09-26-2011 08:34 AM
148 1234 ...
tools
    I caught myself in the same delima (OG droid, up for contract renew and keeping my unlimited data plan) . The way I looked at it a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. The Bionic is here and the Prime isn't... As much as I wanted to wait on the Prime we don't know when/if it will be here. By the time it does get here, there will be another faster phone right around the corner. So I took the shot with the Bionic and very happy with it.
    Johnly likes this.
    09-23-2011 05:34 PM
    If your on vzw then there is NO nexus phone. The prime on vzw is the upgraded Droid charge aka charge2. For me its simple do u want plastic phone that manufacturer doesn't support and reliese on developes to fix there problems. As for as moto goes they provided decent os Support and don't loygag around. HTC and charge no gingerbread yet
    09-23-2011 05:45 PM
    Smartphones are now 90% software. I love new hardware and some screens are better than others, better processors are always needed, and...
    But mostly now it's about software improvements (search the issue on PCmag.com). The Bionic is better than many other 4g Android phones because the software is newer.
    The software in the Prime should be the very newest, otherwise leave it on the shelf and save yourself a few bux, buy the Bionic. I waited for the Bionic but didn't buy because of the delays. Now I wait for the Prime. If it is released in October with ICS, I am buying. If not I'm probably switching to iPhone (hitting myself with a hammer right now).
    Nirvana328 likes this.
    09-23-2011 05:53 PM
    If your on vzw then there is NO nexus phone. The prime on vzw is the upgraded Droid charge aka charge2. For me its simple do u want plastic phone that manufacturer doesn't support and reliese on developes to fix there problems. As for as moto goes they provided decent os Support and don't loygag around. HTC and charge no gingerbread yet
    Sigh... What's the point of the diatribe?
    09-23-2011 05:58 PM
    I went from the ally to the bionic and have been very happy with it so far. I wanted dual core, lte, and a gig of ram, and got it. I'll admit the screen isn't as crisp as the super amoled, but I wasn't worried about that.
    It also helped that it was rooted before it even came out and now has a deodexed and debloated rom. I was able to one-click root and can't wait for cyanogenmod to (eventually) come out for it, and it helps that rom manager supports it now too.

I'm not sure on time, but i think thats darn quick for devs.

Just my two cents ^_^
    09-23-2011 06:05 PM
    funny, you sound like you knew all about the bionic, how this other will blw it away.

facts are facts and righ now there are none on the nexus prime. Right now, the fastest phone on the market is the Bionic

hmm, ok, did a quick search before some says tegra 2 some says 4430, turns out 4430 is the one in Bionic, I stand corrected, thanks for the heads up. Needless to say, I'm not very into Bionic anyway.
    But my point still stands, Prime's spec will be better ultimately.
    09-23-2011 06:07 PM
    Excuse my ignorance. I'm a phone noob with a Droid 1 and been wanting to upgrade my phone. The Bionic looks impressive but I'm willing to wait for a better device. Your thoughts?
    09-23-2011 06:12 PM
    well then you wont ever get a new phone cause you'll always wait for " a better device". phones come out so often it makes new great phones obsolete. just get the bionic, its a kick *** phone
    09-23-2011 06:14 PM
    Since the bootloaders still locked i say any is better

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-23-2011 06:16 PM
    go into Verizon and put the screen of the Charge up against the Bionic and see how bad the Bionic is.
    The Verizon store I went into wouldn't show me a working Bionic, just the floor model with the sticker screen. They said they couldn't show one off without actually activating it. Sad.

The sales guy even tried to 'promote' it by saying it had already been rooted.
    09-23-2011 06:20 PM
    The Verizon store I went into wouldn't show me a working Bionic, just the floor model with the sticker screen. They said they couldn't show one off without actually activating it. Sad.

The sales guy even tried to 'promote' it by saying it had already been rooted.
    You sure that wasn't diamond wireless or another third party. Verizon is proud of this beast, beautiful and here...... Freaking ahhhhh and 4g. Sadly indeed.
    09-23-2011 06:25 PM
    I had the bionic for two weeks it was a great but the major problems i had with it brot me back to my og droid.here is a list of my problems

1.Black screen of death(screen goes black and you need to do a battery pull causes your alarm to not go off)
    2.High pitch squeal when listening through headphones on any app or program.
    3.Very bad camera (1080p video is amazing)
    4.Price $399.99 on contract ?
    09-23-2011 06:26 PM
    How does the Galaxy Nexus and HTC Vigor fit into this discussion? Is the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus Prime the same phone?

Whatever I get I want it to have NFC if I'm going to be stuck with it for two years.
    09-23-2011 06:27 PM
    Simply, either you are having a blast with LTE dual core, or you are all talk.
    09-23-2011 06:30 PM
    I had the bionic for two weeks it was a great but the major problems i had with it brot me back to my og droid.here is a list of my problems

1.Black screen of death(screen goes black and you need to do a battery pull causes your alarm to not go off)
    2.High pitch squeal when listening through headphones on any app or program.
    3.Very bad camera (1080p video is amazing)
    4.Price $399.99 on contract ?
    399? Lol, you got ripped. Btw, I have had 2 bionics and none of those issues. I had a gs2 as well. So what did you trade down to?
    09-23-2011 06:33 PM
    Samsung has shown great improvement in updating phones, even releasing kernel source code before some phone releases. They even have a GS2 to a CM team member for development purposes. I think they show promise.

And as for the VZW Nexus, I think we just have to wait and find out. I for one think VZW will have the Nexus, and it will be an exclusive for a short while. Then on to other carriers.
    09-23-2011 06:39 PM
    I had a Bionic for 2 weeks and returned it also. The deal breaker for me was the electrical feedback from the headphone output. All Bionics suffer from this supposed hardware issue. I had 3 different Bionics including one that was sent to me from Motorola (they called it a process special engineering exchange) that was supposed to be "guaranteed" to not suffer from the audio problem. It was hard to see it go but I just couldn't see myself having to listen to that sound for 2 years.
    09-23-2011 06:57 PM
    Hmmm, I plugged my Bionic into my home stereo via the headphone jack, and heard no background hiss. The music was clear and sounded great.
    09-23-2011 07:00 PM
    Excuse my ignorance. I'm a phone noob with a Droid 1 and been wanting to upgrade my phone. The Bionic looks impressive but I'm willing to wait for a better device. Your thoughts?
    Dont let the negative remarks about the display throw you off. unless you are a perfectioist, the screen is really good. i have used the bionic for 2 weeks now and the phone is great. with so much under the hood, you would think it chews batteries and spits them out. I run mine 3g with an extended battery and it lasts me all day. Fantastic phone.
    09-23-2011 07:02 PM
    I hear it when I'm listening to something mellow, an audio book, if I'm on a phone call using a headset or during a pause in a song. It's not a hiss, it's hard to describe. It's a more of a high pitched whine. To be honest, if you don't hear it you're better off just forgetting about it because if you're extremely picky about sound like I am you might want to return it. But, if you're interested in testing it further, try plugging in a headset or aux cable, hit play and turn the volume on the phone all the way down. You should hear the high pitch sound. Now pause the music, and about 3 or 4 seconds later you should hear a click and the noise will stop.
    09-23-2011 07:11 PM
    The bionic has nice specs, but the screen is horrible.
    Horrible? What an incredible overstatement. Most folks can't even see the issues that a few complain about.
    09-23-2011 07:13 PM
    The screen is fine IMO. It only really bothered me when watching a video. Pentile seems to have a hard time reproducing shadows.
    09-23-2011 07:16 PM
    I for one would love to have the Bionic now! Its as close to future proof as it gets. Especially with the google/Moto situation. Also, Motorola hardware is 2nd to none imo. Look how many people are still rocking the og droid on these forums.

Samsung phones are too plasticy for my liking, but I have to agree that their displays are amazing.

If my wife didn't want the iPhoneS/5 so bad, I would use her upgrade (og droid) on a Bionic, and give her my X2, like yesterday lol

Tapatalkin' from my Atrix'd out DROIDX2!
    psolis likes this.
    09-23-2011 08:00 PM
    The fact that bionic owners are sniffing around in the prime thread may be the answer to the OP's question... jkjk I keed I keed..
    Some people might actually be thinking this same thing. I'm here because I'm not poking around but this thread is on AndroidCentrals main page. I WAS gonna respond to the guy who said my phone had a Tegra2 Chipset.

Don't fret. BIONIC will be getting ICS

Now I'm just here to say I Really enjoy my Bionic. One main thing HTC and Sammy don't have are superior radios. My buddy at work has a Charge as did I, and he has trouble holding a 3g signal as did I. I can go all day without dropping 4g with this Motorola device. Beat that Prime!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    09-23-2011 08:23 PM
    Ice Cream Sandwich is the only spec you need to be saying yes too!
    In my opinion at least.

Supposed metal device from Samsung, Dual Core 1.5 GHZ LTE, 1gig RAM
    8MP Camera / 2.0 Front Camera

& Possible added intuitiveness / features from Steve Kondik "Cyanogen"!!!

I currently have DINC2 & will be getting the Prime if the specs are as accurate as they're being made out to be!!
    09-23-2011 08:23 PM
148 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD