Is the Nexus Prime suppose to be better than the Bionic?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Excuse my ignorance. I'm a phone noob with a Droid 1 and been wanting to upgrade my phone. The Bionic looks impressive but I'm willing to wait for a better device. Your thoughts?

Waiting in line ducks and is boring. If it makes economical sense, then wait. Is there a definite on what phone is better? I think that is relative. I passed on the SG2 because it does not suit my needs. The Bionic was offered to me by Verizon with unlimited LTE data And unlimited LTE hotspot. I have Always had good experiences with motorola and the call quality is top notch (phone first.) For my needs and budget, the Bionic smoked the Vapor prime every day of the week. I can always get the prime, but unlimited LTE? Get what suits Your needs, and if you need to wait, wait. Remember, just because it is read on the Internet doesn't make it true. When the prime gets here, go check it out! Good luck. The Bionic is a beast, and ICS being built around the omap will bring this phone great things to come to compete with the prime and iphone 4S. There will NEVER be a "best" device, just a device that is Best for you.

I recommend reading the Bionic section here. You can compare that to rumors and decide for yourself! Best advice I have given all day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nirvana328

Wiggy0211

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
The fact that bionic owners are sniffing around in the prime thread may be the answer to the OP's question... jkjk I keed I keed.. ;)

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Wait. Resolutions will be higher, soft capactive keys will be removed for bigger screens. Higher specs. Better software. These are all guaranteed. The actual specs are up in the air but we know where the trends are leading us.

sk102704

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
It will be better than the Bionic but not by as much as people are claiming. If you can hold out, do it, if not, pick up the Bionic, you won't be disappointed. And the screen is not horrible by the way. I was disappointed in the screen at first but now I don't see the flaws I use to and have come to love the screen! Both will be great devices!

BarneyDroid

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I caught myself in the same delima (OG droid, up for contract renew and keeping my unlimited data plan) . The way I looked at it a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. The Bionic is here and the Prime isn't... As much as I wanted to wait on the Prime we don't know when/if it will be here. By the time it does get here, there will be another faster phone right around the corner. So I took the shot with the Bionic and very happy with it.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
If your on vzw then there is NO nexus phone. The prime on vzw is the upgraded Droid charge aka charge2. For me its simple do u want plastic phone that manufacturer doesn't support and reliese on developes to fix there problems. As for as moto goes they provided decent os Support and don't loygag around. HTC and charge no gingerbread yet

voodooDr

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Smartphones are now 90% software. I love new hardware and some screens are better than others, better processors are always needed, and...
But mostly now it's about software improvements (search the issue on PCmag.com). The Bionic is better than many other 4g Android phones because the software is newer.
The software in the Prime should be the very newest, otherwise leave it on the shelf and save yourself a few bux, buy the Bionic. I waited for the Bionic but didn't buy because of the delays. Now I wait for the Prime. If it is released in October with ICS, I am buying. If not I'm probably switching to iPhone (hitting myself with a hammer right now).

Reactions: Nirvana328

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
If your on vzw then there is NO nexus phone. The prime on vzw is the upgraded Droid charge aka charge2. For me its simple do u want plastic phone that manufacturer doesn't support and reliese on developes to fix there problems. As for as moto goes they provided decent os Support and don't loygag around. HTC and charge no gingerbread yet

Sigh... What's the point of the diatribe?

kadaj21

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I went from the ally to the bionic and have been very happy with it so far. I wanted dual core, lte, and a gig of ram, and got it. I'll admit the screen isn't as crisp as the super amoled, but I wasn't worried about that.
It also helped that it was rooted before it even came out and now has a deodexed and debloated rom. I was able to one-click root and can't wait for cyanogenmod to (eventually) come out for it, and it helps that rom manager supports it now too.

I'm not sure on time, but i think thats darn quick for devs.

Just my two cents ^_^

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
funny, you sound like you knew all about the bionic, how this other will blw it away.

facts are facts and righ now there are none on the nexus prime. Right now, the fastest phone on the market is the Bionic

hmm, ok, did a quick search before some says tegra 2 some says 4430, turns out 4430 is the one in Bionic, I stand corrected, thanks for the heads up. Needless to say, I'm not very into Bionic anyway.
But my point still stands, Prime's spec will be better ultimately.

hotkoko

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
well then you wont ever get a new phone cause you'll always wait for " a better device". phones come out so often it makes new great phones obsolete. just get the bionic, its a kick ass phone

iandouglas

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
go into Verizon and put the screen of the Charge up against the Bionic and see how bad the Bionic is.

The Verizon store I went into wouldn't show me a working Bionic, just the floor model with the sticker screen. They said they couldn't show one off without actually activating it. Sad.

The sales guy even tried to 'promote' it by saying it had already been rooted.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon store I went into wouldn't show me a working Bionic, just the floor model with the sticker screen. They said they couldn't show one off without actually activating it. Sad.

The sales guy even tried to 'promote' it by saying it had already been rooted.

You sure that wasn't diamond wireless or another third party. Verizon is proud of this beast, beautiful and here...... Freaking ahhhhh and 4g. Sadly indeed.

bulvine420

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the bionic for two weeks it was a great but the major problems i had with it brot me back to my og droid.here is a list of my problems

1.Black screen of death(screen goes black and you need to do a battery pull causes your alarm to not go off)
2.High pitch squeal when listening through headphones on any app or program.
3.Very bad camera (1080p video is amazing)
4.Price $399.99 on contract ?

mrpaulc

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
How does the Galaxy Nexus and HTC Vigor fit into this discussion? Is the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus Prime the same phone?

Whatever I get I want it to have NFC if I'm going to be stuck with it for two years.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I had the bionic for two weeks it was a great but the major problems i had with it brot me back to my og droid.here is a list of my problems

1.Black screen of death(screen goes black and you need to do a battery pull causes your alarm to not go off)
2.High pitch squeal when listening through headphones on any app or program.
3.Very bad camera (1080p video is amazing)
4.Price $399.99 on contract ?

399? Lol, you got ripped. Btw, I have had 2 bionics and none of those issues. I had a gs2 as well. So what did you trade down to?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer