Prime on ATT?

bangnbounce

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I know that the Prime is a lock for Verizon. Do you guys think it will make its way to ATT? I ask because if not I'll pick up the SGSII, but if so I will wait and get the Prime. Thanks!

Sent from my iPod Shuffle

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I think it will... the question is will it be delayed (from Verizon's release), and if so, then how long (don't want it to take like 6-7 months like the Nexus S did to come to AT&T)

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I know that the Prime is a lock for Verizon. Do you guys think it will make its way to ATT? I ask because if not I'll pick up the SGSII, but if so I will wait and get the Prime. Thanks!

Sent from my iPod Shuffle

I'd grab the GS2. Depends on how long you want to wait. There's nothing out there on the Prime except rumor and speculation. It probably won't reach VZW until November. The fact that the GS2 is available on ATT tells me it's not coming (if at all) for awhile on other carriers.

Scottatron

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I'd grab the GS2. Depends on how long you want to wait. There's nothing out there on the Prime except rumor and speculation. It probably won't reach VZW until November. The fact that the GS2 is available on ATT tells me it's not coming (if at all) for awhile on other carriers.

And T-Mobile, and Sprint.

bangnbounce

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, yeah I'm not sure what I will do yet. I'm pretty sure GS2 will be out next Sun. on ATT. Ahhhh decisions.... btw random rant: What's with phones without the LED notifications? Its probably my fav thing on my Nexus 1.

brillrick

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

The rumors seem to indicate that this situation will be like the release of the Motorola Droid 1. The Droid 1 was the first phone released with android 2.0 in late 2009, with the help of Verizon, it was the phone that pushed android to the masses. The Droid 1 was a stock android phone. A few months later the Nexus one was released.

I think we will have the same situation here. The droid prime will be Verizon's stock experience phone that will push the next big android update and a couple months later there will be Nexus devices.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
The rumors seem to indicate that this situation will be like the release of the Motorola Droid 1. The Droid 1 was the first phone released with android 2.0 in late 2009, with the help of Verizon, it was the phone that pushed android to the masses. The Droid 1 was a stock android phone. A few months later the Nexus one was released.

I think we will have the same situation here. The droid prime will be Verizon's stock experience phone that will push the next big android update and a couple months later there will be Nexus devices.

Keep in mind that this is just a theory. It could end up being true, but the rumors really don't "indicate" it at all. It's based on some confusion about the name of the phone which still isn't confirmed.