Panda Poem through Tom @tfleming223

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Those of you thinking this phone with a keyboard would be a mistake are clearly mistaken. For starters, it's one more reason for blackberry fans to switch. And also, there are thousands of android fanboys. This forum does not make up a large % of them, they WILL buy this phone because of it's specs and the fact that it's android.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Those of you thinking this phone with a keyboard would be a mistake are clearly mistaken. For starters, it's one more reason for blackberry fans to switch. And also, there are thousands of android fanboys. This forum does not make up a large % of them, they WILL buy this phone because of it's specs and the fact that it's android.

Can we just skip this pointless debate? I get it, you like keyboards. Good for you. If phones with keyboards were what people really wanted Blackberry wouldn't be losing users. The iPhone would have a keyboard version. The GS2 (which is Samsung's flagship device) would have a keyboard. Those devices don't have keyboards because most people don't want them. End of story.

Reactions: MetalPhoenix79

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Can we just skip this pointless debate? I get it, you like keyboards. Good for you. If phones with keyboards were what people really wanted Blackberry wouldn't be losing users. The iPhone would have a keyboard version. The GS2 (which is Samsung's flagship device) would have a keyboard. Those devices don't have keyboards because most people don't want them. End of story.

How about the blackberry os can't even compare to ios or android? That has nothing to do with why they are using users?

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
How about the blackberry os can't even compare to ios or android? That has nothing to do with why they are using users?

There are plenty of Android phones out there with keyboards. The idea that this phone would have a keyboard just to entice Blackberry users is.... pretty weak.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
This is all well and good if Verizon offers both, but I'm a Verizon customer and I'm not used to choice. There are certainly many people who wouldn't mind a keyboard, but I think it's obvious that most people don't want it. That's not a slight against those with different tastes. It's just the way the market is at the moment.

How could anyone possible know that most people don't want a phone with a physical keyboard? I know a lot of people that do not want a touchscreen only phone. That was the reason I picked the OG. Now I do not want my next phone to have a physical keyboard, but that's not saying that they're aren't a lot of folks out there that do want a physical keyboard.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
How could anyone possible know that most people don't want a phone with a physical keyboard? I know a lot of people that do not want a touchscreen only phone. That was the reason I picked the OG. Now I do not want my next phone to have a physical keyboard, but that's not saying that they're aren't a lot of folks out there that do want a physical keyboard.

This is simple economics. If more people wanted keyboard devices wouldn't keyboard devices dominate the market? Of course they would. I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to understand.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
How many FLAGSHIP devices have come out in the past year with slide out keyboards? Anyone? If I had to guess, I would have to say it is close to zero. ..
Does the Galaxy S Epic 4G on Sprint count as the last year? Maybe not, I'm not sure.

There are plenty of Android phones out there with keyboards. The idea that this phone would have a keyboard just to entice Blackberry users is.... pretty weak.

I agree that they wouldn't add a keyboard just to entice BB users. However, it seems logical to assume that long time BB users would be more inclined to switch OSs (to Android) if their new phone also had a physical keyboard like they were used to. I know when I cam from BB years ago, I was very happy my OG had a keyboard. Now I don't want one.

Reactions: SpaceHippie

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't saying they are trying to entice BB users, that's over there now taking on apple, i said the keyboard would sway BB users. Which is true. And he just of my statement is simply that the phone will sell, keyboard or not. Verizons ad campaigns are very good.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

NO one ever said that was the reason for having a physical keyboard on the phone. Maybe you are the one having the problem understanding things.

This is simple economics. If more people wanted keyboard devices wouldn't keyboard devices dominate the market? Of course they would. I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to understand.

Well first of all people were never ever given a choice where they? Look at all the phones with keyboards now they are all very weak spec wise maybe with exception of the Droid 3. A lot of phones with keyboards aren't even running android! What you keep fail to understand, or maybe choosing not to understand is no one is saying that everyone wants a physical keyboard. They point is because you do not want one, doesn't mean their aren't plenty of people that do!

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
NO one ever said that was the reason for having a physical keyboard on the phone. Maybe you are the one having the problem understanding things.
Nope. Please read:
Those of you thinking this phone with a keyboard would be a mistake are clearly mistaken. For starters, it's one more reason for blackberry fans to switch.
No one has said that "no one wants a keyboard." Your problem seems to be accepting the fact that a majority of smartphone users don't want a keyboard. If a majority of smartphone users wanted a keyboard the flagship phones from iPhone, HTC, Samsung, and Motorola would have them.

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Please read:

No one has said that "no one wants a keyboard." Your problem seems to be accepting the fact that a majority of smartphone users don't want a keyboard. If a majority of smartphone users wanted a keyboard the flagship phones from iPhone, HTC, Samsung, and Motorola would have them.

Excellent point. For many users, the iPhone is the standard. These people aren't power users so they're like "i don't need that keyboard, the iPhone doesn't have one!" Cue focus groups all nodding "no sir" to the idea of one. I understand. It's what the people want.

I guess keyboard lovers, including myself, are a bit bummed to see that really going away. There's nothing really high end save for the Droid 3 and that's because it's being seen as a niche. It's a bit tough to accept tbh, but I've always said if the phone was absolutely amazing, I'd suck it up and force myself to live with the on screen keyboard and try to get better..somehow. The keyboard would just be icing on the cake for some people.

I know this is far fetched, but what if the keyboard idk...somehow clipped onto it and slid out somehow. So it could be the best of both worlds: Want a uberthin phone, don't get the optional "keyboard accessory" Verizon did this with the LG Versa, but in a weird stupid clamshell way.

Just a dream but still. :)

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Are we really having this debate? It's as simple as this: if more users wanted physical keyboards on high devices, manufacturers would put them on more devices. Why does the current batch of upper-end smart phones lack physical keyboards? Because they aren't very popular for flagship devices. Many, many more people would rather see a Nexus san-keyboard than one with it. There's a reason so few high end phones have them...they wouldn't sell.

UserError

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Keyboard would be pretty awesome to have! Typing up longer e-mails, and even some texts, are so much easier with a keyboard. If not for anything else -- I'm able to see more of what I type since the virtual keyboard is not taking up half the screen. Plus -- I make a lot less typos with a physical keyboard.

Seems like some people do not use their phone for work as much -- physical keyboards are not becoming outdated -- it's just that a lot more people who don't need them are beginning to use these phones.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Please read:

You keep choosing to miss my point.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
No one said that there aren't people who want a keyboard.

Either way I don't think there will be a single Nexus device with a keyboard. Also a lot of folks are saying they wouldn't get it if it had a keyboard. I think that is just posturing. The rumored specs make it a beast of a phone, and if it had a keyboard it would still be a beast.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan