09-26-2011 08:34 AM
148 ... 456
tools
    The reason I swapped out my Bionic was because of a problem with electrical feedback in the headphone output. The story about how I owned 3 different Bionics is long and will not get into it. I've owned the OG Droid since launch with no problems, and many other smartphones before that starting with the Nokia 3650 back in 2002. Most phones, I never had a problem with but some I did. S*** happens, phones sometimes stop working correctly or not at all. Yes I am picky but I refuse to deal with this kind of a problem on a flagship phone. Believe me, I know most people think it's ridiculous to return a phone because of such a "minor" issue. My phone doubles as a music player and saves me having to carry around a second device. This issue was a deal breaker to me and not something I could deal with for the length of a contract. Call me a geek, whiner or whatever you like. If insulting people over the internet makes you feel tough that's cool e-thug. In the end I'm gonna do what makes me happy regardless of what anyone thinks or says. If you'd like to read about the issue here is a link to the thread. https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...art=0&tstart=0
    whats up e-gangsta!! i would not even wasted my time writing about just you. your post just triggered my post. there are dozens and dozens of posts about people going through 2-5 phones, not just moto, sammy, htc, etc. i think it is crazy. it is not the norm for any industry to have to go through 2-5 of any item before settling. i am not quite sure why you are so defensive about it. i actually didnt single you out!

that being said, are you happy with a phone that you had to go through 3-4 to get right? that is not a very good testament to the phones quality! i mean i guess you are happy enough with it to come onto a Prime thread and argue with people about stuff that nobody knows yet.
    09-25-2011 01:17 PM
    You guys know what? I'll probably get nailed for saying this, but arguing on the internet is like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, your still re tar ded.. LOL.
    Poor show

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-25-2011 04:56 PM
    whats up e-gangsta!! i would not even wasted my time writing about just you. your post just triggered my post. there are dozens and dozens of posts about people going through 2-5 phones, not just moto, sammy, htc, etc. i think it is crazy. it is not the norm for any industry to have to go through 2-5 of any item before settling. i am not quite sure why you are so defensive about it. i actually didnt single you out!

that being said, are you happy with a phone that you had to go through 3-4 to get right? that is not a very good testament to the phones quality! i mean i guess you are happy enough with it to come onto a Prime thread and argue with people about stuff that nobody knows yet.
    So much wrong with your posts I won't even get into it. I've got better things to do with my time, like scratch my back, than argue with you over the interwebz. Congratulations, you win.
    09-25-2011 05:32 PM
    So much wrong with your posts I won't even get into it. I've got better things to do with my time, like scratch my back, than argue with you over the interwebz. Congratulations, you win.
    youve got better things to do than reply yet, you still did it! I havnt argued with you once!!! Please give an example of my argueing!! sparked by your post stating you have gone through 3 phones, not quoting you, i wrote a post stating i think it is crazy that people go through 2,3,4,5 phones within a month or so of release and that i have never in 10 years of smartphone ownership experienced this. you were offended and replied quoting me calling me an e-thug!!! you are arguing! you are on a PRIME forum, take your **** back to the ****ty *** bionic forums!!!

i would also like to know what about my pressing to hard post you thought condescending? i was simply telling you something you obviously didnt know or for some reason deliberately chose to overlook. i have witnessed dozens of clients, friends, family that mash the screen to do something or if it doesnt work first press mash harder, i tell them all the same thing, it does no good to press on the phone.

you are a pissed off person that came to a Prime thread to pick a fight with people who will very shortly have a much superior phone. go smash your screen some more and add some widgets!!!!!
    09-25-2011 06:15 PM
    Great post he deserved it but why do the bionic forums have to be the bad word you've blanked out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
    09-25-2011 06:55 PM
    Wow... so many defensive Bionic owners. Get over it.

For the record... I DID own a Bionic.

Back to the OG, now on the DX. Waiting for the Nexus. It WILL be superior. Read the interwebs people. Jeez.

Why do people get so uptight when morons bash their device? Who cares what other people think of your phone? If YOU like it... end of story. Ignore everyone else. Dang.

*customized tapatalk signature*
    09-25-2011 07:10 PM
    youve got better things to do than reply yet, you still did it! I havnt argued with you once!!! Please give an example of my argueing!! sparked by your post stating you have gone through 3 phones, not quoting you, i wrote a post stating i think it is crazy that people go through 2,3,4,5 phones within a month or so of release and that i have never in 10 years of smartphone ownership experienced this. you were offended and replied quoting me calling me an e-thug!!! you are arguing! you are on a PRIME forum, take your **** back to the ****ty *** bionic forums!!!

i would also like to know what about my pressing to hard post you thought condescending? i was simply telling you something you obviously didnt know or for some reason deliberately chose to overlook. i have witnessed dozens of clients, friends, family that mash the screen to do something or if it doesnt work first press mash harder, i tell them all the same thing, it does no good to press on the phone.

you are a pissed off person that came to a Prime thread to pick a fight with people who will very shortly have a much superior phone. go smash your screen some more and add some widgets!!!!!
    edizzle, really?

Weren't you the one a few pages back posting out of nowhere "Bionic sucks!"? People may be coming to this thread to consider the Bionic vs the Nexus, and instead are treated to this drivel. It seems fair for milkshed27 to point out what he may consider flaws and strengths of the Bionic - screen "presses" and all - so that readers might get some insight from an actual user. On the other hand, it is fair to ask about 3-5 returns of a product. What doesn't seem right is this continued this back and forth, IMO.

Can we move on to real comparisons please, such as do we think there will there be a noticeable speed increase from a dual 1.0Ghz phone to a dual 1.5Ghz phone that has the drag of a HD screen to contend with?
    oxymoron likes this.
    09-25-2011 07:11 PM
    Wow... so many defensive Bionic owners. Get over it.

For the record... I DID own a Bionic.

Back to the OG, now on the DX. Waiting for the Nexus. It WILL be superior. Read the interwebs people. Jeez.

Why do people get so uptight when morons bash their device? Who cares what other people think of your phone? If YOU like it... end of story. Ignore everyone else. Dang.

It wasn't that serious relax bud.

09-25-2011 07:19 PM
    dsignori why would you even write that?

im not sure what me posting bionic sucks on a prime thread has to do with anything. i simply gave a suggestion on the use of a touchscreen and stated that i thought it was strang how many people on these forums return their phones.

i was then called an e-thug and tears were shed because i had upset him!!

oh well, i think the horse has been beaten.
    09-25-2011 07:24 PM
    Who cares? Let the kids throw things and cry mine is the best. For the intelligent crowd, we understand android is a part of many hardware platforms and that we all run an OS that is different that apples. It is like the cool kids have an iphone and get along while the geeks throw tantrums and clamor "my processes are superior, in your face!" who wants to be a part of this community? I don't, but I love android and how versatile it is. I love the bionic, yet I know the prime will be great. This thread should be phone wars. It is housing 90% subjective squibble. I can't wait until the prime gets here and real threads grow with measurable objective data.

Mine is better than yours, nany nany boo boo, lmao!
    oxymoron and dsignori like this.
    09-25-2011 07:26 PM
    It wasn't that serious relax bud.

No need for "quoting", I wasn't referring to any one person.

Thank you. Have a nice day.

Bud.

09-25-2011 07:29 PM
    I am just here waiting for new info on the Nexus Prime. (munching popcorn) Oh and to stir the pot, I tried the Bionic.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    oxymoron likes this.
    09-25-2011 07:47 PM
    Like I said I'm not going to go into a back and forth, if you want answers go back and re-read my posts from the beginning. If you or anyone would like to take the discussion further we can do so thru PMs. I prefer to stay on topic in this thread.
    09-25-2011 07:48 PM
    there is no back and forth! i posted not mentioning you at all. you responded by getting VERY defensive and calling me names. i defended my post!

answers to what??

yes i want to take this to PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hilarious!
    09-25-2011 08:01 PM
    Sigh... really man? You just asked me to give you examples of where you were being condescending and where you were arguing. I responded by saying that I didn't want to go into a back and forth. With all due respect even though you've shown me none, you really need to learn reading comprehension and how to follow conversations as your posts are littered with inaccuracies. Awaiting your PMs.......
    09-25-2011 08:10 PM
    So do you guys think it's likely that Samsung uses the Wolfson WM8994 sound codec used in the Galaxy S phones, in the Prime?
    09-25-2011 08:28 PM
    Aren't they both (d3, Bionic) qHD Pentile screens?
    Yes, but the d3 has more ppi than bionic.
    09-25-2011 08:36 PM
    I'm guessing, whatever you think of the Bionic's battery life, it will get better with ICS. Since ICS is designed for multi-core phones. How much better obviously remains to be seen. I'm guessing the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will have battery life on par with the Bionics'.

I too believe the Nexus will be a better phone because of the rumored specs. I would wait for the Nexus simply because you could compare the phones head to head and then make an informed decision. [HL]Not to mention the Vigor is coming as well[/HL].
    I realize this is a Bionic vs. Nexus "debate" -- though using that term for this thread is like describing a vomit-covered reveler lying unconscious in the gutter after Mardi Gras as "tired" -- but I'm glad you brought up the Vigor. If rumors are to be believed, that means within 6-8 weeks VzW customers will have three really nice cutting edge devices to choose from. Not a bad situation to be in.
    rickhamilton620 likes this.
    09-25-2011 08:47 PM
    This is a vey interesting thread. A lot of you Bionic owners have got me thinking but, I will still probably wait for the Nexus phone.

I have just recently (a little over a year ago) got into the smartphone craze. My first smartphone after my blackberry was the Nexus One. To make a long story short, I have owned three different phones since then and, still regret selling my Nexus One.

There is just something about having a pure Google phone that I love. I currently own a Iphone 4 and, while it's a nice phone; I'll still may get the Nexus phone when it comes out. The thing notice about the Nexus phones vs. carrier-skinned/bloated phones is, they do everything I want to do a little better.

When I had my Nexus S it synced my contacts better and, booted a lot faster than my MYtouch 4G. it just seemed to do everything, Google-related; much better. Having said that, the Bionic really looks like a nice phone, I just don't like all the Verizon stuff on it.

I really like the super-amoled display because of how you can view it in sunlight. The colors are really sharp and nice also. Out of all the phones, IMO none of them beats the iphone 4 as far as pixel density, you can see the difference big-time when the phones are side-by-side.

To the OP, if you can't wait; I think the Bionic would be a good choice. it just depends on you and, how into phones you are and, if you have to have the latest and greatest thing. I'm even tempted by the Bionic but, will probably wait; I may not even get the nexus phone, it just depends.
    09-25-2011 10:37 PM
    If the nexus prime is what I read it is, I will pony up and buy it too. I can't help myself. 4.65 screen. HD SAMOLED+ 1.5Ghz processor. 2000mah battery. One thing is for damn sure. I WON"T sell my Bionic.
    09-25-2011 11:31 PM
    I have and am using the bionic right now. First, I'm a photographer and pretty avid videophile. Samsung screens are inaccurate at depicting colors. Super AMOLED oversaturates pretty much every color it produces. Blacks are true, but the white and RGB spectrum is sub-par. With that being said, pick up a nexus s. Pick up a Samsung charge. Then pick up a bionic and tell me the still image actual display QUALITY is better on a Samsung screen, because if you think so, you just like oversaturated and inaccurate colors. LED TVs have better picture quality than plasmas too, dont they? Do I think the prime will be a better phone than the bionic? yes I do. Is it because of the famous Samsung screen? Absolutely not
    09-26-2011 03:08 AM
    I have and am using the bionic right now. First, I'm a photographer and pretty avid videophile. Samsung screens are inaccurate at depicting colors. Super AMOLED oversaturates pretty much every color it produces. Blacks are true, but the white and RGB spectrum is sub-par. With that being said, pick up a nexus s. Pick up a Samsung charge. Then pick up a bionic and tell me the still image actual display QUALITY is better on a Samsung screen, because if you think so, you just like oversaturated and inaccurate colors. LED TVs have better picture quality than plasmas too, dont they? Do I think the prime will be a better phone than the bionic? yes I do. Is it because of the famous Samsung screen? Absolutely not
    I agree with this completely. I am not a professional photographer, but it is my favorite hobby. I had the bionic for a little while, but sent it back. It wasn't because of the screen really, but a combination of small things. The pixelization of colored text did bug me a little, however.

I am using a Droid X now, and am very impressed with it's screen. The colors seem very accurate, and the contrast seems just about perfect. I feel that the camera on this is a little better than the bionic. There seems to be less noise from the sensor. I do tell a difference when using the native camera app, as opposed to vignette however. I believe vignette by default is less prone to bumping the ISO than the native app, and this could be why.

I do miss the bionics ability to clearly display the screen in direct sunlight, and the power savings that are a result of the white subpixel.

It was a very nice device overall, but I feel that the nexus will suit my needs more fully.

Can't argue taste though, to each their own.

09-26-2011 08:22 AM
    I have read though that with TouchWiz 4.0 you can adjust the color saturation. I don't have any personal experience (nor the photographer's eye) to judge how this may improve the situation. But, there is at least an adjustment that people can make to help with possible over saturation. I don't know if the same ability will exist with ICS that would allow the same adjustment for a Sammy Nexus device with a SAMOLED display.
    09-26-2011 08:34 AM
148 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD