Samsung Galaxy Nexus?

holysnikey

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree 100% that the "Droid" brand and that droooiidd sound need a lot of credit for bringing the Android system up to brand recognition with the iPhone. The masses like stuff that is catchy and easily able to identify towards. I have never heard ANYONE besides the people on Android forums and 2 of my friends who I taught about Android call it Android. Most people say "Hey dude I got a droid finally! That droooiidd sound is kinda cool! haha" then you tell them they aren't on VZW and its not a "Droid" technically and they seem baffled. The masses love that brand appeal they can throw in peoples faces and flaunt as status symbols. That is a good reason why people love Apple and in particular the iPhone because 1) its a status symbol because virtually every famous person has one and is always displaying or saying how they love it. 2) People feel like they are in some kind of community because they have the holy "iPhone" then there is certainly 3) It is a very user friendly system.
Either way I don't care I just want some updates on the Samsung Galaxy Droid Nexus Google Prime! :p

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
There's only been one article from BGR that used the name Droid Prime. Again, it could end up being the Droid Prime, but there's little evidence to back it up.

All we have is speculation.

Of course all we have is speculation. I've been preaching that in every Prime thread I'm in. But the evidence of a Droid Prime is about as credible as any of the other rumors. Pretty much every article out there about the Prime, except for one or two tiny things, can be traced back to the BGR articles. Why would one of their "leads" be any more or less credible than the rest?

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Of course all we have is speculation. I've been preaching that in every Prime thread I'm in. But the evidence of a Droid Prime is about as credible as any of the other rumors. Pretty much every article out there about the Prime, except for one or two tiny things, can be traced back to the BGR articles. Why would one of their "leads" be any more or less credible than the rest?

You said "rumors" which suggests multiple sources. Phil says the Nexus is coming VZW. He said that before BGR. He's as credible as BGR.

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Not saying this isn't possible or isn't going to happen, but I think you are giving Verizon a bit too much credit, or Google not enough. I know Verizon wouldn't like it, but I would still be extremely surprised to see a phone with the Nexus name on Verizon with any bloat at all. That's why I put more faith in the Droid Prime rumors. It may be the same phone as the next Nexus, but it won't actually be a Nexus.

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk

I should have been clearer in that, it wouldn't be a Nexus if it had bloat. I think that Verizon will have the Droid Prime (same phone but prob with TouchWiz and bloat), T-Mo will have the Nexus Prime and Sprint will get the Nexus Prime 4G

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
You're over estimating the power of the Droid brand. Yes, it was important in the beginning, but "Android" is established now. Sprint runs ads all the time with the Android brand and logo. This is has been going on for almost two years.

I would assume more people now own Android devices that aren't "Droids" than at any other time.

yes more people have Android devices that aren't Droids but that doesn't change the fact that it still works for Verizon.. I don't think Verizon is the only thing supporting Android so I hope that's not what you thought I was saying. it's like you said "important in the beginning.." now it's not important to Android but rather important to Verizon and like I said, so long as they are willing to cough the cash to Lucas and people are interested in the next Droid phone they're going to keep using the marketing campaign.

Reactions: crzycrkr

TRZ06

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
It's funny that while those in the know continue to denounce the "Droid Prime" rumor, people continue to believe that it's coming to Verizon b/c of some BGR article. So far, all the talk by those privy to the real info has been only about the new Nexus, and never about some Droid version.

The Nexus S and Nexus S 4G are different model numbers, so as far as the i9250 vs i515 stories go, it's just as likely that the i9250 will be the GSM-based version, and the i515 will be the CDMA-based version for Verizon. Nexus One test units for Verizon exist, so we know that at one point in time Verizon considered the Nexus, so why can't they have been fully convinced this time around?

Reactions: MetalPhoenix79

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
It's funny that while those in the know continue to denounce the "Droid Prime" rumor, people continue to believe that it's coming to Verizon b/c of some BGR article. So far, all the talk by those privy to the real info has been only about the new Nexus, and never about some Droid version.

The Nexus S and Nexus S 4G are different model numbers, so as far as the i9250 vs i515 stories go, it's just as likely that the i9250 will be the GSM-based version, and the i515 will be the CDMA-based version for Verizon. Nexus One test units for Verizon exist, so we know that at one point in time Verizon considered the Nexus, so why can't they have been fully convinced this time around?

It's funny how adamant people are that a Nexus device cannot come to Verizon. There's so little to go on at the moment I don't understand why people are getting worked up about it.

Reactions: MetalPhoenix79

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I wish Samsung made every Nexus and it was always released on Verizon, this way I can do like I did with Apple, only worry about buying a new Nexus once a year. I really don't want a Motorola, LG or HTC Nexus.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
You said "rumors" which suggests multiple sources. Phil says the Nexus is coming VZW. He said that before BGR. He's as credible as BGR.

I agree. I don't even know why we're arguing about this. I can see it going either way. All I'm saying is that one is not more credible than the other. Its all rumors. I've been saying this for quite a while. Nobody really has any solid info one way or the other, and things change between rumors. Verizon could have changed their minds about Droid branding between Phil's info and release. Or not. Or they could decide not to offer it at all. No one knows yet. That's all I've been saying, and all I'll continue to say until there is any solid info.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I say we pull reverse psychology on Verizon and use Facebook and Twitter to say how we're "sure" Verizon won't offer it as a true Nexus phone running Vanilla, and that other carriers will.

Then...bam, Verizon top level management says, "We'll show these layman that we can do that, too!"

Who's with me?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It's funny how adamant people are that a Nexus device cannot come to Verizon. There's so little to go on at the moment I don't understand why people are getting worked up about it.

Well, they've been burned before, so it's understandable. Plus, Verizon's not a fan of unbranded phones on their network. Really, all Google needs is the okay for this device on VZW's network, and Best Buy can subsidize and sell the device.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Well, they've been burned before, so it's understandable. Plus, Verizon's not a fan of unbranded phones on their network. Really, all Google needs is the okay for this device on VZW's network, and Best Buy can subsidize and sell the device.

The subsidized thing I'm confused about too. I know the Nexus One wasn't, but isn't the Nexus S sold at a subsidized price?

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
If the Prime isn't vanilla, it's not worth it over the Vigor / Tbolt 2.

I would take it vanilla and without LTE over skinned with LTE.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I am skeptical because of the really bad spelling (spell check anyone), but I choose to believe. Bring the Prime to VZW.

Yeah, plus if the Vigor images are correct, it would seem like it would be branded as some sort of "incredible" device, just due to the way it looks.

Whatever the story with the Prime is...hopefully some more will leak or something.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, plus if the Vigor images are correct, it would seem like it would be branded as some sort of "incredible" device, just due to the way it looks.

Whatever the story with the Prime is...hopefully some more will leak or something.

That "leak" doesn't really tell us anything we don't already know. We all pretty much know that the Samsung Prime/Nexus/Rabbitfoot/SCH-i515 is replacing the charge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2