It seems like there's some confusion between the Galaxy S II LTE/Nexus Prime. I don't think they're the same phone and it's unlikely they'll both come to Verizon.

One of them might tho...

Galaxy S II LTE and Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE announced, set to debut at IFA
    08-28-2011 01:38 PM
    Here are my S2 LTE predictions based on my very close following of the leaks and rumors.

The Prime will probably be very very similar to an S2 and will have LTE and will release with VZ in time for the holiday shopping season.

The actual S2 itself with LTE will probably release in Europe before that, as the leaked S2 LTE was claimed to work with German frequencies. It makes sense because the GS2 release schedule is ahead in Europe than it is in North America.

VZ will release a slider phone with LTE in the next month or two, and that will be its only top end Samsung LTE phone until the Prime is released.
    08-28-2011 02:00 PM
    Here are my S2 LTE predictions based on my very close following of the leaks and rumors.

The Prime will probably be very very similar to an S2 and will have LTE and will release with VZ in time for the holiday shopping season.

The actual S2 itself with LTE will probably release in Europe before that, as the leaked S2 LTE was claimed to work with German frequencies. It makes sense because the GS2 release schedule is ahead in Europe than it is in North America.

VZ will release a slider phone with LTE in the next month or two, and that will be its only top end Samsung LTE phone until the Prime is released.
    ^ I'm 100% with you on that! Can't clear it up any better than that!
    08-28-2011 07:21 PM
    ^ I'm 100% with you on that! Can't clear it up any better than that!
    Given VZW's phone strategy over the last 2 years there's no reason to believe that a Nexus phone fits into the picture. HTC/Motorola will have a dual core 4G phone, and VZW will allow a developer phone for Samsung?

I'd love to see it, but history isn't on the Nexus Prime's side.
    08-28-2011 07:52 PM
    Given VZW's phone strategy over the last 2 years there's no reason to believe that a Nexus phone fits into the picture. HTC/Motorola will have a dual core 4G phone, and VZW will allow a developer phone for Samsung?

I'd love to see it, but history isn't on the Nexus Prime's side.
    There is always a first for everything. Just like the I*hone. To many signs point to a Verizon nexus prime
    08-28-2011 10:21 PM
    wont work with verizon, its the euro version
    08-29-2011 01:27 AM
    wont work with verizon, its the euro version
    I didn't read where anyone said the exact Euro version was coming to the US. In other news, the exact Euro version of the GS2 won't work in the US either.
    08-29-2011 06:30 AM
    I didn't read where anyone said the exact Euro version was coming to the US. In other news, the exact Euro version of the GS2 won't work in the US either.
    Wrong. People have bought the Euro version SGS2 unlocked and used it on at&t.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    08-29-2011 09:29 AM
    Wrong. People have bought the Euro version SGS2 unlocked and used it on at&t.
    I believe he's referring to the recently leaked LTE GSII, that's supposed to be unveiled in Germany this week. That particular device, will not work on Verizon's LTE network based on the bands it's reported to have (Asia and Europe LTE bands).
    08-29-2011 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD