So... Let me preface this by saying Bionic was literally the dead last of my potential choices, behind the Prime, and the GSII...

However, it's been almost a year since my D1 died, my upgrade is conveniently days before the Bionic release and I'm really trying to justify waiting even longer for this Prime phone, but without any confirmed info, or even an decent ballpark ETA (Some saying oct, others saying Febuary) I'm curious to see who else is stuck in this boat.

So who else is now seriously considering the Bionic, considering the GS2 being scrapped for VZW, and the complete lack of Prime info?
    08-28-2011 07:25 PM
    So... Let me preface this by saying Bionic was literally the dead last of my potential choices, behind the Prime, and the GSII...

However, it's been almost a year since my D1 died, my upgrade is conveniently days before the Bionic release and I'm really trying to justify waiting even longer for this Prime phone, but without any confirmed info, or even an decent ballpark ETA (Some saying oct, others saying Febuary) I'm curious to see who else is stuck in this boat.

So who else is now seriously considering the Bionic, considering the GS2 being scrapped for VZW, and the complete lack of Prime info?
    I still have my OG Droid that I bought when it first debuted. It's slow and the battery doesn't hold a charge, but I'm waiting. My fallback will be the HTC Vigor if Samsung doesn't deliver the Prime/GS2 LTE before Christmas.
    08-28-2011 07:33 PM
    Well, I'm still strongly considering the Bionic. The Prime and Vigor are both awfully appealing though. My thoughts on the Bionic are that even though it's coming out kind of late, it is still going to be a great phone. The processor may not be as fast as the phones right around the corner but we're still talking about a really fast phone. Also, I'm a big fan of Motorola phones, they always seem to be really high quality. The only thing I don't know about is the pentile screen, I'd have to see it to decide, but I'm coming from a 2 year old feature phone so anything will look amazing to me.

The only thing that would stop me is if the Vigor is confirmed to be coming out in early October with HD screen and 1.5 GHz processor, in that case it may be worth the wait, I'm not waiting til November or December for the Prime though.
    08-28-2011 07:36 PM
    Do you guys have a return Policy like Sprints. If so, get the Bionic and test it out for the time aloud. If there's no word on either 1, Prime or Vigor then keep it. If there is more information on release dates then return it ans wait. Doing this you can test the phone out and see if its worth it. If i were on Verizon i would wait for atleast the Vigor. I think Moto took to long to release the phone. I hope this is something that Google fixes... Good luck with your new phones , whichever you choose to get....
    08-29-2011 05:37 AM
    Do you guys have a return Policy like Sprints. If so, get the Bionic and test it out for the time aloud. If there's no word on either 1, Prime or Vigor then keep it. If there is more information on release dates then return it ans wait. Doing this you can test the phone out and see if its worth it. If i were on Verizon i would wait for atleast the Vigor. I think Moto took to long to release the phone. I hope this is something that Google fixes... Good luck with your new phones , whichever you choose to get....
    The Vigor isn't worth waiting even till Oct for (an old A8 processor running at 1.5GHz + LTE + HTC + 720p display = terrible battery life). If the Prime does release in Oct, which I still doubt, I might buy both the Bionic and the Prime. Also, our return period is only 14 days.
    08-29-2011 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD