09-04-2011 08:57 PM
42 12
tools
    i got dibs!

(does that count?? )

and that's not meant to imply that i disagree with you - i don't have any reason to.
    Granted, it's not like I know anymore than anyone here on the subject, but considering the usual trusty sources are debunking this whole "DROID Prime" thing, and the main pusher of it is BGR... I think it's a bit early for people to be freaking out, at the very least.

And yes, you can call dibs.
    08-30-2011 04:31 PM
    this gets more confusing by the minute....

now, the placement page has been found for the Sammy GT-i9250: GT-I9250 Nexus Prime Support Page Found › AndroidGuys

but P3droid (and others?) are saying that the i9250 is not the Prime, right?? i'm so lost....

could VZW possibly be launching both the GT-i9250 and SCH-i515??? maybe one as a LTE GS2, and the other as the Prime??? doesn't make much sense; but then, neither do these rumors and certs (wifi and BT) for both the 9250 and 515...
    08-30-2011 04:51 PM
    this gets more confusing by the minute....

now, the placement page has been found for the Sammy GT-i9250: GT-I9250 Nexus Prime Support Page Found AndroidGuys

but P3droid (and others?) are saying that the i9250 is not the Prime, right?? i'm so lost....

could VZW possibly be launching both the GT-i9250 and SCH-i515??? maybe one as a LTE GS2, and the other as the Prime??? doesn't make much sense; but then, neither do these rumors and certs (wifi and BT) for both the 9250 and 515...
    I'm not sure that changes anything. I doesn't say Nexus anywhere and we know both models have passed through WiFi or Bluetooth cert. Am I missing something?
    08-30-2011 04:55 PM
    I'm not sure that changes anything. I doesn't say Nexus anywhere and we know both models have passed through WiFi or Bluetooth cert. Am I missing something?
    i might be missing something, but it seems to me that the i9250 has passed wifi cert, and the i515 has passed BT cert. but, the sites reporting these each claim that this is for the Prime - i don't think both of these models can be the Prime...
    08-30-2011 05:18 PM
    According to P3Droid they are the same phone. One model number is for the Vodafone version and the other is for Verizon.
    08-30-2011 05:19 PM
    well, the Samsung event is over, and it was all about the GS2. no VZW people there. as i said earlier, i think this is a good indication that the Sammy device coming to VZW will be the Prime.
    08-30-2011 05:52 PM
    well, the Samsung event is over, and it was all about the GS2. no VZW people there. as i said earlier, i think this is a good indication that the Sammy device coming to VZW will be the Prime.
    Well, we already knew that the GS2 wasn't coming to VZW. Everything else is just pure conjecture.
    08-30-2011 05:57 PM
    some people thought that Sammy might talk about the Prime...
    08-30-2011 06:14 PM
    I am just going to sit back and enjoy the "Back and Forth" speculation. I will be back when the phone is officially announced.

08-30-2011 06:36 PM
    who cares whether it is a droid prime, nexus prime, optimus prime, or turd prime? if any phone comes out with those specs i want it. root it and mod it! just like you would do even if it was a Nexus. Im not sure i follow why every single post of every single thread is debating whether it is a Droid or not. who wouldnt buy the phone with those rumored specs on the best network just because it wasnt nexus?
    08-30-2011 07:59 PM
    I don't see the next Nexus JUST being on Verizon if they even get the new Nexus...
    09-04-2011 02:04 AM
    who cares . Im not sure i follow why every single post of every single thread is debating whether it is a Droid or not. who wouldnt buy the phone with those rumored specs on the best network just because it wasnt nexus?
    I care very much and I wouldn't want that stupid Phone on That stupid Carrier either

whispering now - I want it on Sprint
    ienjoysoup08 likes this.
    09-04-2011 07:29 AM
    some people thought that Sammy might talk about the Prime...
    Right..."...and here's the Nexus Prime, a phone that will totally trump the GS2, releasing only a few months later." Samsung wouldn't announce it or else they wouldn't sell any GS2s at all. This is also another reason I don't think the Prime will be coming out in October. Samsung wants to maximize sales on the current phones before it releases a new one.
    09-04-2011 03:38 PM
    Right..."...and here's the Nexus Prime, a phone that will totally trump the GS2, releasing only a few months later." Samsung wouldn't announce it or else they wouldn't sell any GS2s at all. This is also another reason I don't think the Prime will be coming out in October. Samsung wants to maximize sales on the current phones before it releases a new one.
    Except it's not up to Samsung when and where this phone goes public -- it's up to Google.
    09-04-2011 06:29 PM
    I doubt Samsung would announce this at all. It'll be Google announcing, just like they announced the two previous Nexus phones.
    EggoEspada and Bearly like this.
    09-04-2011 07:26 PM
    Last two replies, spot on.

Must say, Google have done a great job keeping both ICS and the next Nexus under wraps.
    09-04-2011 08:19 PM
    Last two replies, spot on.

Must say, Google have done a great job keeping both ICS and the next Nexus under wraps.
    A little too good of a job. I want to hear some more leaks already. This is the only thing that's keeping me from giving in to the Epic Touch.
    09-04-2011 08:57 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD