Panda Poem through Tom @tfleming223

TRZ06

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
i believe p3droid said they would get a prime but it wouldn't be vanilla android (call it droid prime instead of nexus prime). and i'm sure it will be LTE equipped because a lot of carriers are moving towards it.

Yeah fair enough about LTE, but P3Droid was one of the ones (along with BMX as well) that discredited the original claims by BGR that a Droid Prime was being made. It seems like he came into some new info a day or two ago that now has him believing the phone is not coming to Verizon. He didn't, however, clarify if he meant the Nexus in any form/fashion (DROID version included), or just that it wouldn't be a true Nexus.

EvanJ18

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
from p3droid in order

@p3droid said:
If what im hearing is true then I may cross the nexus prime off my christmas list.

@verizonwireless you don't know what is best foe me can't you give me just one device, just one device that is all mine.

The allure of the prime for me was a phone with a pure stock experience if that is not the case im not as excited. Its just another monster phone.

Im pouring out this drink for the vzw nexus prime rip.

I took that to mean that they are getting it, just not stock, likely touch wiz. Or maybe a G2X type situation at best, Stock but still have carrier bloat.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Not to rain on the parade, but tfleming223 hasn't really told us anything. The phone is being released around Halloween and has LTE? This isn't even news.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I think his tweets are referring to ICS. He says his next lines would make the date i the actual phone clear.

Also, yes we've heard most of this already before. This is merely just a confirmation from someone 'in the loop'

Sent from my ADR6400L

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I am confused now. So what is this beastly Prime we keep hearing about ? Is it just a Droid on Verizon ? Or will it be a Nexus on the standard nexus carriers; ie T-Mobile and Sprint ?

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
lol it would be awesome if they launch it within the 14day return period of the iPhone. Then thousands of customers switch. That would be awesome haha

joeyandrade123

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
"Fore on the date Bruce Wayne?s true father did die; you shall in fact be able to buy in stores of red and black"
So does this part mean it will be on Verizon?

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
"Fore on the date Bruce Wayne?s true father did die; you shall in fact be able to buy in stores of red and black"
So does this part mean it will be on Verizon?

Yep. So it sounds like Announcement to come around halloween, and release in November. Sweet! As long as this doesn't turn into another Thunderbolt launch lol. That was brutal for me.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Will this "Prime" also be sold as a Nexus for Sprint ?

So for now Verizon gets it first and will be named "Samsung Galaxy Nexus" or possibly "Droid-Prime" ?