5 went to a new carrier that never sold them before like Sprint first, and ATT had to wait till some other date to get it. Well T-Mobile has been the main Nexus carrier, they have gotten every new Nexus release, I would think the millions of T-Mobile Nexus owners expect to get the new one at launch too.

soap

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
You gotta admit though, that phone looks sexy lol.. i wouldn't mind if the Prime looked similar to that... just make the screen a little more closer to the edges :p