09-19-2011 09:56 PM
142 ... 3456
tools
    That "leak" doesn't really tell us anything we don't already know. We all pretty much know that the Samsung Prime/Nexus/Rabbitfoot/SCH-i515 is replacing the charge.
    but, if it's going to be a direct replacement, and not a de facto replacement, of the Charge, doesn't that give more indication that it will actually be the Droid Prime??? that's the significant piece of info that i take from the supposed leak.
    09-13-2011 10:39 AM
    This is getting hilarious...that list, if it's even real, says "Sam Prime -> Charge". The article then says "according to the list" the DROID Prime will replace the Charge. The word DROID does not appear anywhere. #fail
    MetalPhoenix79 likes this.
    09-13-2011 10:53 AM
    The leak is from BBYM. "Replacing" may simply mean it will take the display place of the Charge in the store, not necessarily will the Charge cease to exist. Same with the Tbolt 2.

I dont think this will end any life cycles anytime soon, just display / price point kind of thing.
    09-13-2011 10:53 AM
    but, if it's going to be a direct replacement, and not a de facto replacement, of the Charge, doesn't that give more indication that it will actually be the Droid Prime??? that's the significant piece of info that i take from the supposed leak.
    It could be, but no matter what the phone is called it's a Samsung 4G device and the Charge becomes irreverent. I'm sure that factored into the decision to hold off on the GS2 as well.

Given Verizon's history it seems like a long shot that a Nexus UnDroid comes to VZW.
    09-13-2011 10:58 AM
    Call me crazy, but I just have this sinking feeling that the Prime, or whatever the name ends up being, won't be a true Nexus on Verizon. I can't see Verizon allowing/wanting a stock phone. I think the biggest reason is that they passed up the GS2, and so they will want the Prime to be the popular replacement. While most of us in the enthusiast community want a stock phone that we can customize to our liking, the average user doesn't like the look of stock, and would rather have a "pretty" skin, and the added "features" of Blur/Sense/Touchwiz. It seems like with the average user, that will sell better than a stock phone, even if they took a stock phone and slapped the Droid/Galaxy name on it. Such a shame. At a minimum Verizon would put their VZ navigator and whatnot on it. If it isn't a true Nexus, then in principle I couldn't support it, especially if they try to use the Nexus name on a bloated phone, and would probably end up going with the Vigor and putting CM7 on it.
    09-13-2011 01:42 PM
    While most of us in the enthusiast community want a stock phone that we can customize to our liking, the average user doesn't like the look of stock, and would rather have a "pretty" skin, and the added "features" of Blur/Sense/Touchwiz. It seems like with the average user, that will sell better than a stock phone, even if they took a stock phone and slapped the Droid/Galaxy name on it. Such a shame. .
    I'm not sure this is the case. There's never really been a clear choice between stock/skin.
    09-13-2011 02:06 PM
    I'm not sure this is the case. There's never really been a clear choice between stock/skin.
    good point, I think it would just be perceived as another option. don't think the average consumer even knows that their phones aren't stock.
    09-13-2011 02:10 PM
    good point, I think it would just be perceived as another option. don't think the average consumer even knows that their phones aren't stock.
    there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that skined would ALWAYS win over stock. the only people who like stock are here on this website. ive had at leat a dozen people play with my phone with CM7 and sense ROMs. and EVERYONE prefers Sense. Male, Female, young and old. i would love to see a study on this.
    09-13-2011 02:29 PM
    there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that skined would ALWAYS win over stock. the only people who like stock are here on this website. ive had at leat a dozen people play with my phone with CM7 and sense ROMs. and EVERYONE prefers Sense. Male, Female, young and old. i would love to see a study on this.
    People are always more comfortable with what they know over what they don't know. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. The point I'm making is that there's no major stock device out there other than the Nexus or OG Droid. There's basically no marketing for Nexus. I don't remember ever hearing anyone complain about the UI of the OG Droid vs. the Droid 2/3.
    09-13-2011 02:52 PM
    09-13-2011 05:59 PM
    I guess this answers how desperate we are for news about this device.
    BSG75 likes this.
    09-13-2011 07:12 PM
    There is also this one too from a VZW rep to a BestBuy but this time everything is spelled properly
    http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content...uy-600x448.jpg
    09-13-2011 07:16 PM
    Unless we can see a similar email from the past, I'm skeptical of the authenticity of the memo.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    09-13-2011 07:18 PM
    Call me crazy, but I just have this sinking feeling that the Prime, or whatever the name ends up being, won't be a true Nexus on Verizon. I can't see Verizon allowing/wanting a stock phone. I think the biggest reason is that they passed up the GS2, and so they will want the Prime to be the popular replacement. While most of us in the enthusiast community want a stock phone that we can customize to our liking, the average user doesn't like the look of stock, and would rather have a "pretty" skin, and the added "features" of Blur/Sense/Touchwiz. It seems like with the average user, that will sell better than a stock phone, even if they took a stock phone and slapped the Droid/Galaxy name on it. Such a shame. At a minimum Verizon would put their VZ navigator and whatnot on it. If it isn't a true Nexus, then in principle I couldn't support it, especially if they try to use the Nexus name on a bloated phone, and would probably end up going with the Vigor and putting CM7 on it.
    How does anyone know that folks won't like the look of stock ics?
    09-14-2011 03:41 AM
    How does anyone know that folks won't like the look of stock ics?
    I know I will, but it just seems like the average user, at least from Verizon's perspective, prefers the "prettier", less plain look of the manufacturer UI's and their widgets. Maybe ICS will change that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-14-2011 11:16 AM
    I know I will, but it just seems like the average user, at least from Verizon's perspective, prefers the "prettier", less plain look of the manufacturer UI's and their widgets. Maybe ICS will change that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Once again I call bull. How does anybody know that? I mean Their has been only 3 phones with vanilla android. The first one sold really really well. It's not like people have had much of a choice when choosing a vanilla android device. I reality they have had no choice. So how can we actually gauge what people prefer when most don't even have a choice? Yeah you have two Nexus device but once again how many people beside the android lovers know about the Nexus? Second I know a girl, not the tech type at all and she went with the Nexus 2 on t-mobile over all the other choices. Did I mention she is a girl? lol
    nemov likes this.
    09-14-2011 01:32 PM
    Once again I call bull. How does anybody know that? I mean Their has been only 3 phones with vanilla android. The first one sold really really well. It's not like people have had much of a choice when choosing a vanilla android device. I reality they have had no choice. So how can we actually gauge what people prefer when most don't even have a choice? Yeah you have two Nexus device but once again how many people beside the android lovers know about the Nexus? Second I know a girl, not the tech type at all and she went with the Nexus 2 on t-mobile over all the other choices. Did I mention she is a girl? lol
    No one knows that... it's complete nonsense.
    ejaymd11 likes this.
    09-14-2011 01:55 PM
    P3droid just tweeted he does not want the Verizon prime. Heard that it won't be stock android.

sent by CyanogenMod X
    09-15-2011 07:07 PM
    P3droid just tweeted he does not want the Verizon prime. Heard that it won't be stock android.

sent by CyanogenMod X
    DA^^^/ IT!!!!!

*customized tapatalk signature*
    09-15-2011 08:09 PM

sent by CyanogenMod X
    If this is true then the Prime just became Verizon's LTE GSII. This means that it will *hopefully* be a great phone but will lack the stock experience.
    09-15-2011 08:29 PM
    I have a hard time believing it wont be stock android.

The first ICS wont have a skin. It wont. Google would not allow it, even for Verizon.
    Wicket likes this.
    09-15-2011 08:52 PM
    Lets all take a step back and untwist our panties... we dont know anything let... not being stock might simply mean Verizon apps on here, which isn't the worst thing that could happen (touchwiz is)
    09-15-2011 08:53 PM
    Lets all take a step back and untwist our panties... we dont know anything let... not being stock might simply mean Verizon apps on here, which isn't the worst thing that could happen (touchwiz is)
    That was the other thing I was thinking of too. It just seems very farfetched that one of the first ICS phones will not be stock. How would Sammy even have time to develop a touchwiz skin?
    09-15-2011 09:05 PM
    That was the other thing I was thinking of too. It just seems very farfetched that one of the first ICS phones will not be stock. How would Sammy even have time to develop a touchwiz skin?
    like i stated in my other post, rumors from last week pointed to the nexus prime releasing before vzw's prime. so the first phone to have ICS would be stock.
    09-15-2011 09:09 PM
    like i stated in my other post, rumors from last week pointed to the nexus prime releasing before vzw's prime. so the first phone to have ICS would be stock.
    What rumor? I haven't seen it written anywhere by a reputable source that the Nexus Prime was being released before a Verizon version.
    09-15-2011 09:13 PM
142 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD