Panda Poem through Tom @tfleming223

Wiggy0211

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Please be November 3!! Got to have before I go on my honeymoon on the 7th!!... If I'm not taking HD video while laying on the beach I'm gonna be PISSED!! haha No but seriously I still have the Eris and it is everything I can do to avoid testing its durability against a brick wall.:mad:

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Either way I don't think there will be a single Nexus device with a keyboard. Also a lot of folks are saying they wouldn't get it if it had a keyboard. I think that is just posturing. The rumored specs make it a beast of a phone, and if it had a keyboard it would still be a beast.

No, I definitely wouldn't get it if it had a keyboard. Zero posturing on my part. If that's how it releases for Verizon, I'll definitely be passing until something in the 4.5" screen range comes out sans physical keyboard.

Reactions: MetalPhoenix79

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
do i want a keyboard? NO! would it stop me from buying this tight ass beast of a phone? HELL NO!!! i freaking hate slider phones, i hate cases for sliders evn more. i do find it hard to believe that the VZW NEXUS would have a keyboard. they passed on SGSII and have the D3 for keyboards. They also have the Merge.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Please be November 3!! Got to have before I go on my honeymoon on the 7th!!... If I'm not taking HD video while laying on the beach I'm gonna be PISSED!! haha No but seriously I still have the Eris and it is everything I can do to avoid testing its durability against a brick wall.:mad:

ANDROID>WIVES/GF!!!!! lol

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Please read:

No one has said that "no one wants a keyboard." Your problem seems to be accepting the fact that a majority of smartphone users don't want a keyboard. If a majority of smartphone users wanted a keyboard the flagship phones from iPhone, HTC, Samsung, and Motorola would have them.

dude, did you not see my second post? I said the keyboard would attract blackberry users, but it's not the reason they would add one. And what statistics are you getting that says smartphone users don't want keyboards? Just because there aren't many smartphones with them doesn't mean there is no demand.

With that kind of thinking, why was the iPhone made? I don't think there was a demand for touch screen phones at the time, or do you have a report that states otherwise?

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
dude, did you not see my second post? I said the keyboard would attract blackberry users, but it's not the reason they would add one. And what statistics are you getting that says smartphone users don't want keyboards? Just because there aren't many smartphones with them doesn't mean there is no demand.

With that kind of thinking, why was the iPhone made? I don't think there was a demand for touch screen phones at the time, or do you have a report that states otherwise?

We can keep going around and around on this if you wish. Phones with keyboards already exist. If they were selling tons of Droid 2/Droid 3 devices that would become the standard. No one is arguing that there isn't a demand for keyboard devices. The market makes it clear that touchscreen devices without keyboards are in larger demand.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
This is simple economics. If more people wanted keyboard devices wouldn't keyboard devices dominate the market? Of course they would. I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to understand.

Uh no its not that simple. Manufacturers can also limit choice in order to move the consumer along onto a new platform.

Apple could remove optical drives for next mbp revision and people might whine but eventually give in when they need to upgrade theirs Macs again. Yes some might go to pc but most would suck it up.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Uh no its not that simple. Manufacturers can also limit choice in order to move the consumer along onto a new platform.

Apple could remove optical drives for next mbp revision and people might whine but eventually give in when they need to upgrade theirs Macs again. Yes some might go to pc but most would suck it up.

So, in other words, the lack of physical keyboards in phones is due to industry manipulation because that is convenient for your argument?

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

Your example doesn't fit this topic because good keyboard devices exist.

I'm done with this topic. For those who want to continue to beat this horse please, vote in this poll.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
So, in other words, the lack of physical keyboards in phones is due to industry manipulation because that is convenient for your argument?

Cut the sass.

If durability and manufacturing complexity and costs are higher with keyboard devices, then the mfgr has incentive to move away from that platform.

Same with optical drives. If they represent 10% of support calls or even 5% of failures, and building laptops without them costs less, then there is incentive to remove them in future iterations of the product.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Your example doesn't fit this topic because good keyboard devices exist.

I'm done with this topic. For those who want to continue to beat this horse please, vote in this poll.

Their existence does not tell the true story. The RATE at which they are created and the current marketshare they represent are more important factors. Less keyboard devices being introduced = trend toward touch screen only devices.

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
you can go to cellularsales and buy one right now. it is outdated but is still a nice phone with solid build and nice keyboard

Yup, it does exist, people have reported picking them up at Premium indirect stores for a while now. I would have gotten one but decided to hold off on a device that would get better community support.

It's a shame it wen't down like it did, because the keyboard is fantastic.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I think I speak for everyone when I say I am excited as hell that we have some pretty good choices coming up on Verizon for once.

Id rather have this problem, rather than which phone am I settling for (aka me 8 months ago when my lg touch went swimming...hello ebay)

Reactions: rickhamilton620

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think I speak for everyone when I say I am excited as hell that we have some pretty good choices coming up on Verizon for once.

Id rather have this problem, rather than which phone am I settling for (aka me 8 months ago when my lg touch went swimming...hello ebay)

Totally. I remember the bad old days of VZW when it was the opposite..*shudders*

Right now I have 3 - 4 handsets to choose from that would meet my needs. Ok so 2 of those are future handsets (Prime and Stratosphere) and one is kinda long in the tooth and would really be a "im settling" device (Merge) but hell..that's not bad at all if one think's about it.

TrivialTweeter

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I guess we're looking at a mid-January release. That's when Bill Finger(Batman's creator) died.

Actually, Bill Finger is not the credited creator of Batman. He's an un-credited co-creator. I believe he wrote many of the early comics, but Bob Kane created all the artwork. Bob Kane is considered the official "creator" of Batman.

Bob Kane lived from October 24, 1915 ? November 3, 1998

So November 3rd is the date that the official creator of Batman died.