09-19-2011 09:56 PM
142 1234 ...
tools
    if in fact the rumors are true and the nexus3 is a Samsung i will be passing it up. i just do not like the Samsung name in the world of android
    09-08-2011 11:46 PM
    I'm going to be kinda disappointed if it's a 4.65" with curved glass. I personally think 4.3" is the perfect screen size. For me anything above starts to feel too big.
    I'll be picking up the Galaxy S II in the coming weeks and was debating on picking up one of these if the specs were right and whenever it comes to at&t. We'll see though.
    09-08-2011 11:56 PM
    Man, im sitting on an upgrade right now and dont know what to get. I was all for getting the "epic 4G touch" till they made the screen to a 4.5, personally that is too much screen for me. This one was my next hold out but now idk due to the screen size. i guess i will just stick with my epic 4G
    09-09-2011 12:02 AM
    I'm going to be kinda disappointed if it's a 4.65" with curved glass. I personally think 4.3" is the perfect screen size. For me anything above starts to feel too big.
    I'll be picking up the Galaxy S II in the coming weeks and was debating on picking up one of these if the specs were right and whenever it comes to at&t. We'll see though.
    yeah screen size seems a bit ridiculous to me.. I'm all for 4" as being the perfect size. if they make it 4.65" what's next a 5" screen?! they'll have to keep out doing themselves until we all have tablets in our pockets.. :/
    09-09-2011 01:02 AM
    It will not only be on Verizon. You'd be foolish to think they'll never release it on other carriers in the states.
    I thought the same thing about sgsII. Only time will tell.
    09-09-2011 01:03 AM
    I thought the same thing about sgsII. Only time will tell.
    the Droid Prime might be why Verizon didn't get a sgsII.. they knew they had the Prime coming so didn't want to offer a variant of the sgsII that might take from the Prime and the very expensive marketing campaign they're going to have. :P
    09-09-2011 01:09 AM
    I'm not picky. Keep the bloat if you must. As long as I can Rule the Air on the nations largest 4G network.
    Whoa. I think we have a Verizon plant.

And I don't mean the kind you water.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    09-09-2011 01:47 AM
    if in fact the rumors are true and the nexus3 is a Samsung i will be passing it up. i just do not like the Samsung name in the world of android
    Now whenever I see these anti-samsung posts, there's never an explanation other than that their updates being late, which I agree that I'd hate as well.

Samsung makes better hardware than HTC or Sony or any other mobile makers, it's of good quality.
    Sounds like u guys are just envying the brand.
    TuxDotKing likes this.
    09-09-2011 02:04 AM
    Now whenever I see these anti-samsung posts, there's never an explanation other than that their updates being late, which I agree that I'd hate as well.

Samsung makes better hardware than HTC or Sony or any other mobile makers, it's of good quality.
    It's all because of that dodgy "plasticky" feeling of the phone man!

......Even tough my Epic feels just fine, and I've dropped it tons of times since I got it on launch day with literally 0 problems.

PS: If they plan on announcing it in October, I expect a release date in early December. The 6th sounds like a solid day for some reason.
    TuxDotKing likes this.
    09-09-2011 03:10 AM
    Do people really judge each other on their phone? You might want to reconsider those associations.

"You know yankdez, me and the guys have been talking. We really don't appreciate you coming around here with a single core processor."
    Of course people judge each other on phones. Iphone vs android. And I said "i don't care if people judge me for having a samsung nexus." If I don't care, why would I need to reconsider my associations?
    09-09-2011 03:27 AM
    I agree. The N1 and Nexus A were released for every carrier but I'm willing to bet the Droid and Droid X each sold more than the 2 Nexus devices combined sales. If Google wants a top-selling phone that gets some media attention they want it on Verizon.

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk
    09-09-2011 04:47 AM
    There's nothing really small about Verizon.
    I agree. The N1 and Nexus S were released for every carrier except Verizon but I'm willing to bet the Droid and Droid X each sold more than the 2 Nexus devices combined sales. If Google wants a top-selling phone that gets some media attention then they want it on Verizon.

09-09-2011 04:49 AM

Samsungs updates are fine, it is the US carriers that take their sweet time.
    EggoEspada and TuxDotKing like this.
    09-09-2011 05:35 AM
    this is why I believe that it'll not be the Nexus on Verizon but rather a variant of the same phone. CDMA is Verizon and Sprint as far as I know it doesn't exist outside the US and that would make no sense to limit the Nexus phone like that.. however the Droid Prime makes perfect sense. it may also come out first with the Nexus Prime following shortly after much like the OG Droid followed by the Nexus One.
    The first Nexus was released originally on T-mobile. I'm not sure where everyone is getting "Verizon would be limited" when releasing a phone exclusively on T-Mobile is as limited as you can get.

The only reason this phone could be the Droid Prime is because of Verizon not because of Google.
    09-09-2011 06:25 AM
    The first Nexus was released originally on T-mobile. I'm not sure where everyone is getting "Verizon would be limited" when releasing a phone exclusively on T-Mobile is as limited as you can get.

The only reason this phone could be the Droid Prime is because of Verizon not because of Google.
    T-Mobile phones do use bands that work with 3G overseas. They're just not compatible with the 3G that AT&T uses. But they both work with overseas 3G.

09-09-2011 06:35 AM
    Google bought Motorola, a "galaxy nexus" seems nice.
    09-09-2011 07:06 AM
    T-Mobile phones do use bands that work with 3G overseas. They're just not compatible with the 3G that AT&T uses. But they both work with overseas 3G.

Okay... but that has nothing to do with the release politics in the United States.
    09-09-2011 07:17 AM
    I love my NS4G and my Droid X I would like to see Motorola build a Nexus device they may have crappy locked boot loaders but they have really nice build quality. I am just ready to see some FCC certifications leak or some pictures can only read about the phone so much.
    09-09-2011 08:16 AM

I was under the impression that eventually the N1 was released worldwide but it may have been just the fact that it did work overseas so everyone imported it across the pond.

yes the Droid Tag is limited to select Verizon devices, that's why a Verizon variant called the Droid Prime vs the Nexus Prime could make sense. same phone but maybe some tweaks to the software and some bloat and that's easy enough to take care of with root and a port of the Nexus Primes build for those of us that would actually care.. we have to remember what Phil and the gang always say.. "we are the minority".
    09-09-2011 12:25 PM
    I was under the impression that eventually the N1 was released worldwide but it may have been just the fact that it did work overseas so everyone imported it across the pond.

yes the Droid Tag is limited to select Verizon devices, that's why a Verizon variant called the Droid Prime vs the Nexus Prime could make sense. same phone but maybe some tweaks to the software and some bloat and that's easy enough to take care of with root and a port of the Nexus Primes build for those of us that would actually care.. we have to remember what Phil and the gang always say.. "we are the minority".
    Exactly. Droid is to Verizon as Nexus is to Google. No other carrier has their own "elite" phone branding so it would make sense to call it the Droid Prime.
    09-09-2011 12:46 PM
    Just had a thought....The source may have been eluding to the similarity of the device to the SGSII and have the name as a hint/joke....

Remember that SGSII with LTE? Could be remarkably similar
    09-09-2011 01:34 PM
    but i dont want a droid prime i want a nexus prime. I want updates.from google first. I dont want verizons crapware nor do i want touchwiz. I want a phone i can finally keep the stock rom. Only root for certain.apps. As much as I enjoy what the devs do, bugs are always found with custom roms.
    09-09-2011 03:12 PM
    but i dont want a droid prime i want a nexus prime. I want updates.from google first. I dont want verizons crapware nor do i want touchwiz. I want a phone i can finally keep the stock rom. Only root for certain.apps. As much as I enjoy what the devs do, bugs are always found with custom roms.
    I concur.
    09-09-2011 05:21 PM
    as i've said before, even if they name it the Droid Prime, that doesn't necessarily mean it will have bloat and custom UI. they could use the "Droid" name just for marketing and name recognition, and it will still be a pure Nexus device, or maybe a Nexus-type device (like the OG). if they name it Droid Prime, the only thing that means for sure is that VZW will pay royalties to Lucas Films, Ltd for the devices sold - everything beyond that is conjecture.

now, as i've also said before, if they name it Droid Prime, and then add bloatware, custom UI, and lock the BL, then i wholeheartedly join in the objections.
    09-09-2011 07:02 PM
    Exactly. Droid is to Verizon as Nexus is to Google. No other carrier has their own "elite" phone branding so it would make sense to call it the Droid Prime.
    Sprint has the EVO branding... With 4 devices with that name , I would say its an elite line for Sprint:O)
    But i do get what you mean
    09-09-2011 07:21 PM
142 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD