Samsung Galaxy Nexus?

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a hard time believing it wont be stock android.

The first ICS wont have a skin. It wont. Google would not allow it, even for Verizon.

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Lets all take a step back and untwist our panties... we dont know anything let... not being stock might simply mean Verizon apps on here, which isn't the worst thing that could happen (touchwiz is)

Rand0m

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Lets all take a step back and untwist our panties... we dont know anything let... not being stock might simply mean Verizon apps on here, which isn't the worst thing that could happen (touchwiz is)

That was the other thing I was thinking of too. It just seems very farfetched that one of the first ICS phones will not be stock. How would Sammy even have time to develop a touchwiz skin?

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
That was the other thing I was thinking of too. It just seems very farfetched that one of the first ICS phones will not be stock. How would Sammy even have time to develop a touchwiz skin?

like i stated in my other post, rumors from last week pointed to the nexus prime releasing before vzw's prime. so the first phone to have ICS would be stock.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
like i stated in my other post, rumors from last week pointed to the nexus prime releasing before vzw's prime. so the first phone to have ICS would be stock.

What rumor? I haven't seen it written anywhere by a reputable source that the Nexus Prime was being released before a Verizon version.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
All we need is a unlocked bootloader and were fine no matter what's done to it. Root will kill the bloat and if we have a unlocked bootloader we will have stock ics. If this phone is locked it would turn me away.

sent by CyanogenMod X

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
i pretty much agree - rooting and unlocked BL solves most of these issues. but, if it's not a stock device out of the box, then we are dependent on dev'rs for the OS updates. whereas if it were stock, the updates would come straight from Google. again, i agree with you - not a huge deal, but it would just make things much simpler if Sammy and VZW would keep their grubby little paws off the one thing us Andy enthusiasts hold sacred... :cool:

Reactions: crzycrkr

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
What if Samsung releases two phones on Verizon. One named the Droid Prime that replaces the Charge. The Prime could sport a keyboard, 4G, and have ICS.

The other phone will be the Samsung Galaxy Nexus which is apparently in the hand of testers.

The Stratosphere is a mid-tier phone so that's not likely an issue.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
The Prime is gonna still be a sammy device. And if it's the one with a keyboard, i'll take it. I really don't care about getting STOCK ics. That's what rooting is for.

geeksbsmrt

Don't call me a nerd
Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
What if Samsung releases two phones on Verizon. One named the Droid Prime that replaces the Charge. The Prime could sport a keyboard, 4G, and have ICS.

The other phone will be the Samsung Galaxy Nexus which is apparently in the hand of testers.

The Stratosphere is a mid-tier phone so that's not likely an issue.

3 Sammy devices within 1 or 2 months. That's a big pill to swallow.

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry but I think "the droid guy" is full of it.... just wants more traffic for his VERY amateur site.

But at this point Im with you.... more confused then ever....

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Looks like this will indeed be the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. Is this the death of the prime?

Breaking: Move over Prime ? the Nexus is coming

Samsung Nexus Prime?err Galaxy Nexus?err Confusion ? More Details Emerge About the First Ice Cream Sandwich Device

Are you confused? So am I.

Well on article says that the Prime is an actual phone, it's just not the Nexus. It also said the HTC Vigor is better than the Prime which is not the Nexus. It went on the say that there is indeed a Nexus device.

The second article is said the person said that the Vigor is better than the Nexus, but that is not what it said at all. it said the Vigor was better than the Prime, which the first article said is NOT the Nexus. Also how can a Nexus phone not be stock? The second article sounds like complete bull.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't surprise me at all if the first article is true. I've been saying all along the the Prime and the next Nexus is not the same phone.

Rand0m

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Well on article says that the Prime is an actual phone, it's just not the Nexus. It also said the HTC Vigor is better than the Prime which is not the Nexus. It went on the say that there is indeed a Nexus device.

The second article is said the person said that the Vigor is better than the Nexus, but that is not what it said at all. it said the Vigor was better than the Prime, which the first article said is NOT the Nexus. Also how can a Nexus phone not be stock? The second article sounds like complete bull.

Believe me, I have always doubted thedroidguy. Don't think there hasn't been anything credible to come from that site that hasn't already been known. Kellex on the other hand is someone I trust. His reviews are top notch and his information has been quite good in the past few months.If you read through the comments in the Droid-life article it is obvious that Kellex knows a bit more about this device then he is letting on. He seems to be posting the information from droidguys site because some of it is indeed credible. Kellex posted this information instead of his own to protecting his sources (seems to be self imposed NDA).

What I think is confusing everyone today is the slide out keyboard debate. Kellex seems to be adamantly against it being VZW Nexus device. And in his defense, there has been zero mention of the Nexus Prime having a slider in any "leak". Hoax leak or not, it wasn't until Panda that we started hearing about one and its pretty late in the game for a phone that will be shipping in November.

There seems to be three phones being talked about here. The Galaxy Nexus (sounds like there could be Droid branding) appears to be the VZW phone and I will put money on it not being a slider. With the Stratosphere coming out in the next month and the Droid 3 still being quite relevant I doubt that another slider is on its way. The market for them is not nearly as large. It also sounds like this is not a true Nexus device. Although at this point I think it is too early to tell. The Nexus device that everyone on here wants sounds like it will come out shortly after the Galaxy Nexus, probably closer to the Holidays.

As for what will be on these phones. Who knows. There is a description of the Galaxy Nexus in the droid-life comments which Kellex agrees with. They seem reasonable but still very much speculation. My guess is something more solid will be coming in the next two/three weeks, especially if the Vigor is indeed coming out in mid October. I'd expect a good amount of "leaks" of the Nexus prior to Vigor's release.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
And actually, come to think of it, the possibility of them Prime being a different phone than the next Nexus was brought up weeks ago in one of those BGR articles everyone was basing all their info on. It just got ignored for some reason

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Believe me, I have always doubted thedroidguy. Don't think there hasn't been anything credible to come from that site that hasn't already been known. Kellex on the other hand is someone I trust. His reviews are top notch and his information has been quite good in the past few months.If you read through the comments in the Droid-life article it is obvious that Kellex knows a bit more about this device then he is letting on. He seems to be posting the information from droidguys site because some of it is indeed credible. Kellex posted this information instead of his own to protecting his sources (seems to be self imposed NDA).

What I think is confusing everyone today is the slide out keyboard debate. Kellex seems to be adamantly against it being VZW Nexus device. And in his defense, there has been zero mention of the Nexus Prime having a slider in any "leak". Hoax leak or not, it wasn't until Panda that we started hearing about one and its pretty late in the game for a phone that will be shipping in November.

There seems to be three phones being talked about here. The Galaxy Nexus (sounds like there could be Droid branding) appears to be the VZW phone and I will put money on it not being a slider. With the Stratosphere coming out in the next month and the Droid 3 still being quite relevant I doubt that another slider is on its way. The market for them is not nearly as large. It also sounds like this is not a true Nexus device. Although at this point I think it is too early to tell. The Nexus device that everyone on here wants sounds like it will come out shortly after the Galaxy Nexus, probably closer to the Holidays.

As for what will be on these phones. Who knows. There is a description of the Galaxy Nexus in the droid-life comments which Kellex agrees with. They seem reasonable but still very much speculation. My guess is something more solid will be coming in the next two/three weeks, especially if the Vigor is indeed coming out in mid October. I'd expect a good amount of "leaks" of the Nexus prior to Vigor's release.

Yeah my bad I agree. I think I got the two dudes mixed up. Droidguy had the bs article that came out last week talking about the samsung chip being in the nexus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm