When will we get news on the Nexus-Three ?

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Well since the bomb dropped, we come to find out the new phone from Verizon is not the next "nexus" brand phone, but just another Droid. With the name, "Droid-Prime", it might still get bloatware, and maybe have the Verizon logo on the front of phone, etc...

I am a very loyal nexus guy, owned the Nexus-One and Nexus-S both on launch day at T-Mobile. Just waiting to hear the announcement for the next Nexus device, and it is not this Droid-Prime thing. Hopefully some more info comes out soon, on this upcoming Nexus-Three or Nexus-S II or whatever it will be called.

Last edited:

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Well since the bomb dropped we find out the new phone from Verizon will not be a "nexus" brand, but just another Droid and not the new nexus we were looking for, with the name "Droid-Prime", now I could care less about this phone, because if it's not a nexus it might still get bloatware, still maybe have the Verizon logo on the front of phone, etc...

Greatest sentence ever?

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Just read this on BGR;

The Droid Prime is no Nexus..it is simply Verizons and only Verizons flagship ICS phone, but lets get it straight it is NOT a Nexus. Google will do their own outing of the Nexus-3. Maybe the Samsung I9250 a 4.65" Super Amoled HD ICS device might turn out to be the real new Nexus-3 that will be released to Tmo, Sprint and Att. Or as i have always thought...HTC might be the sleeper OEM to give us an N1 type on steroids Nexus 3. Either way it shakes out...Google has something special in-store for us all vanilla android lovers, and it's not a Droid.

Verizon Wireless exclusively launching Samsung DROID Prime in October

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Nothing that i have seen has confirmed or denied the Droid Prime not being the Nexus3 . I would hope that its not but still there is no spec sheet on this or the NPrime. There's also word of a Droid HD . but all just rumors... The DPrime could very well not be the N3 and still be vanilla ICS.. hopefully we will find out soon what the next N3 will be and with what carriers...

That BGR report i would take with a barrel of salt... nothing has said that this isn't the N3 renamed or that its not the N3... It has been said that Verizon will get the Prime by many other post including Phils first post weeks ago.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Nothing that i have seen has confirmed or denied the Droid Prime not being the Nexus3 . I would hope that its not but still there is no spec sheet on this or the NPrime. There's also word of a Droid HD . but all just rumors... The DPrime could very well not be the N3 and still be vanilla ICS.. hopefully we will find out soon what the next N3 will be and with what carriers...

That BGR report i would take with a barrel of salt... nothing has said that this isn't the N3 renamed or that its not the N3... It has been said that Verizon will get the Prime by many other post including Phils first post weeks ago.

This. ^^

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Just read this on BGR;

The Droid Prime is no Nexus..it is simply Verizons and only Verizons flagship ICS phone, but lets get it straight it is NOT a Nexus. Google will do their own outing of the Nexus-3. Maybe the Samsung I9250 a 4.65" Super Amoled HD ICS device might turn out to be the real new Nexus-3 that will be released to Tmo, Sprint and Att. Or as i have always thought...HTC might be the sleeper OEM to give us an N1 type on steroids Nexus 3. Either way it shakes out...Google has something special in-store for us all vanilla android lovers, and it's not a Droid.

Verizon Wireless exclusively launching Samsung DROID Prime in October

The funny thing about this is that the people who have seen Verizon's Prime have no idea what a "DROID" Prime is...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

Thank you, good point. But what if the Prime is NOT the next Nexus device ? Could just be a new vanilla Android device like the og Droid ? Maybe there still is a Nexus-Three due this December, but way too early to get any leaks on that yet ?

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I can also guarantee you will NEVER see a vanilla Pure Google, Un-bloated Android on Verizon.....being the "Droid" Prime it will fall in line with the "Droid" branding with all the bloat, anyone who thinks otherwise is just grasping at straws to convenience themselves....

And why would Google abandon T-MO, Sprint and AT&T and give Verizon exclusivity, if anything Sprint would have the exclusive on a true "Nexus" as they're the only one with Full Google integration...No one services is as tied in with Google as Sprint. Also Google has made Brand Identity out of "Nexus" just as Verizon has with "Droid" and the two are nowhere close to each other....Google's not going to abandon the "Nexus" brand in favor of "Droid" then it become more Verizon experience rather than a pure Google...

the DROID PRIME IS NOT A NEXUS device.....

I got 30$ Paypal dollars that its NOT; any takers?

Last edited:

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I can also guarantee you will NEVER see a vanilla Pure Google, Un-bloated Android on Verizon.....being the "Droid" Prime it will fall in line with the "Droid" branding with all the bloat, anyone who thinks otherwise is just grasping at straws to convenience themselves....

And why would Google abandon T-MO, Sprint and AT&T and give Verizon exclusivity, if anything Sprint would have the exclusive on a true "Nexus" as they're the only one with Full Google integration...No one services is as tied in with Google as Sprint. Also Google has made Brand Identity out of "Nexus" just as Verizon has with "Droid" and the two are nowhere close to each other....Google's not going to abandon the "Nexus" brand in favor of "Droid" then it become more Verizon experience rather than a pure Google...

The crack up with people who don?t want a Nexus device on Verizon is starting to crack me up. I love the phone speculation, but this is getting ridiculous. Relax, the details will eventually come out.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

Totally agree. This whole Prime thing, now known as the Droid-Prime is NOT the upcoming Nexus-Three, or whatever it will be named. The last several Nexus phones were not leaked until like a month before they came out, which would mean we have to wait until November to get some solid info on the new Nexus device.

Would be totally shocked if T-Mobile and Sprint did not have a new next generation Nexus device this December.

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Totally agree. This whole Prime thing, now known as the Droid-Prime is NOT the upcoming Nexus-Three, or whatever it will be named. The last several Nexus phones were not leaked until like a month before they came out, which would mean we have to wait until November to get some solid info on the new Nexus device.

Would be totally shocked if T-Mobile and Sprint did not have a new next generation Nexus device this December.

Verizon and Google are on two different wave lengths.....Verizon wants a more Carrier Controlled user experience hence "Droid"...Google wants to keep "Nexus" as a "TRUE Google" experience...

The two just don't mix.

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Except the OG DROID and the moto Xoom, right? Why are people so worked up about UNCONFIRMED speculation. Why fight speculation with speculation?

OG Droid was before Verizon got the full hang of Bloat and Lockdown of Android devices....and even the OG Droid had some Verizon bloat....have you seen an un-bloated pure Google on Verizon since NADDA! and never will again, Verizon has "Droid" where they want it they wont go back.

XOOM is not a phone, it like the OG Droid was the first Android Tablet trust me down the line Tablets will go through the same Verizon boot camps that the phones do.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Except the OG DROID and the moto Xoom, right? Why are people so worked up about UNCONFIRMED speculation. Why fight speculation with speculation?

I never had either one of these so this why i ask. Are you saying that neither one of these had and Verizon installed apps? i can see more the Xoom and IMO the X in Xoom stands for Google but just my thought. But the OG Droid never came with any apps from Verizon?

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Who do you think will be making the upcoming Nexus-Three or whatever it will be named ? I still prefer a Samsung made device mainly for their awesome screen tech. HTC making the next Nexus would be cool too.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I still think its Sammy . Google said it goes to who bids for it. So if they are the highest bidder , I can't see why not with the money they have then it would be them again.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
i generally agree that the idea of a true Nexus device and vzw don't mix. however, the Nexus devices haven't really sold very well in the past, and adding the "Droid" branding might be what gives them a big boost (plus putting it on the biggest network). so, it could be named the Droid Prime, for marketing purposes, but still be a pure Nexus device.

i would also point out that when BGR first reported/rumored the Nexus Prime, it was stated that: "Our source indicated that Google could be working with multiple carriers and multiple OEMs on their own “exclusive” Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) halo devices, and that they may all launch around the same time." so, the Droid Prime could also just be vzw's version of the Nexus Prime, and may be like the OG and Zoom - Nexus-type devices, but not with Nexus branding.

regardless, in light of the SCH-i515 receiving bluetooth certification, it seems that this is the device closest to launch. and, because it is CDMA, that means either vzw or Sprint. also, there have been reports from "sources" that vzw will be the exclusive first launch. finally, some have pointed out that the "SCH" model prefix is the same one used for the Droid Charge, another Sammy/VZW exclusive.

put it all together, and i think we are looking at a vzw launch. hopefully it will be a pure Nexus device (regardless of the name they attach to it), but i guess we could also be looking at a situation like the OG (as others have pointed out) - a Nexus-type device with new ICS, followed by Nexus-branded devices on other carriers.

who knows. everyone, including all the tech sites, are just as confused as everyone else, and we won't know the actual answers for a while.

Last edited:

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
i would also point out that when BGR first reported/rumored the Nexus Prime, it was stated that: "Our source indicated that Google could be working with multiple carriers and multiple OEMs on their own ?exclusive? Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) halo devices, and that they may all launch around the same time." so, the Droid Prime could also just be vzw's version of the Nexus Prime, and may be like the OG and Zoom - Nexus-type devices, but not with Nexus branding.

who knows. everyone, including all the tech sites, are just as confused as everyone else, and we won't know the actual answers for a while.

Totally agree. I think all four U.S. carriers will get their own special Android 4.0 ICS devices, just that this Droid-Prime will be the first to retail, while Sprint, T-Mo, and ATT will get theirs most likely in Nov/Dec ?

Question is, will they all be Samsung Prime type devices, or totally different like an HTC for T-Mobile, and Motorola for ATT ?

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
i generally agree that the idea of a true Nexus device and vzw don't mix. however, the Nexus devices haven't really sold very well in the past, and adding the "Droid" branding might be what gives them a big boost (plus putting it on the biggest network). so, it could be named the Droid Prime, for marketing purposes, but still be a pure Nexus device.

i would also point out that when BGR first reported/rumored the Nexus Prime, it was stated that: "Our source indicated that Google could be working with multiple carriers and multiple OEMs on their own ?exclusive? Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) halo devices, and that they may all launch around the same time." so, the Droid Prime could also just be vzw's version of the Nexus Prime, and may be like the OG and Zoom - Nexus-type devices, but not with Nexus branding.

regardless, in light of the SCH-i515 receiving bluetooth certification, it seems that this is the device closest to launch. and, because it is CDMA, that means either vzw or Sprint. also, there have been reports from "sources" that vzw will be the exclusive first launch. finally, some have pointed out that the "SCH" model prefix is the same one used for the Droid Charge, another Sammy/VZW exclusive.

put it all together, and i think we are looking at a vzw launch. hopefully it will be a pure Nexus device (regardless of the name they attach to it), but i guess we could also be looking at a situation like the OG (as others have pointed out) - a Nexus-type device with new ICS, followed by Nexus-branded devices on other carriers.

even if it is a 4.0 device that still doesn't make it a Nexus....Plus the reason the nexus has done well is a lack of Advertiser and support from T-MO and AT&T.....Since Sprint got the Nexus S 4G have been seeing many more Nexus's in the wild, and that's because Sprint pushed it hard.

a Nexus device is a Pure Google experience device No if ands or buts about it. So if it is "The Droid Prime" its not the Nexus. And Google already confirmed that the Nexus line will continue by confirming that Motorola will NOT have the exclusivity because of the merger.....

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
even if it is a 4.0 device that still doesn't make it a Nexus....Plus the reason the nexus has done well is a lack of Advertiser and support from T-MO and AT&T.....Since Sprint got the Nexus S 4G have been seeing many more Nexus's in the wild, and that's because Sprint pushed it hard.

a Nexus device is a Pure Google experience device No if ands or buts about it. So if it is "The Droid Prime" its not the Nexus. And Google already confirmed that the Nexus line will continue by confirming that Motorola will NOT have the exclusivity because of the merger.....

I agree, that is why the Droid-Prime, to quote Obi Wan "These are not the droids your looking for" is NOT the new Nexus device, there is still the Nexus-Three to come this year, or whatever it will be called.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma