Panda Poem through Tom @tfleming223

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Im gonna say the Droid Prime has a keyboard and the Galaxy Nexus does not. I want the Prime.

That would really suck, since most people don't want a keyboard and on VZW we'd still be stuck without a proper stock phone.

If they offer both, great. If not, I am truly out of there in February if there's no stock ICS/NFC/Nexus-like phone on Verizon (without a keyboard).

mikachu

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Believe me or not, I held the phone for for 30 seconds as described in the poem. I honestly thought it was a SAMSUNG EPIC 4G for Verizon. Had I known it was the new "nexus" I definitely would have looked at it longer to give you more details.

That poem does not lie.

phantomash

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Believe me or not, I held the phone for for 30 seconds as described in the poem. I honestly thought it was a SAMSUNG EPIC 4G for Verizon. Had I known it was the new "nexus" I definitely would have looked at it longer to give you more details.

That poem does not lie.

so does the phone has any front buttons (capacitive/physical) at all?
does it have a keyboard? (though I really doubt it)

I figure this could be easily observable by just holding the phone.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

That poem does not lie.

If you didn't know what it was it's likely you still don't know what it is... most likely the Stratosphere.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

That poem does not lie.

Color me dubious as well. The phone "described in the poem" has a 1280 x 720 HD display and ICS. You thought it was a "SAMSUNG EPIC 4G for Verizon"? Doesn't exactly make sense ..

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I took that to mean the Prime will evoke the same sentiments the Charge did:

People will think the phone is too large (based on specs) but they'll be pleasantly surprised. And the battery with LTE isn't bad but could be better.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok I know I know ...POIDH

But...

I just talked to a dev who I guess works on the Google dev platforms. I forget what role he has but he doesn't work directly for Google.

He's played with the Prime. He smiled and just said a few things about it. Said build quality is not impressive. Its pretty thin. Feels plasticky. Screen is nice. It does have LTE.

He ALSO said the HTC Vigor is a nicer phone: much better build quality and looks nicer. I think someone else said the same before.

Thats all I got. I wont see him anytime soon but he's the roommate of a friend's friend.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lucki

mikachu

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
If you didn't know what it was it's likely you still don't know what it is... most likely the Stratosphere.

I'm not saying I'm right or wrong. Just sharing what I gathered.

Some more info for you all.

It had a keyboard, but was grippier and better then the epics

The processor was considerably faster then the epics.

It had lte

Now I'm unsure about the stratosphere, but is it a direct replica of the epic? Including the keyboard?

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
So I spoke to my brother finally, he works for google. I tried over and over for him to give me some info, I will not state his name because I don't want him to get fired. Finally he did give me some inside information. He said that Verizon WILL have the Nexus and will have it first. I asked him about the keyboard and he said that they are working on a keyboard version for Sprint. He said November 3rd is indeed the date they are aiming for the release on Verizon. I asked about the screen, it will be 4.6 inch and will be curved the same way the nexus s is. All of this im writing is a bunch of crap, I don't have a brother that works at google and I know nothing about the prime. I want to see how many people just read the beginning of a paragraph and believes everything someone they don't even know say. So be happy everyone! My brother is legit and we will be getting a Nexus for sure! We no longer have to have a bunch of rumors, we now have proof!

Last edited:

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
So I spoke to my brother finally, he works for google. I tried over and over for him to give me some info, I will not state his name because I don't want him to get fired. Finally he did give me some inside information. He said that Verizon WILL have the Nexus and will have it first. I asked him about the keyboard and he said that they are working on a keyboard version for Sprint. He said November 3rd is indeed the date they are aiming for the release on Verizon. I asked about the screen, it will be 4.6 inch and will be curved the same way the nexus s is. All of this im writing is a bunch of crap, I don't have a brother that works at google and I know nothing about the prime. I want to see how many people just read the beginning of a paragraph and believes everything someone they don't even know say. So be happy everyone! My brother is legit and we will be getting a Nexus for sure! We no longer have to have a bunch of rumors, we not have proof!

Nothing personal, but "hearing a story from the brother of a guy on an internet forum" is pretty much the definition of "rumor". ;)

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So I spoke to my brother finally, he works for google. I tried over and over for him to give me some info, I will not state his name because I don't want him to get fired. Finally he did give me some inside information. He said that Verizon WILL have the Nexus and will have it first. I asked him about the keyboard and he said that they are working on a keyboard version for Sprint. He said November 3rd is indeed the date they are aiming for the release on Verizon. I asked about the screen, it will be 4.6 inch and will be curved the same way the nexus s is. All of this im writing is a bunch of crap, I don't have a brother that works at google and I know nothing about the prime. I want to see how many people just read the beginning of a paragraph and believes everything someone they don't even know say. So be happy everyone! My brother is legit and we will be getting a Nexus for sure! We no longer have to have a bunch of rumors, we now have proof!

Nice, I get it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781