Panda Poem through Tom @tfleming223

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok I know I know ...POIDH

But...

I just talked to a dev who I guess works on the Google dev platforms. I forget what role he has but he doesn't work directly for Google.

He's played with the Prime. He smiled and just said a few things about it. Said build quality is not impressive. Its pretty thin. Feels plasticky. Screen is nice. It does have LTE.

He ALSO said the HTC Vigor is a nicer phone: much better build quality and looks nicer. I think someone else said the same before.

Thats all I got. I wont see him anytime soon but he's the roommate of a friend's friend.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

You know what's the most interesting thing about all these "My brothers, wife's, ex-cousin in law, house keepers poodle used the Prime and" scenarios? is that they only confirm the rumors but never ever add any new real information. You know the information people want to know such as an sdcard slot, LED, HDMI etc etc. You know things most people would take the time to look at if they truly did get a chance to handle the prime. Why is that?

apaq

May 30, 2010
Visit site
So I spoke to my brother finally, he works for google. I tried over and over for him to give me some info, I will not state his name because I don't want him to get fired. Finally he did give me some inside information. He said that Verizon WILL have the Nexus and will have it first. I asked him about the keyboard and he said that they are working on a keyboard version for Sprint. He said November 3rd is indeed the date they are aiming for the release on Verizon. I asked about the screen, it will be 4.6 inch and will be curved the same way the nexus s is. All of this im writing is a bunch of crap, I don't have a brother that works at google and I know nothing about the prime. I want to see how many people just read the beginning of a paragraph and believes everything someone they don't even know say. So be happy everyone! My brother is legit and we will be getting a Nexus for sure! We no longer have to have a bunch of rumors, we now have proof!

HaHa that is funny

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
You know what's the most interesting thing about all these "My brothers, wife's, ex-cousin in law, house keepers poodle used the Prime and" scenarios? is that they only confirm the rumors but never ever add any new real information. You know the information people want to know such as an sdcard slot, LED, HDMI etc etc. You know things most people would take the time to look at if they truly did get a chance to handle the prime. Why is that?

Believe me I hear you. Look at my post history; im not a troll.

Im just in silicon valley and in my age bracket I know lots of devs working at google, apple, Microsoft, etc. Im bound to run into some enthusiastic folks who dont mind sharing.

And yes I agree with you. I should've asked about sdcard. Good call. But I didn't walk into an interview with questions prepared. We were at a bar and went back to a friend's place. Saw him for maybe 30 min. I found it funny that he wasn't impressed. But he did like the Vigor.

Even before the original Nexus One was released, I recall seeing it in someone's hands at a restaurant in SF. I also saw one on my plane ride back from Boston. The guy was a recent grad and was given a dev phone. He talked pretty casually about it, which tells me that Google does NOT have the culture of secrecy that Apple does.

Its like Google figures everyone is a geek and will get excited to share info, so they only lay out some loose ground rules on what not to share re: something major like ICS. Thats the impression I get.

Slightly OT: he said MIUI is the best ROM because of how structured the dev effort is. I think he said its the closest to the JVM spec (?) Or something like that. I was a little tipsy.

Edit: he did say the phone is noticeably longer/taller than other 4.3" phones.

Last edited:

RoninX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not saying I'm right or wrong. Just sharing what I gathered.

Some more info for you all.

It had a keyboard, but was grippier and better then the epics

The processor was considerably faster then the epics.

It had lte

Now I'm unsure about the stratosphere, but is it a direct replica of the epic? Including the keyboard?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Stratosphere is a significant improvement over the Epic 4G. In addition to LTE, some of the rumors indicate that it will have a faster processor and a Super AMOLED+ screen like the SGS2 (vs the Super AMOLED screen on the Epic).

We should know for sure in less than two weeks...

MetalPhoenix79

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I found it funny that he wasn't impressed. But he did like the Vigor.

I've been wondering why, in rumors at least, that the Vigor keeps getting referenced as a better phone. Both supposedly are going to have dual-core 1.5GHz processors, LTE, and 1GB ram. The big differences I see are the Vigor will have Sense and a 4.3" HD screen while the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will have a 4.5"-4.65" SAMOLED screen (possibly HD) and be vanilla. I guess my question is, why is the Vigor seen as superior?

Reactions: ejaymd11

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been wondering why, in rumors at least, that the Vigor keeps getting referenced as a better phone. Both supposedly are going to have dual-core 1.5GHz processors, LTE, and 1GB ram. The big differences I see are the Vigor will have Sense and a 4.3" HD screen while the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will have a 4.5"-4.65" SAMOLED screen (possibly HD) and be vanilla. I guess my question is, why is the Vigor seen as superior?

Not really sure...if I had to speculate I would guess people like its build quality. A lot of people come down on Samsung for their plastic-y builds, even though there has been a rumor the Prime might have a metal chassis.

Last edited:
Reactions: MetalPhoenix79

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

Well, it's possible it's the same source. One person's opinion hardly matters in the grand scheme of things.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Sense is a really great UI. Stock android does not look as nice as sense. And sense widgets are alot better imo. But again its probably opinion. Me, i like big phones and nice displays. So i want the prime.

I heard sense is so heave that it's as big as the OS itself. If true that can't be a good thing. Yes stock is plain but its plain for a reason. It gives the user full authority to customize it as they see fit.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Sense is a really great UI. Stock android does not look as nice as sense. And sense widgets are alot better imo. But again its probably opinion. Me, i like big phones and nice displays. So i want the prime.

So why don't you want the Vigor then since the Prime won't have sense.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Im just tired of HTC putting out phones with garbage battery life and requiring "bump charging." Their signals aren't the best either.but their build quality is above average. At least they dont typically use pentile screens. I hope the buttons on the Vigor aren't mushy like the Thunderbolt's.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
So why don't you want the Vigor then since the Prime won't have sense.

Sense is flashy and nice to look at but stock is faster, lighter, and quicker to update. Not to mention my last 2 phones were sense, if you look at my sig im a journeyman, i love trying out new UIs lol.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
P3Droid on Twitter just started another poem.

He pretty much hints at the fact that Verizon is getting an untouched version of the Nexus. He hints that usually Verizon puts bloat on your phone, but this time it will be just the OS only.

So Nexus Prime/Galaxy Nexus (whatever) should be just the OS only according to the latest Poem.

here's the poem:

I've seen the light and greatness is coming! For those that said that Red shall never join the the fold

Just wait a little longer and you will be able to hold Though we expect red to always be screwing with a device and not let it free

But this time it's new, and all is different Because its coming in its its original iteration With fudge and fixins.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
P3Droid on Twitter just started another poem.

He pretty much hints at the fact that Verizon is getting an untouched version of the Nexus. He hints that usually Verizon puts bloat on your phone, but this time it will be just the OS only.

So Nexus Prime/Galaxy Nexus (whatever) should be just the OS only according to the latest Poem.

here's the poem:

I've seen the light and greatness is coming! For those that said that Red shall never join the the fold

Just wait a little longer and you will be able to hold Though we expect red to always be screwing with a device and not let it free

But this time it's new, and all is different Because its coming in its its original iteration With fudge and fixins.

Awesome! Funny though how a few weeks ago he was all upset about VZW and not getting the prime.